Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 17, 11:05 AM
Aug 2019
I went into this manga with average hopes, thinking it would be the same story as many other BL manga I have read before but I was pleasantly surprised when my thoughts were shattered to pieces. It was such an easy read and there was no unnecessary angst or heartbreak like there has been in several other series I have read. The storyline progressed beautifully and it had none of the over-exaggerated 'gay panic' scenes that many authors are fond of creating. Many of which create an unrealistic and unpleasant reading experience.
The characters also went through their own developments from being closed off and standoff-ish to open-minded and observant to the boy he only saw as a delinquent because of the way he dressed. While the other had his worldview shifted because he received a confession from a boy. The fact that no one in this novel made a huge deal out of the gay romance was also refreshing. I abhor many mangas when they feel the need to emphasize the fact that the characters are gay by adding in several stereotypes or by having other characters point it out every few chapters. The fact that this manga had none of that, and only showed background/side characters as supportive was exceedingly refreshing.
Overall, this was a beautifully written story and easy to read.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.