Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 25, 1:03 PM

Nov 2021
I didn't have anything to watch so started watching this today and realised something.I don't know the exact reason but from the rating I can see s2 ain't good so naturally the better option would be to read the manga.But the thing is I don't read manga.

So what is the best thing to do ? Watch the second season or leave it at the first season for what it is...
SaphhhMar 27, 8:50 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 1:08 PM

Sep 2016
Read the manga, S2 skipped too much stuff.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 25, 1:13 PM

Nov 2020
Bruh what. Just man up and read the fuckin manga. It’s not that hard
Mar 25, 1:19 PM
Jan 2021
I’m not a huge manga reader either. If you don’t want to waste your time, just stop at S1. If you’re too curious, just watch like till episode 4 of S2 and you’ll understand why.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 25, 1:24 PM
Nov 2020
either stop at s1 or read manga
do NOT watch s2
Mar 25, 1:28 PM
Jan 2021
I just stopped after season 1.
I might read the manga at some point, but for me long enough had passed between seasons that when I heard it was ass I was able to just leave it aloneπŸ˜‚ If you think you can read the manga that would probably satisfy you the most though
Mar 25, 1:55 PM
Oct 2022
Tbh, i genuinely enjoyed watching season 2. Even though it felt like some info was missing, the ending made me happy, so I liked it 🀷🏻‍♀️
Mar 25, 1:58 PM

Apr 2020
Why don't you just watch it and make up your own mind, instead of relying on random peoples opinions for everything?^^
Mar 25, 3:10 PM
Sep 2023
deff read manga its so much better there are arcs as good as the first season
Mar 25, 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
Honestly, it doesn't matter at all, because the first season is incredible even as a standalone.

Read spoilers/summary if you want to know more without reading the manga. Don't watch S2.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 25, 3:22 PM

Jul 2019
Well, if you don't read manga... pass through your whole life not knowing how this story ends it's a possibility
                                                        "𝐼 π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘€π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘‘π‘œ π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ β„Žπ‘–π‘š π‘šπ‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘›π‘¦π‘œπ‘›π‘’ 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒..."

Mar 25, 4:30 PM
Dec 2020
„i dont read manga“ yep thats a dilemma
Mar 25, 4:32 PM
Dec 2020
i stopped after season 1 btw. it was still a more or less satisfying ending for me
Mar 25, 4:39 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to keinboesewicht
„i dont read manga“ yep thats a dilemma
@keinboesewicht

Well, it's a preference.

Don't know about you but I can tolerate and understand people having preferences. It's much easier than tolerating/understanding people who think reading Manga is making them superior in any form, compared to other people. :)
Mar 25, 4:53 PM
Dec 2020
Merve2Love said:
@keinboesewicht

Well, it's a preference.

Don't know about you but I can tolerate and understand people having preferences. It's much easier than tolerating/understanding people who think reading Manga is making them superior in any form, compared to other people. :)

i dont know who youre talking about. i literally just made a joke
Mar 25, 5:03 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to keinboesewicht
Merve2Love said:
@keinboesewicht

Well, it's a preference.

i dont know who youre talking about. i literally just made a joke
@keinboesewicht

Actually...You used the word "literally" there.... Now if I were someone who reads a lot and/or someone who understands what this word means I would argue: No, you didn't. You made a matter of fact, but condescending remark - literally speaking.

But, oh well, you were just joking. Got ya^^
Mar 25, 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
Anything but watch the 2nd season
Mar 25, 5:15 PM
Jan 2020
You have to stop being a b**** and choose one of these options:

1: watch only S1 and pretend the kids got away for good
2: watch the controversial S2 (I didn’t)
3: read the manga (I didn’t)
Mar 25, 5:30 PM
Mar 2024
Saphhh said:
I didn't have anything to watch so started watching this today and realised something.I don't know the exact reason but from the rating I can see s2 is shit so naturally the better option would be to read the manga but the thing is I don't read manga so what should I do after completing the s1 ? Just watch the s2 for what it is or leave it at season 1 for what it is...

