Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Is 25 better than 50?
Jul 16, 7:46 AM
Jan 2022
I genuinely believe that episode 25 is superior to ep 50.
Edit: I don't mean to downplay ep 50 in any way. I just thought the comparison to ep 25 would be interesting, since most people consider ep 50 to be the best ep from Code Geass
Ghost_DavoJul 16, 1:01 PM
Jul 16, 7:52 AM

Sep 2016
For Code Geass? Don't think so, maybe 40.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 16, 8:58 AM
Sep 2022
Both are really good tbh, hard for me to pick a favorite, but ep 25 probably edges it just by a small margin
Jul 16, 9:14 AM
Apr 2022
They are close, but I think 50 is slightly better with a more satisfying (not cliffhanger) conclusion
Jul 16, 10:31 AM
Jun 2021
I would say each episode of Code Geass is awesome and fun to watch. In fact, there isn't any bad episode. Still, I have to say episode 25 was a masterpiece.
[center]
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 16, 11:26 AM
Aug 2023
Lets not do this to this show, its a great show 1-50👍🤝
Jul 16, 11:26 AM
Mar 2024
Ep. 50 is my favorite conclusion to any piece of media. It blows 25 out of the water imo
Jul 16, 11:48 AM
Jan 2023
Season 1 is better than season 2 yes
Jul 16, 12:02 PM
Jan 2020
How should I remember, like 10 years ago, BTW many episodes are heavily deep, I liked the series a lot and the main character says things about me, we re alike and in psychology as well in some things, 9 is my final vote to this great piece of work
Jul 16, 12:03 PM
Jan 2020
How should I remember, like 10 years ago, BTW many episodes are heavily deep, I liked the series a lot and the main character says things about me, we re alike and in psychology as well in some things, 9 is my final vote to this great piece of work
Jul 16, 12:03 PM
Jan 2020
Jul 16, 12:16 PM
Jun 2021
explain what happens in them
Jul 16, 12:35 PM
May 2011
Suzaku unmasking Zero and exposing Lelouch in front of Kallen was already better than the final execution of Zero Requiem, and the movie makes episode 50 even worse.
Jul 16, 12:58 PM
Nov 2020
I honestly believe that season 2 was half the length of season 1 and started were season one left off instead of skipping 6 months, it would’ve been way better
Jul 16, 1:23 PM
Sep 2022
Yozarou said:
I honestly believe that season 2 was half the length of season 1 and started were season one left off instead of skipping 6 months, it would’ve been way better

Well that was the original plan, the soft reboot R2 introduced only exists because there was a change in timeslot and they wanted the season to be easier for new viewers to get into without seeing the first, but considering they were only given 50 episodes to produce the entire show, and S2 already set up so many things, it hurt the whole package in my opinion.

R2 still has its bright spots especially with the last arc and the ending, but to me it will never compare to how much I enjoyed S1 when I first saw it.

Also fun fact, the original script for episode 26 (before the change in direction) was shared by the showrunners and is available online to read thanks to a fan translation, if anyone is interested about the original plan of R2 I would recommend checking it out:
https://rainfall.dreamwidth.org/107694.html
Jul 16, 1:42 PM
Jan 2022
Greenness said:
Yozarou said:

Well that was the original plan, the soft reboot R2 introduced only exists because there was a change in timeslot and they wanted the season to be easier for new viewers to get into without seeing the first, but considering they were only given 50 episodes to produce the entire show, and S2 already set up so many things, it hurt the whole package in my opinion.

R2 still has its bright spots especially with the last arc and the ending, but to me it will never compare to how much I enjoyed S1 when I first saw it.

Also fun fact, the original script for episode 26 (before the change in direction) was shared by the showrunners and is available online to read thanks to a fan translation, if anyone is interested about the original plan of R2 I would recommend checking it out:

I just read it and oh boy, this would have been amazing. Not that it changes too much because Lelouch lost to the emperor either way but this is just by far more epic than the actual beginning of R2.
Jul 16, 2:54 PM
Sep 2022
Ghost_Davo said:
Greenness said:

I just read it and oh boy, this would have been amazing. Not that it changes too much because Lelouch lost to the emperor either way but this is just by far more epic than the actual beginning of R2.

I agree, some may say it would have taken some agency away from Suzaku's character as capturing Zero allowed him to join the knights of the round, however, his character took such an negative turn as a result, he should be upset considering the circumstances, but it was to such an extreme degree that he becomes such an unlikeable character for the majority of the second season, and I feel like that's a major reason he is so disliked within the anime community to this day.

Besides that you would also get a bit more of the Black Rebellion, considering it was just cut abruptly after the cliffhanger, as well as that confrontation between Charles and Lelouch.

It could have been really interesting, but what we got is also perfectly fine, I've accepted Code Geass for what it is with all of its ups and down and it's still one of my favorite shows to this day.
Jul 16, 4:16 PM
Dec 2022
Greenness said:
Yozarou said:

Theres no reboot in start of r2 and I never understand why anyone things this as reboot implies repeating the same events which isnt at all the case. The change in timeslot resulted in minor changes to actual story aka which point they start back from the major changes everyone mistakenly thinks occurs actually is towards the coloring and lighting in the show via timeslot for certain audience S2 did not setup many things besides the ending as creators stated, the only part they changed was Lelouch being still locked up in prison or not.
Jul 16, 4:16 PM

Oct 2023
Yesssssssss I agree
Jul 16, 4:17 PM
Dec 2022
Ghost_Davo said:
Greenness said:

Not it isnt better than what we got lol, if u really wanna see it be used go watch active raid where director actually uses it in. R2 presents one of the best timeskip introductions both thematically and narratively but to each their own ig.
Jul 16, 4:39 PM
Sep 2022
itzswxzy said:
Greenness said:

Theres no reboot in start of r2 and I never understand why anyone things this as reboot implies repeating the same events which isnt at all the case. The change in timeslot resulted in minor changes to actual story aka which point they start back from the major changes everyone mistakenly thinks occurs actually is towards the coloring and lighting in the show via timeslot for certain audience S2 did not setup many things besides the ending as creators stated, the only part they changed was Lelouch being still locked up in prison or not.

