Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 18, 12:41 PM
Mar 2022
It baffles me that people actually think Momonga/Ainz is trapped in Yggdrasil game or got trapped in a new npc world. It's like they watched the show with their eyes closed. Ainz and his guild base got transported to another world. This world has nothing to do with the game and this world is very much real. like how Konosuba's, ReZero's, Tanya the Evil's worlds are. The reason that this other world has Yggdrasil items and magic is a spoiler but its not because the world is somehow a game or something dumb like that. It is a very real functioning fleshed out reality, that Ainz and his guild base have been transported too. Episode 1 and 2 do poorly convey the fact he got transported, but if you knew how to read, on multiple occasions Ainz says he's in another world. Hell, even using common sense and watching more than 2 episodes you would be able to know this fact. Yet majority of the people that watch this anime think its he's stuck/trapped in a game.
arc1onlyMar 18, 2:27 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 1:30 PM
Mar 2021
Still bad isekai but thanks for the info i guess.
Mar 18, 1:45 PM
Apr 2021
Well yeah it’s been said that since season 1 bro we already know this💀
Mar 18, 2:10 PM
Jul 2022
What is this a ep 1 synopsis
Mar 18, 2:12 PM
Aug 2021
Loayza said:

nobody asked about your opinion on if its bad or not.
Mar 18, 2:15 PM
Mar 2021
SuntProstMare said:
Loayza said:

nobody asked about your opinion on if its bad or not.

No one asked him either, nor did anyone ask you to answer, yet here we all are writing. I was just joking anyway lol
Mar 18, 2:22 PM
Jun 2023
arc1only said:
It baffles me that people actually think Momonga/Ainz is trapped in Yggdrasil game or got trapped in a new npc world. It's like they watched the show with their eyes closed. Ainz and his guild base got transported to another world. This world has nothing to do with the game and this world is very much real. like how Konosuba's, ReZero's, Tanya the Evil's worlds are. The reason that this other world has Yggdrasil items and magic is a spoiler but its not because the world is somehow a game or something dumb like that. It is a very real functioning fleshed out reality, that Ainz and his guild base have been transported too. Episode 1 and 2 do poorly convey the fact he got transported, but if you knew how to read, on multiple occasions Ainz says he's in another world. Hell, even using common sense and watching more than 2 episodes you would be able to know this fact. Yet majority of the people that watch this anime think its he's stuck/trapped in a game.

well it is possible ( fantasy) and they got transported not in game but their whole game kingdoms did to another word and mc also changed something like fls fealing and what not ,what is there to not know about???
Mar 18, 2:25 PM

Apr 2023
When did the trend of video game/VR isekai start anyways? Was it Sword Art Online or was there something before that?
Mar 18, 2:30 PM
Mar 2022
Loayza said:

this is definitely my favorite anime besides Made in abyss. I can't blame you though, the anime is a extemely poor adaptation of the incredible Light Novels. it sucks that if it got the Frieren treatment It would have been most definitely way better for so many more people. the novels are some of the best peices of fiction I've ever read.
Mar 18, 2:30 PM
Oct 2021
arc1only said:

Huh it’s almost like episode 1 told us this
Mar 18, 2:31 PM
Mar 2022
Superninjaboy2 said:
arc1only said:

Huh it’s almost like episode 1 told us this

it's almost like people are dumb don't realize this unfortunately
Mar 18, 2:33 PM
Mar 2022
asschewer said:
When did the trend of video game/VR isekai start anyways? Was it Sword Art Online or was there something before that?

since the 2000s even before that. isn't the first game trapped anime called "Hack.sign" or sum like that
Mar 18, 3:03 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to arc1only
asschewer said:

since the 2000s even before that. isn't the first game trapped anime called "Hack.sign" or sum like that
@arc1only Thanks for that bit of history. I played one of the early //hack games but never realized this was a thing before 2010 or so.
Mar 18, 3:09 PM
Apr 2023
arc1only said:

i see, so he died irl and got isekaid or how?
Mar 18, 3:44 PM
Mar 2022
arc1only said:

