Forum Settings
Forums

The Most Notorious "Talker" Runs the World's Greatest Clan Discussion

New
Sep 30, 8:13 AM

Feb 2019

https://myanimelist.net/anime/58714/Saikyou_no_Shienshoku_Wajutsushi_de_Aru_Ore_wa_Sekai_Saikyou_Clan_wo_Shitagaeru

Synopsis

Noel longs to be a Seeker like his heroic grandfather, slaying the beasts that emerge from Abysses and exploring far-off lands. Unfortunately, it turns out he's nothing but a measly Talker–a job with no combat skills whatsoever. Undaunted, Noel sets out to establish the strongest clan in all the land, using his silver-tongued Talker skills to unite assassins and heroes under his leadership.

(Source: Seven Seas Entertainment)

Other Information

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Oct 7, 2024 to ?
Premiered: Fall 2024
Broadcast: Mondays at 23:30 (JST)
Previewed: Oct 1, 2024
Producers: DAX Production, GREE Entertainment
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Felix Film, Ga-Crew
Source: Light novel
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 30, 9:36 AM

Aug 2011
Episode 1

To start things off, Noel's backstory about how he became a Seeker, and pretty much he's fulfilling his grandfather's dying wish. But it turns out Noel is all talk and no action as he just doesn't have what it takes to be a Seeker, and instead he's a Talker, the weakest job around. Even so, he uses his tongue to run the clan as he's determined to build the strongest clan ever using his god-tier speaking skills. Things don't exactly get off to the best of starts when Lloyd and Tanya decide to go off on their own. This feels like I'm watching Let This Grieving Soul Retire (which are both by GREE and airing this season), but unlike with that show the MC is a weakling in a position of power by choice, all while this has a more serious feel to it as opposed to a more lighthearted one. Anyway, this show's production values had me skeptical about this show, and indeed that's how I'm feeling about this as I just didn't feel engaged all that much with this show.
Sep 30, 9:57 AM

Oct 2022
"Talker" is right. Way too much inane dialogue. I found this show deeply unpleasant right from the get-go, and I'm not even sure why. I might give it one more episode to change my mind, but I almost dropped this one in the first twelve minutes.
Sep 30, 10:01 AM

Feb 2019
Not a promising start at all...the MC is an edgelord to start out with, before even getting screwed over...then he supposedly gets screwed over at the end.

There was basically nothing compelling about this first episode.

Sep 30, 10:17 AM

Sep 2019
Well, at least it's not a standard D&D style fantasy world, although it has similarities. I was okay with the first episode, but I can't make any commitment until the cast settles in place. The main character certainly isn't going to carry the show for me. The goal of being the strongest edgelord ever (or being a pop idol adventuring group) isn't much of a plot, so something more than that would be nice.
Sep 30, 3:04 PM

Apr 2017
Ah, our edgelord garbage for the season.

All of his edgelord behaviour is undercut but his luscious eyelashes.
Sep 30, 3:30 PM

Oct 2022
The title had me thinking this was going to be a comedy, but no funny business can withstand this level of EDGE.

Still, not terrible so far, though there's a long way to go.

I kind of like that he and the guy he didn't get along with end up on the same side.
Don't drive a car when you're dead - Tom Waits
Sep 30, 4:24 PM
Nov 2022
Ok let's see if this title retranslation helps anyone (I think it sheds light on where we're going).

最凶の支援職【話術士】である俺は世界最強クランを従える

Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru

~As The 'Baddest' Support Job "Word-User", I Rule (as in dominate) the World's Strongest Clan

最凶 saikyou 'the evilist' slight wordplay on 最強 saikyou 'the strongest' which appears later.

So yeah.
marklebidSep 30, 4:28 PM
Sep 30, 5:24 PM

Oct 2022
Those eyelashes made me hope he'd turn out to be a girl at some point, which would at least have been interesting, but no, he's shirtless later in the episode.
Oct 1, 6:57 PM
May 2016
Ugh. Another "weakest power ever" out to prove everyone wrong and become the strongest, saw the other party skipping out a mile away (since they aren't in the poster art haha). Guess I'll stick around to see if Ms Underboob McBoobwindows isn't just boring eye candy, but man I found it difficult to even make it through this episode.

Also what the hell is he wearing a sleeveless turtleneck sweater? Man if you can't even design reasonable fashion for your characters and I can't imagine you'll do any better on their personalities.
Oct 2, 12:51 AM
Oct 2022
The manga has incredible art and the MC comes up with some pretty convoluted schemes so it's actually quite an entertaining read.

I wish this received the budget that Wistoria had, the designs in this anime look like a budget knockoff of the original.

Astral_IguanaOct 2, 12:58 AM
Oct 2, 6:34 PM
May 2016
So he was cut in half, how could he still talk? o_0
Yesterday, 3:07 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to MenchiK1
So he was cut in half, how could he still talk? o_0
@MenchiK1 Talking is a free action?
10 hours ago
May 2016
Reply to marklebid
@MenchiK1 Talking is a free action?
@marklebid

Huh?
8 hours ago
Nov 2022
Reply to MenchiK1
@MenchiK1 Until he's officially dead he can keep talking without regard for time.
7 hours ago

Apr 2017
Reply to MenchiK1
@MenchiK1 He has to fail 3 death saves.
5 hours ago

Oct 2022
Reply to MenchiK1
@MenchiK1 D&D humor
Don't drive a car when you're dead - Tom Waits
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Mecha-Ude: Mechanical Arms Discussion

zkeleton - 4 hours ago

2 by Dosantsu »»
4 minutes ago

» Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister Discussion

GridironOtaku - Oct 1

25 by Dosantsu »»
30 minutes ago

» Good Bye, Dragon Life Discussion

runec - Yesterday

7 by runec »»
46 minutes ago

Sticky: » Post the Anime You've Watched Today ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

boldulysses - Oct 19, 2022

939 by GridironOtaku »»
5 hours ago

» Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon Season 5 Discussion

HOOfan_1 - Yesterday

12 by zkeleton »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.