Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 7, 1:48 PM
Jan 2022
I'm trying to get a greater understanding of Texhnolyze, particularly its characters. If you connected with any of them (especially Yoshii, Doc, or Ichise), I'd love to hear your reasons!
Feb 7, 4:10 PM

Apr 2022
It is probably Ichise. Although he’s the protagonist, he is mostly controlled and passive throughout the show. He totally relied on Onishi, he made absolutely important decisions rather than beating people. Sometimes, I am that kind of person. I can’t make my own decision in my own work that I was asked to do. I need orders from others.
Feb 8, 8:27 AM

Apr 2020
There are too many clishee-Mafia-gangsters, imo. Also, everyone who's not is a straight up, heavy breathing psycho, in this Show.

Sooo....I didn't really dig any of them. Felt like Im watching a deep skit on sterotypes, in Anime.
Feb 9, 6:49 PM
Mar 2021
Merve2Love said:
There are too many clishee-Mafia-gangsters, imo. Also, everyone who's not is a straight up, heavy breathing psycho, in this Show.

Sooo....I didn't really dig any of them. Felt like Im watching a deep skit on sterotypes, in Anime.

Anime fans realising that unlikable characters can still be well written and enjoyable to watch 😨😨
Feb 9, 7:01 PM

Jan 2020
This might feel like a repeated answer, but Im just gonna go ahead and say it anyway. I also relate to Ichise because for the majority of the series, he's generally a very quiet individual who CAN get angry (he had like two major rage scenes). It's not like he's devoid of emotion, he's just rather passive. He's kinda like a lapdog of Oregano (whatever tf the name was) rather than being proactive. He's a very very reactive protagonist, or atleast thats how I saw it. Im sorta in the same boat. I usually live life by just reacting to things rather than being super upfront about it. I wouldnt call myself a lapdog, but Im also kinda passive like Ichise. I also heavily relate with his decision to...

Also I guess I relate to Onishi aswell, but to a lesser extent since im not a syndicate leader or anything. But his sense of compassion is something I possess. He's the most "good" person out of the show IMO.

Not sure how anyone could relate to the absolute monsters that are Yoshii or Kano or whoever else....kinda interested seeing someone who does though.
astoneonFeb 9, 7:04 PM
man.
Feb 9, 9:19 PM
Dec 2019
Reply to 24846
Merve2Love said:

Anime fans realising that unlikable characters can still be well written and enjoyable to watch 😨😨
@24846

Yeah, those types of characters exist they're just not found in Texhnolyze. It's kind of like how politeness exists but it's not found in your reply.
Feb 9, 10:52 PM
Mar 2021
Recynon said:
@24846

Yeah, those types of characters exist they're just not found in Texhnolyze. It's kind of like how politeness exists but it's not found in your reply.

Never said they were just found in texhnolyze u muppet 💀
Feb 10, 2:15 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to 24846
Recynon said:
@24846

@24846

And that's not what my statement assumed you said. Your lack of basic reading comprehension would explain why you think Texh's characters are well written.
Feb 10, 4:17 AM
Mar 2021
24846 said:
Recynon said:
@24846

“They’re not just found in texhnolyze”
Feb 10, 4:40 AM
Mar 2021
Recynon said:
@24846

And that's not what my statement assumed you said. Your lack of basic reading comprehension would explain why you think Texh's characters are well written.

It’s been ages since I’ve watched it but one of the main ideas in the show is freedom. R we really free? The mc at the start acts like an animal. Just on impulse. He fights not to live but survive like in his boxing matches. He doesn’t even fight for himself. he hits the lady who forces him to have sex with him as a prize for winning his fight, (despite him clearly not wanting to) because he doesn’t wanna be controlled. Later, he gets his arm cut off because of this. His arm, which was a tool for his surivival, and the thing that showed his independence and freedom (showed by his boxing match and hitting the lady)

When this gets chopped off, he looses his freedom. Bluh bluh bluh, it gets replaced with a robotic hand, which again ties into the idea of freedom. At first he resists this, as it’s not his. It controls him. His still an animle. The gang attempts to “tame” him. And he likes it. He becomes slowly more “human” (one of the major themes of the show is what it means to be human. Is it to have control? To go through pain which the city above rejected, ext)

The Mc is learns that to be human is to be free. To make your own decisions. In the end. When he kills that dude, he uses his human arm, rather than his robot arm, for the first time (all the other times the gang ordered him to do something he used his robot arm. Also ties into the idea that is it human to commit violence/pain?)
Anyway, In the end, he did what he was told. That person who said “kill me” bluh bluh bluh died by him. Is he still an animal like at the start? No. This time he doesn’t fight for impulse or animalistic tendencies. He fights to protect rom and for his sorrow. It’s up to your interpretation if he changes or not. He said “I never changed” but he dies with a smile on his face. (There’s also a parrelel that can help with your interpretation like when he fights the poeple in rage after seeing that his friend got killed. The music, scenery, ect is similar to the first ep with the boxing match. This time however, he is fighting not just on implylse tho. So did he become human in the end? Despite the villian who was saying kill me saying if u kill me your just an animal, ext

I could go in to how The people on the surface are biologically alive (probably) but they no longer have the will to live or the drive that keeps humanity trying to advance. Ichise represents our base, animal desire to survive at all costs, so he was repulsed by the moribund surface and fled back to Lux. The Doc represents innovation and the desire to improve ourselves, so she was demoralized by the futility of her mission that she saw there and chose to kill herself, effectively joining the dead and dying surface dwellers.

And everything with the flower, how its Ichise finding something with which he could comfort himself in his final moments. His life is over, everything is over, but there's one final moment of peace before the end.

This is a super surface level breakdown. From a show I watched 3 years ago. I could go into much more depth, but there’s prob countless vids on yt, discussions on this website, reddit, ext, which can word it better then me. And I doubt a random comment is gonna change your mind anyway.
Feb 10, 8:20 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to 24846
24846 said:
Recynon said:
@24846

“They’re not just found in texhnolyze”
@24846

It says "they're JUST NOT found in Texhnolyze" not "NOT JUST".
Feb 10, 12:43 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to 24846
Merve2Love said:

@24846

Read^^ it's not about unlikable characters. It's about stereotypical clishee dudes, wearing suits, talking Cyber-Gangster-Talk.
Feb 10, 5:09 PM
Mar 2021
Merve2Love said:
@24846

Read^^ it's not about unlikable characters. It's about stereotypical clishee dudes, wearing suits, talking Cyber-Gangster-Talk.

Stereotypical 💀💀 bruh if u want an analyses, read the comment i made in this forum explaining some of the shows themes and characters. They arnt anything u say they r
Feb 10, 5:43 PM
Apr 2022
Kazuho Yoshii, he is literally me.
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Aug 2020
Every time Ichise screams for 2 minutes straight I relate

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tounoyaboys - Jul 1, 2008

323 by AMfromtheWORLD »»
Apr 24, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Apr 28, 2010

53 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zepwich - Dec 9, 2009

63 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.