Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 14, 8:23 AM
May 2022
Don’t get me wrong this movie is great, shoko and shoya are well written. But i hate that the 2 satan spawn didn’t get no consequences for all the evil thing they’ve done
1.Ueno: bullying, physical abuse to shoko, mental abuse to shoya, beating shoko after she almost ended it all and was still recovering, having the nerve to blame shoko for putting shoya’s life in danger (when she herself was one of the reason that made shoko almost ended it all), and fucking fought shoko’s mother, like this is someones mother goddamit. Then she learns sign language and all of her wrongs are forgiven now, like wtf
2.Miki: i don’t think i need to explain anything about this demon, and the fact that this piece of trash didn’t get any consequences at all is so infuriating.
If i had a gun with only 10 bullets and was in a room with hitler, bin laden, ueno and miki, all the bullets are going to ueno and miki. I bet satan himself is probably disgusted with these 2 creatures. These 2 really made me hate the movie

Mod edit: Title changed.
-DxP-Jan 14, 9:44 AM
Jan 14, 8:43 AM
Jan 2022
BC it's meant to be realistic and show like
not everything has a happy ending and ppl who do bad stuff don't always get the punishment.
if it ended with everyone who did wrong getting punished, ppl would call it too cliche and just pandering to make the perfect ending
Jan 14, 8:46 AM
Apr 2017
All characters in this movie are masterfully written. Doesn't matter if they are good or bad people, they're all great characters. Also, Shoko's mom is probably the most evil character in the movie and the #1 cause of Shoko's suicidal behaviour.
Jan 14, 8:49 AM
Jan 2023
I completely agree, it’s really hard to watch the bullies get no repercussions for their terrible actions
Jan 14, 9:26 AM

Jul 2021
You're wrong. I take it you went (or go) to a middle and high school where everyone was always looking out for each other, never tormenting the innocent and awkward, or rejecting and isolating each other depending on insignificant social cues and mistakes.

Do you not resent ishida? Do you not hate him too? Is it because he was outcasted or because he changed? Because he suffered or because he became better?

If, at the end, ueno and kawai realized they were wrong, even if they didn't go through any part of the hell ishida did, what reason is there to hold grudge?

You have yet to realize that, by wanting them to suffer punishment, you have become exactly like them, when they wanted ishida to be punished for tormenting shoko more than anyone else.
Jan 14, 9:34 AM
Jan 2022
IhnalakoKaina said:
You're wrong. I take it you went (or go) to a middle and high school where everyone was always looking out for each other, never tormenting the innocent and awkward, or rejecting and isolating each other depending on insignificant social cues and mistakes.

Do you not resent ishida? Do you not hate him too? Is it because he was outcasted or because he changed? Because he suffered or because he became better?

If, at the end, ueno and kawai realized they were wrong, even if they didn't go through any part of the hell ishida did, what reason is there to hold grudge?

You have yet to realize that, by wanting them to suffer punishment, you have become exactly like them, when they wanted ishida to be punished for tormenting shoko more than anyone else.

just saying the world ain't as perfect as u see it. ppl get bullied that's j normal for humans. ofc I don't like it and don't do it myself but there isn't a skl without bullying.
also like it's to show how these characters are narrow-minded and won't change. they have done bad things and don't regret it, making U hate them even more, the (probably) want if the mangaka
the mangaka doesn't want U to like them characters, hence why they are the way they are
it'd be boring if everyone was cookie cutter and everything was happy at the end
Jan 14, 9:39 AM
Jan 2022
I don't even know if I resp to the right thing or what arguing abt
Jan 14, 11:03 AM
Sep 2019
bad characters written well are good characters. this movie's drama was a little over the top at times, I think it would have moved fully into the cheese zone if everything had been perfectly tied up That would have been fine too, but I personally like it better this way.
Jan 14, 7:01 PM
Nov 2017
Ueno get her punishment for me.
I dont read the manga or if this is what the author intention, but for me Shoya is Ueno's first love and she still have that same feeling.
Jan 14, 11:20 PM

Apr 2021
Gilbertaxel17 said:
Don’t get me wrong this movie is great, shoko and shoya are well written. But i hate that the 2 satan spawn didn’t get no consequences for all the evil thing they’ve done
1.Ueno: bullying, physical abuse to shoko, mental abuse to shoya, beating shoko after she almost ended it all and was still recovering, having the nerve to blame shoko for putting shoya’s life in danger (when she herself was one of the reason that made shoko almost ended it all), and fucking fought shoko’s mother, like this is someones mother goddamit. Then she learns sign language and all of her wrongs are forgiven now, like wtf
2.Miki: i don’t think i need to explain anything about this demon, and the fact that this piece of trash didn’t get any consequences at all is so infuriating.
If i had a gun with only 10 bullets and was in a room with hitler, bin laden, ueno and miki, all the bullets are going to ueno and miki. I bet satan himself is probably disgusted with these 2 creatures. These 2 really made me hate the movie

Mod edit: Title changed.