I think the best option is to watch the anime, but only the first season, because the second season is very bad, if you really liked it a lot you could start reading the manga or just stay with the first season. But if you want to watch some anime with a good plot, I recommend you watch tengoku daimakyou
Mar 25, 6:35 PM
Oct 2022
Saphhh said:
I didn't have anything to watch so started watching this today and realised something.I don't know the exact reason but from the rating I can see s2 is shit so naturally the better option would be to read the manga but the thing is I don't read manga so what should I do after completing the s1 ? Just watch the s2 for what it is or leave it at season 1 for what it is...

You have two options :

-Read the manga and don't watch S2 and forget about it. (recommended)

-Watch S2 and then read the manga and you will realise your mistake and understand why season 2 is rated 5. (not recommended)
Mar 25, 7:27 PM
Dec 2020
The manga is literally a masterpiece of fiction and if you don’t want to miss out on whole arcs of plot, and like 20 crucial characters (one of which became my favorite of the story and he’s not in the anime at all), you should definitely read it. The characters they did include in S2 are done half assed and nowhere near as developed and powerful as they are shown in the manga. It won’t take you long either, I think after season 1 you’d only have 15-16 volumes to read. There’s plenty of websites to read it for free on as well. The anime starts season 2 off skipping like 10 volumes from the end of 1.
Mar 25, 7:32 PM
Oct 2022
Season 2 doesn't exist. Treat it like a 1 season anime.
Mar 25, 8:01 PM

Oct 2014
The story sucks after season 1 and even the manga.
It's Morbin' Time!
Mar 25, 8:13 PM

Apr 2016
why don't you read manga? is it against your beliefs?
Mar 25, 10:01 PM
Aug 2021
watch season 1, give season 2 a chance. go in knowing that a lot is being skipped. if that bothers you. pull up the manga and just read a few pages. if you find yourself reading more then a few pages, keep reading. enjoy it. if you find yourself skipping or skimming pages or if you find it boring to read, then don't read it. not worth the effort if no entertainment. go back and try season 2. enjoy it the best you can or drop it. if you drop it, find another anime to fill the void, repeat process with new anime.
Mar 25, 10:47 PM

Nov 2021
Kampos said:
why don't you read manga? is it against your beliefs?

Nah lol
I just don't really like reading that's all nothing complicated.
Mar 25, 10:48 PM

Nov 2021
Alinist said:
Saphhh said:

You have two options :

-Read the manga and don't watch S2 and forget about it. (recommended)

-Watch S2 and then read the manga and you will realise your mistake and understand why season 2 is rated 5. (not recommended)

I took the third option.
Binged watched season 1 and read the summary of what happens after they escape till the end of the manga.
Mar 25, 10:59 PM

May 2021
I can't speak on the manga as I haven't read it but I ended up in the ship of: Watched season 1 and stopped.

Just throwing that out there. Not saying you should do the same but that is where I found myself. I also watched season 1 around the same time it was airing so it was rather easy to not catch season 2.
Mar 25, 11:01 PM

Nov 2021
Horizon248 said:
I can't speak on the manga as I haven't read it but I ended up in the ship of: Watched season 1 and stopped.

Just throwing that out there. Not saying you should do the same but that is where I found myself. I also watched season 1 around the same time it was airing so it was rather easy to not catch season 2.

I have done the same tbh.Finished watching s1 after making this post and just read up a good summary of what happens after they get out and what happens at the end of the manga.
Mar 25, 11:01 PM

Jun 2020
Just read a summary TBH. The quality of the manga decreases over time as well, season 2 just speedran to the shitty parts.
Mar 25, 11:57 PM
Dec 2020
Merve2Love said:
@keinboesewicht

Actually...You used the word "literally" there.... Now if I were someone who reads a lot and/or someone who understands what this word means I would argue: No, you didn't. You made a matter of fact, but condescending remark - literally speaking.

