Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 28, 2:56 AM
Mar 2022
Watched ep 4 and Gawd damn! Itsuomi is fuken aggressive bro (in a good way), I’ve never seen a male lead in an romance anime being this proactive before, he's rizzing her up constantly and knows how to deal with competition (her childhood friend). Which is pretty refreshing to see. Don't know if this is a shoujo romance thing or not, cuz I haven’t watched that many but man, Am I here for it

Edit: I meant like aggressive right out of the gate, sorry for not being specific, but yeah, I’ve seen male leads getting assertive in anime before but it always happens towards the middle or the end of a show, never this soon
A-lil-weeb-dogJan 28, 3:58 AM
Jan 28, 3:03 AM
Oct 2023
well it's a typical shoujo romance thing I have seen that in many animes like kaichou wa maid-sama, wolf girl and black prince etc.
Jan 28, 3:06 AM
Nov 2021
in the romances I've watched, there are times when the male lead(s) become very defensive or competitive, (fruits basket, horimiya, I want to eat your pancreas come to mind) but I don't recall any where they are this assertive straight out of the gates.
Jan 28, 3:08 AM
Oct 2023
yeah it is quite normal in romance anime, when the male lead has an opponent, that’s when he starts to really become proactive and show the girl (and the second male lead) that he’s into her
but that guy oshi is truly agressive bro you want a girl then try to be nice for once, this love triangle seems really simple for me so far (let’s wait..)
Jan 28, 3:23 AM
Aug 2021
A-lil-weeb-dog said:
Watched ep 4 and Gawd damn! Itsuomi is fuken aggressive bro (in a good way), I’ve never seen a male lead in an romance anime being this proactive before, he's rizzing her up constantly and knows how to deal with competition (her childhood friend). Which is pretty refreshing to see. Don't know if this is a shoujo romance thing or not, cuz I haven’t watched that many but man, Am I here for it

domestic girlfriend's first seen is finishing sex
Jan 28, 3:45 AM

Jan 2019
It's the classic YA love triangle of bad boy vs childhood friend.

Jan 28, 3:56 AM

Apr 2021
A-lil-weeb-dog said:

He kinda reminds me of “Kurosawa, Yamato” from …

Suki tte Ii na yo.

Say "I Love You."
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 28, 3:59 AM

Apr 2021
Abzy1239 said:
A-lil-weeb-dog said:

I hated that anime … such a terrible story
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 28, 3:59 AM
Mar 2022
ForeverTraitor said:

But in this case Itsuomi is just all rizz, no bad-boy vibes from him to me at least
Jan 28, 4:16 AM
Mar 2021
ejleon said:
Abzy1239 said:

I hated that anime … such a terrible story

Peak (character limit)
Jan 28, 4:21 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to ejleon
A-lil-weeb-dog said:

Suki tte Ii na yo.

Say "I Love You."
@ejleon I was thinking the same thing. He gives off some Yamato vibes :D
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jan 28, 4:44 AM
Jul 2023
that's every shoujo romance though
Jan 28, 5:56 AM
Nov 2020
zorozoruzori said:
yeah it is quite normal in romance anime, when the male lead has an opponent, that’s when he starts to really become proactive and show the girl (and the second male lead) that he’s into her
but that guy oshi is truly agressive bro you want a girl then try to be nice for once, this love triangle seems really simple for me so far (let’s wait..)

Oushi seems kinda immature like he’s in third grade or something pulling on her pigtails to get attention. He’s going to have to grow up if he wants her.
Jan 28, 6:12 AM
Oct 2023
Lightsrevenge said:
zorozoruzori said:

Oushi seems kinda immature like he’s in third grade or something pulling on her pigtails to get attention. He’s going to have to grow up if he wants her.

yeah i agree like they’re in college come on

he’s doing the classic « i-didnt-want-you-until-another-did » (or at least he didnt show that he wanted her, idk i havent read the manga)
Jan 28, 10:52 AM

Jun 2012
Reply to ForeverTraitor
@ForeverTraitor Itsuomi? bad boy??? are we like watching the same show

Oushi acting like a jerk fits more like the bad boy stereotype if we were to use this term lol

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jan 28, 11:00 AM

May 2018
Reply to ejleon
A-lil-weeb-dog said:

Suki tte Ii na yo.

