Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2011 2:49 PM

Jan 2011
Ok so since I found there's quite a few of you that like to talk about music I figure why not open a generalish music thread.
You may ask now what is "Generalish" suppose to mean?
Means its not constricted to just 1 genre like the other thread "Otaku music".
However one caveat to this is that it has to deal with anime. So if you found you like because of their anime ops and eds then awesome let us know about them. Or through an AMV that you watched, then throw a link up to the amv your talking about if one is available and tell us about some of the other music the band makes. This can also extend so far as to video games. Game has a cool sound track or just one awesome song in particular let us know.

Here are some examples to give you an idea.

After watching Bleach a few times (100s of eps) first found out about UVERworld. Cool band as im sure many of you know kinda like a Japanese Linkn Park but with a cool teddy bear mascot. then later found out about Aqua timez. Can't really describe them too well other then the voice is crazy weird at first but it grows on you.

So When I was still relagated to 56k a few years back I was into heavy use of lime wire dling AMVs like a noob otaku. Found this cool AMV that mixes FLCL with a band called Mindless Self indulgence. WOW talk about coke trip. WHat can I say abotu the bad other then don't listen if you don't like vulgarity, songs about sex drugs or rock and roll. Reminds me a bit of another band called Orgy, bit electro with lots of rock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8mmyb0MWis

Coolest sound track to a game should go to Katamari. I suck at the game but I usually play it just to listen to the music. If you need a fix of various Jpop type music then this game is for you. Or you could also just get the OST to it as well it's also very good.

So there's a couple examples of what I m talking about. well have fun.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 26, 2011 4:08 AM

May 2010
Yeah, I first listened to UVERworld when I watched Bleach too. Then I heard them in D.Gray-Man, Gundam 00 and Code Geass and I had mixed impressions of their songs when I heard the rest of their stuff.

L'arc~en~Ciel I heard in Gundam 00, Daybreak's Bell is still one of my favorite songs of all time. I also liked them in Seirei no Moribito, and I started listening to a few of their songs when I was playing Band Master. I like Hyde's voice, it's inspiring in a way XD

Abingdon Boys School kicks ass too, Sengoku Basara's op JAP is another one of my fave songs. The lead singer of that band has a solo project too, it's called TM Revolution, he's done songs for D.Gray-Man and Darker than Black.

You should play DJMax too if you like cool game soundtracks. It's Korean though..
Jan 26, 2011 6:08 AM

Oct 2010
Yeah I love Sengoku Basara opening song too! :)

Jan 26, 2011 8:21 AM

Jan 2011
Korean is fine by me they have a lot of awesome music comeing out. Thanks for the suggestions I have something to look forward to now.
Jan 26, 2011 11:39 AM

Aug 2010
My guilty Jpop pleasure is Memoire Clover ever since I heard the Yosuga no Sora ED2. Now they have a song in the ED of Dragon Crisis so obviously I'm obligated to watch that.

Other music anime got me into or reminded me were awesome:

The Pillows (FLCL)
Plaid (Tekkon Kinkreet... I had one of Plaid's older albums, but this movie helped me rediscover their level of epic)
The entire Panty & Stocking album (pure gold)

That's all I can really think of atm.
Jan 28, 2011 1:53 PM

Jan 2009
While I do enjoy a lot of the music used for opening and endings, there have been a few songs that really stood out that made me check out the bands.. and from that, there are even fewer that I followed.

FLOW: I got into them after listening to them do a song for the original Naruto and then again for Naruto Shippuuden. They also did the first ending to Heroman as well and after that, I decided to check them out.

Coldrain: They did the ending theme for Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger and I was surprised at how well they sang in English, but I didn't check them out fully until I heard them do the opening to RAINBOW: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. After that I checked them out and loved them ever since.

Eiko Shimamiya: She's best known for doing the openings to all three of the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni series as well as the opening theme for the live action movie based off the anime. Her work fascinated me there and I checked her out. After doing so she became my favorite female japanese artist and still remains so until this day. Following EIKO also lead me to I've Sound where I discovered other artists such as Kotoko, Lia, and Mami Kawada.

Girls Dead Monster: They weren't even a band until Angel Beats! came along. It was during this that the vocalists for the in-anime band decided to take the act on the road. They released several mini albums and the music was simply amazing!

NICO Touches the Walls: After hearing their 3rd opening for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and the current opening for Naruto Shippuuden, I checked them out and this quickly became another band I fell in love with.

That's about it... I'm starting to get into Aqua Timez, but haven't really heard much of anything aside from the Star Driver opening and current Naruto Shippuuden ending.. I might check into them next.
"I don't want to live the dream because dreams always end when they get to the good part." - Sebastian Carmichael, A.R. Dragonfly
Feb 14, 2011 5:07 PM

Jan 2011
@systemkrash aquatimez is a very cool band I've bought a few of their albums after first hearing them from bleach ops. The leads voice is odd at first but the more you listen to him the more you like it i've found. They put out solid albums though importing them from japan to the us is a bit pricey. I was able to get one relatively cheap buy buying the Korean version of the album, exactly the saem music and cover and everything but it also included an additional booklet with the lyrics in Korean which i thought was a bonus.

One former group that i liked to listen to was DJ Ozma, he had the ED(lie lie lie) song for one of the Naruto movies . have all of the albums he produced in the dvd editions . i have to say the dudes nuts... well maybe perverted would be a better word for it but in a funny way. Just don't watch any of his videos with people that might be offended around. The music deffiinitely has an Electro-disco pop sound to it. great to groove to, drive to, or well... i won't go into what else it can used for but great music to listen to.
Oct 24, 2011 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
So watching hunter hunter 2011 and the ed is pretty killer i think they're called fear and loathing in Las vegas. Yeah I know the title to a movie that was released a few years back but the song is seriously good trying to find more stuff from them is proving to be difficult because of their name, but i really want to know if that song is an accurate representation of their work or not.
Jan 13, 2012 5:08 PM
Jan 2012
Fooly Cooly : The Pillows
Angel Beats : Girls Dead Monster
Suzumiya Haruhi : Aya Hirano (her solo stuff)
Full Metal Alchemist : Asian Kung Fu Generation
Jan 13, 2012 7:19 PM

Oct 2010
i loved Etsuko Yakushimaru's voice since i heard it in Tatami Galaxy. XD
Jan 14, 2012 3:09 AM

Nov 2010
I've downloaded a few ops/eds and osts but I'm too lazy to listen to the other songs by the same artists
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» introduce yourself :) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

gundam83 - Nov 11, 2010

204 by emxutaxmine »»
Jul 16, 2014 9:42 AM

Sticky: » This Club is dead

hfinity - Apr 12, 2014

1 by RandomNinjaName »»
Apr 20, 2014 3:34 PM

» Recommendations

noangelhonestly - Feb 25, 2013

5 by noangelhonestly »»
Feb 24, 2014 10:55 AM

» I Recommend...

gundam83 - Jan 6, 2012

6 by noangelhonestly »»
Feb 25, 2013 10:40 AM

» Anime winter 2011-2012

hfinity - Dec 10, 2011

9 by SofiaBulga »»
Oct 29, 2012 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.