But, oh well, you were just joking. Got ya^^

you make a whole lot of assumptions. listen, if the joke flew over your head thats ok, it wasnt meant for you. no need to feel offended
Mar 26, 1:05 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Cheggeronis said:
Bruh what. Just man up and read the fuckin manga. It’s not that hard

wdym man up
what is this comment πŸ’€

OP is just looking for some advice lol

but yes read the manga after S1!!
Mar 26, 1:25 AM
Aug 2023
me personally i continued to watch season 2 to see how awful it was

you could give it a try but drop it if you’re really not feeling it - read the manga afterward as it covers way more plot points that were cut from the anime adaptation
Mar 26, 3:19 AM
May 2020
Don’t listen to these gatekeepers. I watched S2 and then read the manga. The review bombs are from people who finished before the anime’s end. Albeit, yes it was disappointing that they skipped a key arc in the anime so it ended up being rushed. It goes without saying anytime you view media in more than one format you’re bound to find some disappointment. So if you’re not a manga reader, just finish the show if you’re enjoying it.
Mar 26, 4:54 AM
Jun 2022
I’d say just watch season 2 just to see what happens, if you are still not interested then just skip through it or look at spoilers.
Mar 26, 5:04 AM
Mar 2024
season 2 is kinda boring
Mar 26, 5:37 AM
Oct 2022
DO NOT by ANY MEANS watch season 2
Mar 26, 7:04 AM
Jan 2021
Saphhh said:

Watch season 1 and then read the manga, you won’t regret it and it’ll be a new experience for someone like you who doesn’t particularly read manga
Mar 26, 7:06 AM
Jan 2021
Merve2Love said:
Why don't you just watch it and make up your own mind, instead of relying on random peoples opinions for everything?^^

Yo dumbass, can they not ask for help ? Stop being toxic
Mar 26, 7:09 AM
May 2021
Horizon248 said:

read the manga, u will not be disappointed really, I ended buy the rest of the manga because they had not the full volumes in my library. Just to say this is an incredible manga to read.
Mar 26, 7:36 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to M0_SAMA_
Merve2Love said:

Yo dumbass, can they not ask for help ? Stop being toxic
@M0_SAMA_

They can. Nobody said that they can't :)
Mar 26, 8:34 AM

Aug 2015
Saphhh said:

Just read the manga. Just pick up at chapter 35, and you should be fine. If you're in the US, you can read the official translation on Viz's website.
Controversial opinions
Mar 26, 9:51 AM
Aug 2021
I read the manga, but season 1 is peak, and it's all downhill from there imo
Mar 26, 6:47 PM
May 2023
Saphhh said:

Never listen to the crowd, decide on your own. You’ll rarely find a movie/book adaptation that is an 100 percent accurate version of the project.
Mar 27, 12:01 PM
Oct 2018
I don't read manga much either, if you stop at S1 of this it feels like a complete story anyway. you don't have to read on.
Mar 27, 12:03 PM
Dec 2019
Such a shame it didn’t get a season 2
Mar 29, 3:26 AM
Sep 2023
I'm one of those people who watched season 1 as it came out so I was pretty darn excited for season 2 and then... season 2 happened. so since I didn't read the manga beforehand and season 2 just ruined the experience and the story for me, I decided to wait for awhile until season 2 fades from my memory entirely before reading the manga.
Mar 29, 10:19 AM
Oct 2019
Either read the manga, or stop watching. The only reason to watch season two is if you want to see the train wreck yourself.

TPN season two is near universally hated because they abandoned the most popular characters and arcs and crammed the rest of the story (multiple arcs) into a single, short season of anime.
Mar 29, 10:20 AM
Oct 2019
Merve2Love said:

I mean, a season of anime isn’t something you watch in a few minutes. It’s a time sink, and it’s perfectly valid to not want to waste your time.
Mar 29, 10:28 AM

Apr 2020
JoshuaSwart said:
Merve2Love said:

I mean, a season of anime isn’t something you watch in a few minutes. It’s a time sink, and it’s perfectly valid to not want to waste your time.

You‘re implying that:

1. You need 12-13 Episodes to form an opinion

And

2. I was discussing the validity of things

Both not true. Im sorry.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

280 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 12, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.