Still one of the best Isekai💜
🐉
Mar 18, 5:12 PM

Mar 2013
this is one of my favourite isekai series but... posting something so obvious... huh, I was hoping for a sequel announcement, unfortunately, it was not.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 18, 8:06 PM
Feb 2021
I had assumed it was a game world and that slime guy logged out of it. Also assumed that the usage of "I'm in another world now" meant "I'm not on Earth in Japan right now playing my video game, rather a world that looks and operated close to the game I'm dedicated to" but eh. It's possible to still enjoy something without knowing every possible thing about it. My view can be wrong, but is it really wrong if it's the view I believe? Great topic, I enjoyed reading everyone's input here!
Mar 18, 8:32 PM

Sep 2021
overlord? more like fkn overrated ASF
Mar 18, 9:15 PM
Oct 2020
Furuhashi1 said:
overlord? more like fkn overrated ASF

Overrated? More like overhated, seriously, the amount of people discarding it as just a generic op MC is wild, the characters, the world building, the story, everything is so much better than most isekai's
Mar 18, 11:23 PM
Dec 2023
Loayza said:

It's okay if you don't have a good taste in isekai. I would highly recommend going back and think about your life : )
Mar 19, 12:07 AM
Oct 2020
Loayza said:

I just want to say, I like this anime, and I like this comment.

edit: respect for the way you handle the no one asked comment, this is the right way of thinking.
Old_GregguMar 19, 12:11 AM
Mar 19, 1:15 AM
Jun 2017
Loayza said:

"overload bad isekai"
-said no one ever
Mar 19, 6:27 AM
Mar 2022
CrazyButNot4U said:
this is one of my favourite isekai series but... posting something so obvious... huh, I was hoping for a sequel announcement, unfortunately, it was not.

season 5 won't be until another 4 years my guy. there is a Movie though coming out this year. adapting the Sacred Kingdomn Arc. also "posting something so obvious" it's crazy how oblivious people are
Mar 19, 8:12 AM
Feb 2022
Loayza said:

Excuse you mate your opinion is non relevant.
Mar 19, 9:52 AM
Nov 2019
KINDRA_CHAMP said:
arc1only said:

Read the LN/WN.
Dragon Lords summon rare items from other dimensions. But world items are either in a player's inventory or a guild' treasure room. So they ended up summoning players/guilds.
Mar 19, 2:05 PM

Apr 2020
Cause the Setting is so unbelieveable stereotypical that this conclusion doesn’t sound too crazy.
Mar 19, 2:26 PM
Sep 2021
no shit most of the transported into a video game or novel stories are actually other worlds
Mar 19, 6:22 PM
Aug 2023
because in episode 1 of Overlord season 1 when the mc waits for the game to shut down at midnight it ends up being the opposite and can't log out of the game yes its probably no longer a game in the real world but since he waited for the shutdown to happen and didn't log out before the shutdown happened he's trapped in a dead game
Mar 19, 6:31 PM
Aug 2023
donovaneme89 said:
because in episode 1 of Overlord season 1 when the mc waits for the game to shut down at midnight it ends up being the opposite and can't log out of the game yes its probably no longer a game in the real world but since he waited for the shutdown to happen and didn't log out before the shutdown happened he's trapped in a dead game

and what you say might be a theory since he never died and reincarnated he died in the physical world due to being trapped in the game as his character from the game shutdown and I don't believe there is any players like him left in the world of the game because they probably left before the shutdown happened is it possible they die and get reincarnated in the world the mc is in nope so instead of it being a istekai it's fair to say this is a RPG anime
Mar 19, 7:19 PM
Aug 2018
Because the MC is literally trapped inside a "videogame".

The real world doesn't have game menus you can see that are identical to Yggdrasil.
So that's a videogame-like world with Yggdrasil mechanics.
Mar 19, 8:05 PM

Jan 2013
Wait. I thought the video game world became real, essentially. They're in a completely different world than the video game took place in?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 19, 8:29 PM
Feb 2022
arc1only said:

Terrible take. He technically is trapped in a video game, but everything is sentient and has its own mind. More like No Game No Life than anything else
Mar 19, 8:35 PM
Mar 2022
Buttanuggets said:
arc1only said:

Terrible take. He technically is trapped in a video game, but everything is sentient and has its own mind. More like No Game No Life than anything else

bro please stop saying braindead lies. I know your most likely a bait account but cmon bro do something more productive wit yo time 😭. or atleast go read all 16 current volumes of overlord
Mar 19, 8:39 PM
Feb 2022
arc1only said:
Buttanuggets said:

bro please stop saying braindead lies. I know your most likely a bait account but cmon bro do something more productive wit yo time 😭. or atleast go read all 16 current volumes of overlord

