Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 3, 2010 2:24 AM

Feb 2010
Does AS expect its audience to have seen Clannad? Given its praise, I'm interested in seeing what AS is all about. I've only glimpsed some minutes into its prequel, but Clannad doesn't strike me as an anime I'd want to sit 23 episodes through. Thanks in advance!
Jun 4, 2010 3:50 AM

May 2009
Yes, in order to truly "feel" for the characters and their situations/ sufferings, especially the two main characters, you have to watch the first season first.
Don't be impatient 'cause Clannad is a slice of life anime.

And please enjoy it normally, not keep anything like prejudice in mind.
From what you said I have a feeling that you watched Clannad just because you heard people said that it was really good so you wanted to see "what the hell is so good about it?"
"Life is not fair. Get used to it" -- Bill Gates
Jun 7, 2010 8:02 AM

Jan 2010
hellogoodbye said:
I've only glimpsed some minutes into its prequel, but Clannad doesn't strike me as an anime I'd want to sit 23 episodes through. Thanks in advance!

belive me,in about let's say ~8 episodes,you're gonna be hooked on this,trust me ;)

the first 3-4 episodes are a little weaker because they just don't know eachother,but as the anime advances they will become friends and you will get to know and care for them :)

PS:oh La maison en petites cubes is your favorite anime?then you will 100% love this :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 7, 2010 6:28 PM

Apr 2009
Yeah, I recently decided to start Clannad expecting to dislike it, but damn it's actually really good, I suggest you watch the first series first
Jun 8, 2010 1:28 PM

Jan 2010
First season of Clannad is pretty weak. It's a good testament as to why most high school romance anime are utter crap, as they are really really soft and unrealistic. Unfortunately, its a must for AS so you get to know the characters a better. It also gets much better after Fuko arc ends.

I'm in the middle of AS now, and first 8 episodes were at least as bad if not worst as the worst episodes in Clannad. Gets better after though. Too bad I was spoiled about everything a long time before watching it, but I expect it still to be pretty dramatic.

p.s
Funny how first 8 episodes of each one can be considered the worst.
My tastes > your tastes.
Jun 30, 2010 3:04 PM

Jan 2010
unrealistic?
we are talking about fiction here right?:)...and seing that you have FLCL on your favorites,i don't get why you actually are affected by this lol

don't listen to that guy...

1st season is extremly(!) entertaining and also you get to know the characters
2nd season starts a little weaker than the 1st (even though Misae's arc is really good),but it gets to the masterpiece stage soon...
clannad4everJul 1, 2010 3:00 PM
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 2, 2010 7:03 AM

Jan 2010
i just got finished watching this and im actually questiong why didnt i watch it sooner. one of the few emotional-like animes that i actually developed a love for. so i would really love a sequal of some sort. maybe watching them raise ushsio? anyways ill hope ^^
Jul 9, 2010 4:09 PM

Jan 2010
clannad4ever said:
unrealistic?
we are talking about fiction here right?:)...and seing that you have FLCL on your favorites,i don't get why you actually are affected by this lol

2nd season starts a little weaker than the 1st (even though Misae's arc is really good),but it gets to the masterpiece stage soon...

OH HO HO

So what if FLCL is one of my favorites? Unlike Clannad, it doesn't pretend to try to be realistic at all, it isn't some kind of epic romance drama. I watched Clannad expecting the "greatest romance anime ever". But its total weaksauce in that department, although being pretty damn funny sometimes.

I could just point out you gave FLCL a low score, while giving a pile of fail like Elfen Lied a 10 (not that I'm surprised the least). I'm guessing all the subtleties in FLCL that make it a truely great show went past you.
My tastes > your tastes.
Jul 10, 2010 1:35 AM

Jun 2008
TomDawn said:
clannad4ever said:
unrealistic?

OH HO HO

So what if FLCL is one of my favorites? Unlike Clannad, it doesn't pretend to try to be realistic at all, it isn't some kind of epic romance drama. I watched Clannad expecting the "greatest romance anime ever". But its total weaksauce in that department, although being pretty damn funny sometimes.

I could just point out you gave FLCL a low score, while giving a pile of fail like Elfen Lied a 10 (not that I'm surprised the least). I'm guessing all the subtleties in FLCL that make it a truely great show went past you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

725 by H8trs »»
Yesterday, 9:37 AM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.