Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 28, 10:23 PM

Aug 2020
Hey all,

I have decided to check out the illustrious FLCL. I am currently on episode 2 and it's going great so far. i noticed there are some sequels and side stories, like progressive, alternative, shoegaze, and Grunge. I wanted to know what exactly they are? Do they pertain to the main story? Why are they so lowly rated on here? And if they are worth watching in the first place?

Thanks for any clarification and remember to not include any spoilers!!!
"Bro, if you set your mind to it. You can jack off to anything."
☆☆☆☆☆
Apr 28, 11:21 PM

Jun 2021
They are not connected to the main story and are also not worth watching.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Apr 29, 2:16 AM

Sep 2016
TheSunLife said:
i noticed there are some sequels and side stories, like progressive, alternative, shoegaze, and Grunge. I wanted to know what exactly they are?

They are kind of like anthology series, because they have separate stories, but they are connected by certain characters such as Haruko or Kana.
Chronologically FLCL Grunge happens before the original, whereas FLCL Progressive, Alternative and Shoegaze happen afterwards in this order.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 29, 2:18 AM

Nov 2019
"Why are they so lowly rated on here?"

Bland character design and generic animation; however, I loved the animation of FLCL Progressive Episode 5 because the art style entirely shifted to a sketch style of animation. The alternative is good though, but nowhere near as good as the original. Grunge and shoegaze are still in my plan to watch list.

More topics from this board

» Anime with older characters

hungry_rat - 9 minutes ago

0 by hungry_rat »»
9 minutes ago

» Chinese anime recommendation

NaTsu879 - 2 hours ago

0 by NaTsu879 »»
2 hours ago

» can you recommend me an anime i havent watched?

berkcan4you - May 3

13 by Scyfher »»
4 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

12 by Scyfher »»
4 hours ago

» Real Robot Anime

PlasticRobot - May 13

16 by Scyfher »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.