Say "I Love You."
@ejleon glad I wasn't the only one lmao
GO DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Jan 28, 11:07 AM

Jun 2012
Reply to ejleon
A-lil-weeb-dog said:

Suki tte Ii na yo.

Say "I Love You."
@ejleon as far as I remember yamato had no respect for boundaries (I remember him sleeping with the other girls even if he had no feelings for them, like a people pleaser kinda act like he didn't know how to say no, and also forcefully stealing kiss of the female chara and so on)

good guy but pushy in the wrong ways instead of asking for consent first and letting the female MC make the first move as well

meanwhile we got itsuomi having real clear boundaries even with other females (just look at how he dealt with Emma, then went straight to kyouya after so she wouldn't have to stay outside drunk as it is dangerous but making sure they don't stay together alone in such scenario)

he is proactive but like in a still patient and consenous way which doesn't really fit yamato that much imo

I would say in the story both are really proactive, but both still respect each other which is why they work so well together and it works so smoothly!!
NemuriNezumiJan 28, 11:12 AM

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jan 28, 12:23 PM
Feb 2023
It's because it's a shojo anime, it's made for the girls. You want your male lead to be attractive to women and being confident is how you do it.

Whereas in shonen romance the male lead is made as a self insert and it's the woman who is usually pro active in "rizzing" up the man.

Like say The Dangers in My Heart Yamada is attracting Ichikawa. The same thing happens in The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses, More Than A Married Couple but no Lovers and The Call of the Night.
Jan 28, 12:43 PM

Apr 2021
NemuriNezumi said:
@ejleon as far as I remember yamato had no respect for boundaries (I remember him sleeping with the other girls even if he had no feelings for them, like a people pleaser kinda act like he didn't know how to say no, and also forcefully stealing kiss of the female chara and so on)

good guy but pushy in the wrong ways instead of asking for consent first and letting the female MC make the first move as well

meanwhile we got itsuomi having real clear boundaries even with other females (just look at how he dealt with Emma, then went straight to kyouya after so she wouldn't have to stay outside drunk as it is dangerous but making sure they don't stay together alone in such scenario)

he is proactive but like in a still patient and consenous way which doesn't really fit yamato that much imo

I would say in the story both are really proactive, but both still respect each other which is why they work so well together and it works so smoothly!!

You are talking about the Yamato before meeting Mei, he was a “player”.

I meant the Yamato that was loyal only to Mei in their relationship. Mei was not easy and resisted Yamato. Yamato had to push a little to convince her to be with him, but they definitely had a consensual respectful relationship. One of the best parts in the anime is when Yamato kisses Mei multiple times to show her how serious his feelings are for her.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bVryjwgTE7I&si=Gxw7ZjsTpM8bZ44X

Itsuomi is also pushing Yuki in different ways to bring their relationship closer together, not pushing in a romantic physical sense like Yamato, but still pushing with his way of acting and speaking with Yuki.
ejleonJan 28, 1:08 PM

Jan 28, 8:42 PM

Apr 2021
this is quite a trope in shoujo romances, its nothing new tbh.
Jan 29, 4:07 AM
Jul 2021
cosmoid said:
in the romances I've watched, there are times when the male lead(s) become very defensive or competitive, (fruits basket, horimiya, I want to eat your pancreas come to mind) but I don't recall any where they are this assertive straight out of the gates.

maid-sama’s male lead comes to mind, other than that i don’t know

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

192 by scorpioniclibra »»
5 minutes ago

» About OST

demonaman293 - Yesterday

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
Yesterday, 4:30 PM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

18 by Vicky9anime »»
Yesterday, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

116 by bucciest »»
Apr 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Phloup - Dec 31, 2023

337 by Phixiately »»
Apr 29, 6:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.