No because I have a life and I’m not a dork that’s gonna say “go read 16 volumes of this manga 🤓” I’m saying how it is portrayed in the anime because this is an ANIME forum post. Not the manga or LN.
Mar 19, 8:44 PM
Mar 2022
Buttanuggets said:
arc1only said:

No because I have a life and I’m not a dork that’s gonna say “go read 16 volumes of this manga 🤓” I’m saying how it is portrayed in the anime because this is an ANIME forum post. Not the manga or LN.

dude this might sound crazy to you, but guess what. the anime follows and adapts the source material (light novel), dipshit. its also stated in the anime. nobody is a fucking npc with sentience besides Nazarick. it got transported to a real fantasy world. if you would not watch while on your phone the entire show you would know that. yet you've only seen episode 1 and 2 and think you the know the show, spewing some fanfic that "he's stuck in the game world like SAO 🤓☝️" not sure why your so adamant on your personalized fanfic. not sure what else I can tell you man, go ask anyone in the overlord fandom reddit, or hell go to the OVERLORD fandom wiki.
arc1onlyMar 19, 8:47 PM
Mar 19, 8:48 PM
Feb 2022
arc1only said:
Buttanuggets said:

dude this might sound crazy to you, but guess what. the anime follows and adapts the source material (light novel), dipshit. its also stated in the anime. nobody is a fucking npc with sentience besides Nazarick. it got transported to a real fantasy world. if you would not watch while on your phone the entire show you would know that. yet you've only seen episode 1 and 2 and think you the know the show, spewing some fanfic that "he's stuck in the game world like SAO 🤓☝️" not sure why your so adamant on your personalized fanfic. not sure what else I can tell you man, go ask anyone in the overlord fandom reddit, or hell go to the OVERLORD fandom wiki.

Never once said SAO, in fact I said the only anime that is almost identical 🤣. But go off 🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️
Mar 19, 8:50 PM
Mar 2022
Buttanuggets said:
arc1only said:

dawg really said "I have a life I'm not a dork 🤓☝️" like some corny ass 90s kid. stop wit the projecting shit. you are on a myanimelist.net app keeping track of anime you watch ☠️
Mar 19, 8:52 PM
Feb 2022
arc1only said:
Buttanuggets said:

dawg really said "I have a life I'm not a dork 🤓☝️" like some corny ass 90s kid. stop wit the projecting shit. you are on a myanimelist.net app keeping track of anime you watch ☠️

“Here for keeping track of anime that I watch and rating them”
Mar 19, 8:52 PM
Mar 2022
Buttanuggets said:
arc1only said:

man's thinks No Game No Life is a trapped In video game anime 😭 oh naw bro now u just spouting dumb shit. it is another world they got sent to, this world functions based on rules that exist. just like how our world does. these other world rules are different. ngl man I think your media literacy is cooked
Mar 19, 8:53 PM
Mar 2022
Buttanuggets said:
arc1only said:

“Here for keeping track of anime that I watch and rating them”

when did I say I don't keep track of anime ? I'm just calling yo cornball ass out because you tryna say sum shit like "I got a life I'm not a dork" when you on myanimelist.net ☠️
Mar 19, 9:09 PM
Mar 2022
_otaku_man00 said:
arc1only said:

well it is possible ( fantasy) and they got transported not in game but their whole game kingdoms did to another word and mc also changed something like fls fealing and what not ,what is there to not know about???

that's what I said, Ainz and his guild base got sent to another world. unrelated to the game
Mar 19, 9:10 PM
Mar 2022
KINDRA_CHAMP said:
arc1only said:

his consciousness went along with his game character and guild base to another world. it's safe to assume his body in his world is a rotting corpse.
Mar 19, 9:24 PM
Mar 2022
SafeEntity said:

The real world doesn't have game menus you can see that are identical to Yggdrasil.

