Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 23, 8:11 PM
Apr 2021
I'm very sad about the change in director, he was very good, even with a rushed adaptation he managed to deliver something incredible, There were also many wonderful ideas like the end of episode 15 of S1, or the length of the extended episodes.

Another loss was the character designer, who some don't know was the light novel's illustrator, I really never thought he would leave the project.

The only positive point that I could see was that the author is the project supervisor.

Edit: Sorry, I got confused about the designer, it's not the same as the original, I'm sorry.

Here's what the old direct did according to ANN:Masaharu WATANABE
渡邊 政治
Family name (in kanji): 渡邊
Given name (in kanji): 政治
Also known as:
Gorou Sessha

Here's what the new direct did according to ANN: Masahiro SHINOHARA
篠原 正寛
Family name (in kanji): 篠原
Given name (in kanji): 正寛
1000-MATMar 24, 5:03 AM
Mar 23, 8:18 PM

Jan 2019
The direction in Season 3 Trailer is much better than in Season 1-2 in terms of action.

Moreover, all 38 episodes of Season 3 contain ten times more action than the first two seasons combined.

Regarding the character designer, the previous one was fraud.

The character designer for the light novel was also fraud.

The new character designer, however, is much better, and the new director appears promising.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Mar 23, 8:20 PM
Aug 2018
? The light novel illustrator has always been different from the anime character designer right?
Mar 23, 8:25 PM

Jun 2021
bro wdym rushed adaptation they literally cut out openings and endings and gave extended episode length so that they could fit more content. idk why you keep saying the character designer was otsuka shinichiro, it literally wasn't.
Mar 23, 9:06 PM

Mar 2021
mohamedo_abuduru said:
bro wdym rushed adaptation they literally cut out openings and endings and gave extended episode length so that they could fit more content. idk why you keep saying the character designer was otsuka shinichiro, it literally wasn't.

I think thr OP meant bad scheduling when they said rushed adaptation. Remember that season 2 came out during the COVID. The team did not have the liberty to work on full throttle at that time due to numerous restrictions and stuff!!
Mar 23, 10:30 PM

Feb 2020
False info here, Ootsuka (light novel's illustrator) wasn't the Character Designer for s1 or s2, Kyuuta Sakai was the character designer for the anime.
Mar 23, 11:00 PM
Mar 2023
I'm soo hyped for this 🥰🥰🥰
Mar 23, 11:25 PM

Mar 2021
Okeanix said:
The direction in Season 3 Trailer is much better than in Season 1-2 in terms of action.

Moreover, all 38 episodes of Season 3 contain ten times more action than the first two seasons combined.

The new character designer, however, is much better, and the new director appears promising.

How do you know season 3 has 38 episodes btw?

was it revealed somewhere I missed?
Mar 23, 11:28 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to KruxKnight
Okeanix said:

How do you know season 3 has 38 episodes btw?

was it revealed somewhere I missed?
@KruxKnight nah he's just stupid, there's no official confirmation of anything yet, just leaks
Mar 24, 5:05 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to mawawile
? The light novel illustrator has always been different from the anime character designer right?
@bpcrash Sorry I got confused at the time, I checked
Mar 24, 5:46 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to mohamedo_abuduru
@KruxKnight nah he's just stupid, there's no official confirmation of anything yet, just leaks
@mohamedo_abuduru 3-Cours (36-39 ep) is pretty much guaranteed. If you can't see even that obvious fact, how do you like Re:Zero?
Mar 24, 6:08 AM
Mar 2018
Reply to Okeanix

@Okeanix Can you elaborate on "Regarding the character designer, the previous one was fraud. The character designer for the light novel was also fraud." ? I don't know exactly what responsibilities a character designer covers, but I was big fan of the illustration in the previous two seasons.
Mar 24, 6:12 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to sucralose_
@Okeanix Can you elaborate on "Regarding the character designer, the previous one was fraud. The character designer for the light novel was also fraud." ? I don't know exactly what responsibilities a character designer covers, but I was big fan of the illustration in the previous two seasons.
@sucralose_

The previous anime character designer didn't shade the characters and mocked us.

The light novel character designer isn't a bad designer, but some of his designs are trash. Additionally, he has a fetish for sexualized lolis; in the novel, there are two loli who wear revealing bikinis, which were censored in the anime adaptation.

More topics from this board

» There will be a Season 3 Part 2 / Season 4. ( 1 2 )

Okeanix - Sep 6

50 by Profat »»
Yesterday, 11:57 AM

» Subaru's mom is the Witch of Envy (Crazy Fan Theory)

CautiousShadow - Sep 12

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 20, 7:22 AM

Poll: » About FAL "Fantasy Anime League" Fall 2024

AbhinavAnge - Sep 16

14 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
Sep 19, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Novel readers, do you hate Liliana?

0451 - Sep 16

11 by Okeanix »»
Sep 18, 1:34 PM

» What is the reason you're (still) watching Re:Zero? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Mar 27

97 by WataryAndrian »»
Sep 18, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.