Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 25, 2:13 AM
Jul 2021
So I really didn't have any issue with the anime ending. But it sure wasn't that great, the show went from a 9 to 7 in the end but still it was good imo. But I heard they changed the ending from manga.
So what was the ending in manga?
Feb 25, 2:57 AM
Jan 2024
from what I have heard the ending in the manga is same but the anime rushed everything in last 2-3 episode the manga explained it better tho I'm not the fan of the ending tbh
Feb 25, 3:05 AM
Oct 2020
I personally liked the ending, it was pretty good
Feb 25, 3:09 AM
Jun 2023
I didn't like the ending but everything before the time skip is great , idk about manga ending tho
KushxlchocobxrFeb 25, 3:43 AM
Feb 25, 4:46 AM

Jul 2022
The direction of the first episodes were insane, it would be one of my favorite anime if the ending wasn't rushed
Feb 25, 5:05 AM
Sep 2022
Reckless_weeb said:
So I really didn't have any issue with the anime ending. But it sure wasn't that great, the show went from a 9 to 7 in the end but still it was good imo. But I heard they changed the ending from manga.

what did you not like about the explanation, can you explain pls
Feb 25, 5:05 AM

Sep 2022
Rushed ending, wasn't the best tactical plot.
Feb 25, 5:07 AM
Jul 2021
LuFFY-Itachi said:
Reckless_weeb said:

what did you not like about the explanation, can you explain pls

As I said, not any particular issue but it felt very rushed compared to the rest of the series (like the pacing & direction was very good in 1-10th ep)
Feb 25, 5:27 AM
Jun 2017
the ending literally makes no sense and it's so ass. ruined the whole anime
Feb 25, 5:32 AM

Apr 2020
You didn't? But it was such a drop off.

Dropping from almost a Masterpiece to "it was okay" - is so dissappointing. The ending, in comparison to the rest of the Show, is horrific.
Feb 25, 5:47 AM
Apr 2023
The ending in the manga is they have a showdown where yashiro(-sensei) tries to kill a kid one last time and pin it on satoru and knowing that they try to catch him doing it. They also left out yashiro(-sensei)'s backstory/motives
KILLUA_the_GFeb 25, 5:55 AM
Feb 25, 6:51 AM
Feb 2022
it was ok i em half way frew manga but i know the ending so yea
Feb 25, 9:42 AM
Jul 2023
Erased anime is a 7.5 out of 10.

The Erased Manga is a 8.5 out of 10.

The mangas ending was a lot better then the anime’s ending.
Feb 25, 10:12 AM
Jan 2023
Reckless_weeb said:

the ending in the anime was definitely rushed and cramped! the ending in the manga went something like this:

* might not be completely accurate because it's been a while since i read it.

[ MANGA SPOILERS ]

satoru regains consciousness in the hospital. up to that point, everything is the same. however, instead of "defeating" yashiro right then and there, he falls into a second coma that lasts for a bit over a year

when he wakes up for a second time, he starts to live his life again to the best of his abilities, and befriends a little girl in the hospital iirc? kind of like in the anime. however, instead of everything happening at the hospital, they go to a summer camp when they're released. that's where satoru and yashiro meet again, and yashiro sets a trap for satoru by making it look like he's taken the girl

yashiro is obsessed with satoru, that much stays the same, but in the manga instead of simply wanting to kill him, he wishes to commit a double suicide with him, and thus lures him into an old bridge so the both of them can die together when they plummet to the ground.

satoru, always being one step ahead, sees through him and gets kenya's help to save the girl and himself, and he also chooses to save yashiro iirc. then we get to his reveries, where he talks about how the town without him and yada yada

personally i think the manga ending is more emotionally impactful, and there are also three side stories about characters dealing with satoru's coma(s) once the main story is finished: one for kayo, one for sachiko and one for kenya (this one has two parts! so in total it's four extra chapters)

my retelling is most likely very inaccurate!! so i recommend reading the actual manga ending <3 it's definitely worth a try and the ending is the only thing that considerably changes, so you wouldn't have to read the manga from the beginning, just from the part where it deviates from the anime !!
Feb 25, 4:36 PM
Dec 2023
the anime had a pretty good ending, i dont know why people think of it as a bad ending. tho, personal choice
Feb 26, 4:19 AM
Jul 2021
soultheories said:
Reckless_weeb said:

the ending in the anime was definitely rushed and cramped! the ending in the manga went something like this:

* might not be completely accurate because it's been a while since i read it.

[ MANGA SPOILERS ]

satoru regains consciousness in the hospital. up to that point, everything is the same. however, instead of "defeating" yashiro right then and there, he falls into a second coma that lasts for a bit over a year

when he wakes up for a second time, he starts to live his life again to the best of his abilities, and befriends a little girl in the hospital iirc? kind of like in the anime. however, instead of everything happening at the hospital, they go to a summer camp when they're released. that's where satoru and yashiro meet again, and yashiro sets a trap for satoru by making it look like he's taken the girl

yashiro is obsessed with satoru, that much stays the same, but in the manga instead of simply wanting to kill him, he wishes to commit a double suicide with him, and thus lures him into an old bridge so the both of them can die together when they plummet to the ground.

satoru, always being one step ahead, sees through him and gets kenya's help to save the girl and himself, and he also chooses to save yashiro iirc. then we get to his reveries, where he talks about how the town without him and yada yada

personally i think the manga ending is more emotionally impactful, and there are also three side stories about characters dealing with satoru's coma(s) once the main story is finished: one for kayo, one for sachiko and one for kenya (this one has two parts! so in total it's four extra chapters)

my retelling is most likely very inaccurate!! so i recommend reading the actual manga ending <3 it's definitely worth a try and the ending is the only thing that considerably changes, so you wouldn't have to read the manga from the beginning, just from the part where it deviates from the anime !!

Thank you so much for the effort. Appreciate it šŸ˜
Feb 26, 8:07 AM
Aug 2023
it was a good way to wrap it up without the mc living through his childhood again I regret waiting a year to watch this
Feb 27, 9:11 AM
Dec 2023
it was pretty good but not perfect
Feb 27, 12:27 PM
Sep 2021
I preferred the live action series ending tbh
Mar 1, 10:30 AM
Aug 2020
It was predictable and because of the ending it got a solid 6/10
Mar 3, 4:02 AM
May 2021
even then, the stuff before that wasn't too great imo
Mar 3, 9:05 AM
Oct 2019
Can't believe this Anime still got rated above 8.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.