dawg what are you on about 😭. the only visible menu huds in the story are the functioning ones in nazarick. this might sound crazy to you, but the guild base and NPCs became reality when they got transported to another world along with Ainz. crazy right ? new information for you. the mc is not trapped in a video game at all. the Dragon Emperor summoned world items from another universe and accidently summoned players along with them, or sometimes guilds. the world has nothing to do with the game anymore. I'm just going to say more spoilers because somehow after reading my original comment you still think he's stuck In a video game like SAO. Yggdrasil players have been summoned to this world by "the Dragon Emperor" his ass didn't know what a game was and just saw that there was some powerful items jn another universe, he then summoned said items. those items sometimes brought players with them, and guild bases aswell. and they became reality post transportation. the human race was on the brinc of extension in the world, but with the help of 6 Yggdrasil players, they grew. that nation became the Slane Theocracy and they worship the "six great gods" who were the 6 players. obviously they think they are God's, because they don't know what a fucking video game is because this is a medieval world. it's like going back in time in our world back to medieval times and trying to get them to understand technology. they'll barely understand it. anyway, these 6 great gods used a world item and changed how magic functions in this world to make it based on a tier system like how the magic system was in Yggdrasil. this made it so Dragon lords could no longer be born with Wild Magic (Dragon Lord magic) so the powerful dragon lords slowly died out and there's more false Dragon Lords. the reason they are called "False" is because they can't use wild magic. only TRUE Dragon Lords can use Wild Magic. Platinum Dragon Lord (from season 4 episode 11) is a True Dragon Lord. he Hates the "puh-layers" because of what they did to his world. and he blames it all on his father, The Dragon Emperor.
Mar 19, 10:00 PM
Jan 2022
OK ainz is a new world not a yggdrasil game because if was a game how can he smell and taste food the is similar to yggdrasil but it's a Reality not game because when ainz is outside of nazarick he doesn't have a menu if was a game he would have one but he doesn't since it's a reality
Mar 20, 6:56 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to arc1only
SafeEntity said:

dawg what are you on about 😭. the only visible menu huds in the story are the functioning ones in nazarick. this might sound crazy to you, but the guild base and NPCs became reality when they got transported to another world along with Ainz. crazy right ? new information for you. the mc is not trapped in a video game at all. the Dragon Emperor summoned world items from another universe and accidently summoned players along with them, or sometimes guilds. the world has nothing to do with the game anymore. I'm just going to say more spoilers because somehow after reading my original comment you still think he's stuck In a video game like SAO. Yggdrasil players have been summoned to this world by "the Dragon Emperor" his ass didn't know what a game was and just saw that there was some powerful items jn another universe, he then summoned said items. those items sometimes brought players with them, and guild bases aswell. and they became reality post transportation. the human race was on the brinc of extension in the world, but with the help of 6 Yggdrasil players, they grew. that nation became the Slane Theocracy and they worship the "six great gods" who were the 6 players. obviously they think they are God's, because they don't know what a fucking video game is because this is a medieval world. it's like going back in time in our world back to medieval times and trying to get them to understand technology. they'll barely understand it. anyway, these 6 great gods used a world item and changed how magic functions in this world to make it based on a tier system like how the magic system was in Yggdrasil. this made it so Dragon lords could no longer be born with Wild Magic (Dragon Lord magic) so the powerful dragon lords slowly died out and there's more false Dragon Lords. the reason they are called "False" is because they can't use wild magic. only TRUE Dragon Lords can use Wild Magic. Platinum Dragon Lord (from season 4 episode 11) is a True Dragon Lord. he Hates the "puh-layers" because of what they did to his world. and he blames it all on his father, The Dragon Emperor.
@arc1only How can you miss the point so badly?
Also, that's a lot of text. Do you need a friend to talk with or something?

Momonga opens info menus inside Nazarick. In world magic is basically the same as the Yggdrasil. Guild mechanics like resurrection still work.
Still, you say it's not a video-game like world.

If the Yggdrasil game became reality in a fashion similar to a lot of isekai, it would be only slightly different from what Overlord is. So, it's okay for people to confuse it, and it matters literally 0% on how you perceive the anime.
Mar 20, 7:04 PM
Mar 2022
SafeEntity said:

Momonga opens info menus inside Nazarick. In world magic is basically the same as the Yggdrasil. Guild mechanics like resurrection still work.

