Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 2, 2008 11:29 PM

Mar 2008
Well I just really hope someone had already had this idea. Well when I was looking at the top anime and manga I thought that if it would it be better if we could also the the top anime or manga of every genre. For example, if you would like to watch a really good comedy you would go to the Top Anime and then select the list of the top comedies on MAL. Please tell me what you think of this idea.
Jun 2, 2008 11:36 PM

Nov 2007
The problem is most series span multiple genres, which would kind of ruin the lists.
Jun 2, 2008 11:54 PM

Mar 2008
Asako said:
The problem is most series span multiple genres, which would kind of ruin the lists.

yeah you're right but if you have that option maybe you could see how popular is that anime in that genre. For example, X anime has two genres, sci-fi and comedy, and you find in the comedy list that it hasa higher ranking that in the sci-fi top list, so that must mean that it is very good in comedy and not that much on the other, the same with others with multiple genres. OR would that be on another topic?
Jun 2, 2008 11:57 PM

Nov 2007
Well, TTGL is #1 on this site, and it's labelled sci-fi, mecha, comedy and action.

There is certainly better SF out there. There's better mecha. There's better comedy. There's better action. But TTGL would top all four of those lists, which is retarded.
Jun 3, 2008 12:43 AM

Mar 2008
Asako said:
Well, TTGL is #1 on this site, and it's labelled sci-fi, mecha, comedy and action.

There is certainly better SF out there. There's better mecha. There's better comedy. There's better action. But TTGL would top all four of those lists, which is retarded.

You're right, it would be better to have us members to vote for the top anime of every genre every certain time that way the decision of the top anime genres would be given to us, well the way to vote would be inside the Top Anime link. What do you think?
Jun 3, 2008 9:17 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Use advanced search. You can filter by genre and then sort by score.
Jun 3, 2008 1:16 PM

Mar 2008
Xinil said:

mmmmm yeah you're right I did not notice that. Well either way it would have been nice to know the highest rated anime of every genre even if it is the same series that is best that others in every aspect.

Wait what about for us to vote how good is a series on every of its genre. like having to vote for action with 7 and its comedy with an 8? is there something like that?
Jun 3, 2008 3:53 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
FernaMedel said:
Xinil said:

mmmmm yeah you're right I did not notice that. Well either way it would have been nice to know the highest rated anime of every genre even if it is the same series that is best that others in every aspect.

Wait what about for us to vote how good is a series on every of its genre. like having to vote for action with 7 and its comedy with an 8? is there something like that?
Nope, and I don't plan on implementing something like that either. Sorry.

More topics from this board

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

19 by k1rb »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.