Well as I mentioned it's a 'soft' reboot, it still acts as a sequel of course but to welcome new audiences into the show as well, It wasn't just Lelouch being imprisoned that was changed, Rolo was added, the knights of the round, etc, if you want to get deep into it there were many other changes that Okouchi listed during interviews:
https://mononoke-no-ko.tumblr.com/post/181136723714/writer-okouchi-geass-memories-on-writing-early
A presidential election between Schnizel and Zero, Suzaku using Refrain instead of Lelouch, and many other things, what we got is what we got at the end of the day, and I am happy with a lot of it, even still, I am left wondering what route the story would've taken had those initial plans been concieved.
Jul 16, 5:36 PM
Jan 2023
I haven't seen the show in a while but the one ep/scene that has stuck with me is when lelouch accidentally uses his Geass on euphy and end up having to stop her himself
Jul 16, 10:14 PM
Aug 2018
Definitely not. Lmao
Jul 16, 10:38 PM
May 2021
imo lelouch killing Charles is the best episode. dk which one that is
Jul 17, 12:51 AM
Nov 2022
How is episode 25 even remotely as good as 50?
Jul 17, 1:22 AM
Jun 2021
Season 1 > Season 2. I don't like Suzaku.
Jul 17, 4:35 AM
Dec 2023
It's been so long since I watched code geass that i don't really remember what happened at the end of season 1. If I had to say anything on this discussion then I'll go for ep 50. Simply because it was the best ending. Ep 25 (as far as I remember) had a cliffhanger end while ep 50 had a ending that tied up all the plot points perfectly.
Jul 17, 5:46 AM
May 2017
Kashiv_97 said:
Season 1 > Season 2. I don't like Suzaku.

But episode 50 is still better than 25 lol
Jul 17, 9:39 AM
Dec 2022
Greenness said:
itzswxzy said:

Well as I mentioned it's a 'soft' reboot, it still acts as a sequel of course but to welcome new audiences into the show as well, It wasn't just Lelouch being imprisoned that was changed, Rolo was added, the knights of the round, etc, if you want to get deep into it there were many other changes that Okouchi listed during interviews:
https://mononoke-no-ko.tumblr.com/post/181136723714/writer-okouchi-geass-memories-on-writing-early
A presidential election between Schnizel and Zero, Suzaku using Refrain instead of Lelouch, and many other things, what we got is what we got at the end of the day, and I am happy with a lot of it, even still, I am left wondering what route the story would've taken had those initial plans been concieved.

Lelouch being imprisoned is pretty much the only change he made feom the original script. The link u sent is him talking about his brainstorming up new ideas which why he mentioned never created characters to be introduced. Ye I agree overall it came to the best and most perfect way possible to reintroduce the series to new people for them to start it from the actual start while also keeping up with the former audience.
Jul 17, 3:14 PM
Nov 2019
i remember watching this anime cuz i was soo hooked on to its thought provoking story and now i don't remember any of it
Jul 18, 2:00 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to itzswxzy
Greenness said:
itzswxzy said:

Lelouch being imprisoned is pretty much the only change he made feom the original script. The link u sent is him talking about his brainstorming up new ideas which why he mentioned never created characters to be introduced. Ye I agree overall it came to the best and most perfect way possible to reintroduce the series to new people for them to start it from the actual start while also keeping up with the former audience.
@itzswxzy I don't really see what differentiates Lelouch's imprisonment plot from the other ideas mentioned in that thread regarding brainstorming, they were all brainstormed at the end of the day, that's part of the story writing process, it's also fair to assume that the soft reboot had the knock off effect of changing the entire course of the story, especially considering a character like Rolo for example only exists because of that reason, going from Lelouch being in prison to him losing his memory is a pretty big change, it had to alter other elements of the story as well, I think it's naive to assume otherwise personally.
Jul 18, 9:32 AM
Dec 2022
Greenness said:
@itzswxzy I don't really see what differentiates Lelouch's imprisonment plot from the other ideas mentioned in that thread regarding brainstorming, they were all brainstormed at the end of the day, that's part of the story writing process, it's also fair to assume that the soft reboot had the knock off effect of changing the entire course of the story, especially considering a character like Rolo for example only exists because of that reason, going from Lelouch being in prison to him losing his memory is a pretty big change, it had to alter other elements of the story as well, I think it's naive to assume otherwise personally.

Mah him losing his memory is the only part they mentioned wasnt changed. Its not a big change nor soft reboot that knocked off the course of the story
Jul 18, 11:19 AM
Dec 2020
LilChow said:
Lets not do this to this show, its a great show 1-50👍🤝

Bro forgot about the cat episode.
Jul 20, 10:14 PM
Sep 2022
I love the whole show, but the finale episode Re; (50) is one of my 3 favorite anime episodes of all time. The only episodes that are on par with it are Violet Evergarden Ep. 10 and Vinland Saga S1 finale.
Jul 21, 12:07 PM
Aug 2021
S2 ending is really dumb. I've no idea why people say it's so amazing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

179 by Vaixen »»
Yesterday, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

283 by leGadi »»
Yesterday, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crystal - Mar 22, 2007

396 by Malak373 »»
Jul 20, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xinil - Feb 6, 2007

195 by Jobn_Bibblbe »»
Jul 16, 1:39 PM

» Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aokaado - Dec 25, 2006

135 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 11, 4:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.