If the Yggdrasil game became reality in a fashion similar to a lot of isekai, it would be only slightly different from what Overlord is. So, it's okay for people to confuse it, and it matters literally 0% on how you perceive the anime.

nah it just baffles me how people can watch sum and have 0 media literacy or understand absolutely nothing. at the point try getting them to watch some cartoons with simple story lines and they can build up their critical thinking skills from there. end of the day this show ain't like SAO whatsoever and the mc and his guild base got isekaid to a real world, like ReZero, Konosuba, Mushoku Tensei, Tanya the Evil. you wouldn't call those "trapped in video games" and you wouldn't call Overlord one. it's like like someone watching Attack On Titan and coming to the conclusion it's actually all a video game. stupid right?
Mar 20, 7:10 PM
Mar 2022
SafeEntity said:

""also that's a lot of text" only reason I had to explain cause yo ass couldn't even comprehend that he's not stuck in a video game even after I explained in the original post.
Mar 20, 11:52 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to arc1only
SafeEntity said:

""also that's a lot of text" only reason I had to explain cause yo ass couldn't even comprehend that he's not stuck in a video game even after I explained in the original post.
@arc1only Yes, that's a lot of text. However I can read and understand perfectly what you wrote, despite being a random incoherent tangent unrelated to anything I said.

Differently than you who can't handle the very simple paragraph I wrote. Is your brain malfunctioning?

"ReZero, Konosuba, Mushoku Tensei, Tanya the Evil" That's the examples you set. Did you ever see Tanya pull up menu that shows her party members? Or perhaps Subaru using a haudoken like the games on his world do? Maybe Orsted reviving Rudeus with his pocket change?
Those are all things that Momonga did after being transported into that world.
Instead of barking incoherent nonsense, say something to disprove that Overlord world is a videogame-like world or just don't bother.
And don't backtrack either. My first comment you took issue with said exactly that.
Mar 20, 11:55 PM
Mar 2022
SafeEntity said:
@arc1only Yes, that's a lot of text. However I can read and understand perfectly what you wrote, despite being a random incoherent tangent unrelated to anything I said.

Differently than you who can't handle the very simple paragraph I wrote. Is your brain malfunctioning?

"ReZero, Konosuba, Mushoku Tensei, Tanya the Evil" That's the examples you set. Did you ever see Tanya pull up menu that shows her party members? Or perhaps Subaru using a haudoken like the games on his world do? Maybe Orsted reviving Rudeus with his pocket change?
Instead of barking incoherent nonsense, say something to disprove that Overlord world is a videogame-like world or just don't bother.
And don't backtrack either. My first comment you took issue with said exactly that.

dude, the only video game like things are the NPCs and Nazarick that became reality after being transported. If you bothered reading I'm saying the world around Nazarick is a different and very much real isekai world. the world itself is unrelated to the game. not sure why you find it so hard to believe. Even everyone in this comments are questioning why I'm stating the obvious with this post, the reason is because of you and the few other people who watched the show with their eyes closed. please just go to overlord fandom wiki or just use common sense my guy. Hell you can even go to the OVERLORD subreddit and ask anyone there if Overlord takes place in a video game world. I Brought those examples up so you can fucking understand what an Isekai is. Kazuma Died and got transported to another world, Subaru blinked and somehow transported, Tanya died and got transported, and Nazarick got Isekaid/summoned to another world.
Mar 21, 3:30 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to arc1only
SafeEntity said:

dude, the only video game like things are the NPCs and Nazarick that became reality after being transported. If you bothered reading I'm saying the world around Nazarick is a different and very much real isekai world. the world itself is unrelated to the game. not sure why you find it so hard to believe. Even everyone in this comments are questioning why I'm stating the obvious with this post, the reason is because of you and the few other people who watched the show with their eyes closed. please just go to overlord fandom wiki or just use common sense my guy. Hell you can even go to the OVERLORD subreddit and ask anyone there if Overlord takes place in a video game world. I Brought those examples up so you can fucking understand what an Isekai is. Kazuma Died and got transported to another world, Subaru blinked and somehow transported, Tanya died and got transported, and Nazarick got Isekaid/summoned to another world.
@arc1only You are dense af. You ask me to bother reading the incoherent stuff you write while you are either too indulged in you own stupidity to understand the difference about a videogame world and and a videogame-like world.

I've been hitting what you are getting wrong this whole time and you really have to come over and over and over again and miss the point.
Imagine demanding people to pay attention to you while you can't "decipher" very simple language.

As I said, it looks like you need a friend. A one-sided friendship when you just keep ranting about some topic and don't expect any replies.
I'm done with you. Don't bother me anymore, go to chatgpt and write your rambling for it to read.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

432 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2015

283 by RayousSR »»
Apr 23, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

239 by RayousSR »»
Apr 22, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

368 by mustiest »»
Apr 17, 8:09 PM

» Why do people compare this show to SAO? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Jan 8

58 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 31, 3:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.