Satan would love these two because he wants humans to suffer as much as possible.

In that room of humans, saving the bullets for two individuals that didn’t cause World War II / continental genocide or the 2011 World Trade Disaster seems completely illogical, as well as, totally inconsiderate for those that died and those that lost.

I didn’t hate the movie, I disliked characters in the movie.

And Miki was never forgiven, they tried to get her to change
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 14, 11:52 PM
May 2022
Fartpoopoo said:
not everything has a happy ending and ppl who do bad stuff don't always get the punishment.
if it ended with everyone who did wrong getting punished, ppl would call it too cliche and just pandering to make the perfect ending

I get that, but the fact that shoko and shoya still ends up being friends with ueno and miki is outrageous tho. Like if my friend hit my mom, i’m definitely no gonna be friends with them anymore. Makes me wonder if shoko and shoya are masochist lol.
Jan 15, 3:21 AM
Aug 2021
Welcome to the real world.
Jan 15, 3:23 AM
Aug 2021
Gilbertaxel17 said:
Fartpoopoo said:

I get that, but the fact that shoko and shoya still ends up being friends with ueno and miki is outrageous tho. Like if my friend hit my mom, i’m definitely no gonna be friends with them anymore. Makes me wonder if shoko and shoya are masochist lol.

It's probably something which was fixed and apologised for off screen. You don't see their entire lives, that part of the film is set over an entire summer. The film is looking at the relationship between the two mains and so that's what you're shown.
Jan 15, 6:59 AM
Sep 2021
here's my humble opinion:

what I'd say is if you read manga, you'd empathize or atleast hate ueno less. I too loathed ueno but manga made me actually kinda like her lol. do check that

Miki kawaii, yea she's a covert narcissist but people like her do exist IRL so albeit I HATE her, the author yoshitoki ooima would probably want us to see her with neutrality

anyway to conclude I highly recommend reading manga especially if you liked anime, it gives you a broader perspective
Jan 15, 8:49 PM
Jun 2020
Yosakusan said:
All characters in this movie are masterfully written. Doesn't matter if they are good or bad people, they're all great characters. Also, Shoko's mom is probably the most evil character in the movie and the #1 cause of Shoko's suicidal behaviour.

can u elaborate pls
Jan 16, 3:56 AM
Apr 2017
NJA_06 said:
Yosakusan said:

can u elaborate pls

She purposely enrolled Shouko at a school that didn't have the resources for a deaf student because she couldn't admit that her daughter was different. Her pride wouldn't allow her to accept that her daughter needed special treatment. That has to do with not only her but the entire family who deserted Shouko after she was born deaf. Also, notice that the mom never tried ro properly use sign language with her daughter. So the main reason why Shouko is suicidal is because of her family, the bullying was just the cherry on top.
Jan 16, 9:43 PM
Sep 2023
I hop their should be more type of movies like this
Mar 16, 9:39 AM
Apr 2023
Ueno's character deserves to be in h universe since she already acts like a cheap sl.. and taking this as a full time job won't be a problem she deserves every kind of emotional, mental and physical torture that she likes to inflicted on others.
The only good thing about her that simps usually like is she's good looking and loves to seduce people.
What amazed me is Sahara who was once shoko's friend and knows how Ueno bullied her yet she ended up befriended that bit$h and became her follower I swear this girl is a m and about that Miki she's probably the luckiest shit here only thing is she's not as direct as Ueno with her bullying
In the end I don't like this story because of its ending there is no meaning to get along with the same shits whose actions' consequences leaved you behind with a permanent damage this world has many people to start anew but yeah a happy story includes easy undeserving forgiveness.

More topics from this board

» Did you cry? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stacias - Aug 1, 2022

258 by kaycooo »»
Apr 20, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihon_no_tsuki - Sep 21, 2016

700 by Morragan »»
Apr 4, 5:29 PM

» Sharing Whispers with Shoko - Moments that Made Us Fee

Sad-Life - Dec 31, 2023

11 by Aryan422 »»
Jan 2, 9:21 AM

» What are your opinions on Tomohiro?

Aldanaonair - Dec 29, 2023

7 by Squatch70 »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM

» This is about loneliness

Soroush_07 - Dec 8, 2023

22 by Rohan_King »»
Dec 15, 2023 8:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.