Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 10, 3:28 AM
Feb 2016
Hello !

I made this topic because I am quite scared for this season 3 that I've been eagerly waiting for. Both Chikai no Finale and Ensemble Contest have really low number of members, at least on MAL. Overall, movies don't have as many viewers than the seasonal counterpart of a same series, but I wonder if people will pick up again Hibike when they missed her whole 2nd year in the movies ?

I love Hibike (and wish there were some merch...) and I fear this is gonna bomb hard because the main point of hibike is its great characters, which, now the 1st year have left, have been introduced in the movies.
Mar 10, 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
Well, hopefully fans know that and will watch the movies (I don’t get why people skip movies. It’s not like they’re fillers. If you love a series, you should be happy to get new content, right?)
Mar 10, 10:36 PM
Jun 2021
I hope they watch it.. If not, they would be in total confusion and thinking why the anime skip her second year..
Mar 24, 5:30 AM
Apr 2019
Reply to imjayhime
Well, hopefully fans know that and will watch the movies (I don’t get why people skip movies. It’s not like they’re fillers. If you love a series, you should be happy to get new content, right?)
@imjayhime Harder to find probably. Many movies have different licenses from the shows.
Mar 24, 10:06 PM

Aug 2018
I am catching up now so that I can watch this season. I watched season 1 a little while back and I revisited it a bit and I'm on season 2 now. Im loving season 2 a lot rn I would give it even like a 9/10 atm and I am excited to finish the rest. But the thing is I got a slight buzzkill bc I came across people saying the adaptation is rushed later on.

Tbh I can enjoyed flawed anime probably more than most if I am already attached enough. Is it rushed that badly to make me not enjoy it, and does it mess up the set up for season 3? My favorite part about the anime is Kumiko and I also like the s2 second year side characters a lot.
Mar 28, 11:17 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to mawawile
I am catching up now so that I can watch this season. I watched season 1 a little while back and I revisited it a bit and I'm on season 2 now. Im loving season 2 a lot rn I would give it even like a 9/10 atm and I am excited to finish the rest. But the thing is I got a slight buzzkill bc I came across people saying the adaptation is rushed later on.

Tbh I can enjoyed flawed anime probably more than most if I am already attached enough. Is it rushed that badly to make me not enjoy it, and does it mess up the set up for season 3? My favorite part about the anime is Kumiko and I also like the s2 second year side characters a lot.
@bpcrash More than anything it's just a bit disappointing that their whole second year is 2 movies and an hour OVA... it's kinda like watching a recap movie instead of the full season; you know it could have been better with more runtime. It's particularly rough for the new characters, because they just don't have the screen time to let them develop. As for Kumiko, there are multiple important events for her, and you just can't help but wish you could've seen more details
Mar 29, 12:16 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to MiaAyende
@bpcrash More than anything it's just a bit disappointing that their whole second year is 2 movies and an hour OVA... it's kinda like watching a recap movie instead of the full season; you know it could have been better with more runtime. It's particularly rough for the new characters, because they just don't have the screen time to let them develop. As for Kumiko, there are multiple important events for her, and you just can't help but wish you could've seen more details
@MiaAyende Ah damn so it is the movie. Yeah the disappointment seems unavoidable on that one. I'm actually happier to go into it knowing that though versus experiencing it blind.

Im still really excited for Kyoani to be back with the 3rd season though. As long as it can deliver in seasonal fashion and we have Kumiko as our mc.

More topics from this board

» Disco Kid

billybub - Yesterday

1 by LosTakeover »»
Yesterday, 8:32 PM

» How many seasons left?

TheCryBabyHero - Jan 11

23 by saketsahu »»
Yesterday, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 21

54 by Ranxomare »»
Yesterday, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 4

83 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 24, 8:01 AM

» Your thoughts

Vapor_AU - Apr 20

11 by Pinoffin »»
Apr 21, 11:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.