Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 8, 8:31 PM
Apr 2023
Wanted to know how other people felt about reading chapter 23 with walking with your head down and just not feeling like you're existing. To me, it sounds like
dissociation, mental withdrawal, and repression. I'm not walking around with head psychically down, but mentally, I am. I feel detached from everything around me just floating pass my life observing everything around and just watching it pass by not doing what i want in life but not having the courage to change it (i extist but not as myself thus i dont exist)And the word courage just carries so much weight in it after this and the suicide .Lastly, I loved how symbolic walking around with your head down just captures this feeling of emptiness. Idk what I really want to get out of the but it was just hurting me to see no one talking about this.

NxthingXJan 9, 2:23 PM
Jan 9, 3:20 AM
Apr 2023
I think a lot of people might be feeling the same as you. But you know, you’re the only person that cares for your life. You live for you. The stuff you wrote, if that’s not enough motivation to change your life, nothing and no one will. I also feel like you (or similar) quite often but I also try to break out of the vicious cycle. You establish that some things aren’t entirely in your control but the ones that are, you can do something with them.
But yea, the book is great. Idk if you’re at chapter 24 or finished it but it’s really good
Jan 9, 12:33 PM

Apr 2018
I wish we could see this masterpiece animated but it's so unique that I doubt it will ever happen. The end killed me.
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Jan 9, 2:18 PM
Apr 2023
Gabija222 said:
I think a lot of people might be feeling the same as you. But you know, you’re the only person that cares for your life. You live for you. The stuff you wrote, if that’s not enough motivation to change your life, nothing and no one will. I also feel like you (or similar) quite often but I also try to break out of the vicious cycle. You establish that some things aren’t entirely in your control but the ones that are, you can do something with them.
But yea, the book is great. Idk if you’re at chapter 24 or finished it but it’s really good

I'm happy you understand, and thank you for the remainder.
Jan 9, 2:22 PM
Apr 2023
Masshiroi said:
I wish we could see this masterpiece animated but it's so unique that I doubt it will ever happen. The end killed me.

We will melt into the sky the day it gets an anime.
Jan 9, 3:02 PM
Apr 2023
Masshiroi said:

I know right. But I don’t think it ever will and also the art… I don’t think they’ll ever depict it the way it should be. A bit similar to Ito’s work where I think anime will never come even close to manga
Jan 9, 3:03 PM
Apr 2023
NxthingX said:
Masshiroi said:

Where is this from? Also, thanks for adding panels! I went ahead and reread that chapter because I couldn’t remember what happened in it
Jan 9, 4:02 PM
Apr 2023
Gabija222 said:
Masshiroi said:

I know right. But I don’t think it ever will and also the art… I don’t think they’ll ever depict it the way it should be. A bit similar to Ito’s work where I think anime will never come even close to manga

it wound need to look like from the 2000s. Anime like deathnote cowboy bebop or megalo box dark and gritty and sword art online visuals.
Jan 9, 4:04 PM
Apr 2023
Gabija222 said:
NxthingX said:

Where is this from? Also, thanks for adding panels! I went ahead and reread that chapter because I couldn’t remember what happened in it

the climber. reading it now, and I didn't know I could add the panels found out after.
Jan 9, 6:06 PM
Apr 2023
NxthingX said:
Gabija222 said:

the climber. reading it now, and I didn't know I could add the panels found out after.

Ain’t no way. I felt like this might be climber but I never read it ahaha nice, I hope it’s good. Can’t wait to read it one day myself
Jan 9, 9:20 PM
Aug 2022
NxthingX said:
Gabija222 said:

you are reading it now?? i wish i could lost my kind and read that again, its peak as homunculus
Jan 9, 9:20 PM
Aug 2022
Gabija222 said:
NxthingX said:

Ain’t no way. I felt like this might be climber but I never read it ahaha nice, I hope it’s good. Can’t wait to read it one day myself

YOU GOTTA DO IT TOMORROW
Jan 10, 4:31 AM
Apr 2023
osmanbakiokumus said:
Gabija222 said:

YOU GOTTA DO IT TOMORROW

Well somebody’s obsessed ahahah I need to catch up w csm first ;p sorry. And I think I’ll be reading Freesia or Blood on the tracks after that. However, the climber has amazing art and I’m a sucker for that. As well as phenomenal story? So deffos one day. I see you have Satou in your fave characters list!!! He’s such a villain, I love it
Jan 10, 5:18 AM
Aug 2022
Gabija222 said:
osmanbakiokumus said:

YOU GOTTA DO IT TOMORROW

Well somebody’s obsessed ahahah I need to catch up w csm first ;p sorry. And I think I’ll be reading Freesia or Blood on the tracks after that. However, the climber has amazing art and I’m a sucker for that. As well as phenomenal story? So deffos one day. I see you have Satou in your fave characters list!!! He’s such a villain, I love it

CLİMBER WAY BETTER THAN CSM AND FREESİA I READ THEM TOO AND BLOOD ON TRACKS MANGAKA IS SHIT FR PLS READ CLIMBER FIRST
Jan 10, 5:20 AM
Apr 2023
osmanbakiokumus said:
Gabija222 said:

CLİMBER WAY BETTER THAN CSM AND FREESİA I READ THEM TOO AND BLOOD ON TRACKS MANGAKA IS SHIT FR PLS READ CLIMBER FIRST

Nah, don’t shit on other mangas please. To each their own…
Jan 10, 7:04 AM
Apr 2023
Gabija222 said:
NxthingX said:

going pretty good so far, and if your introvert, it's a plus ➕
Jan 10, 7:08 AM
Apr 2023
osmanbakiokumus said:
NxthingX said:

you are reading it now?? i wish i could lost my kind and read that again, its peak as homunculus

I'm on chapter 100 on the climber, but yeah, there are so many things I wish I could wipe clean out of my memory and experience over and over
Jan 10, 7:45 AM
Aug 2022
Gabija222 said:
osmanbakiokumus said:

well i wasnt trying to say theyre bad because climber is good, im saying theyre shit because theyre shit. kano is schizo and denji is... denji. Fujimoto cant draw tears plus he is definetly so weird if you know about fire punch and freesia mangaka is seriously ill i can say same thing for koroshiya "other work of homunculus mangaka" you dont have to read climber just completely skip these for your mental health 👍🏻
Jan 10, 7:47 AM
Aug 2022
Gabija222 said:
osmanbakiokumus said:

and i take my word back for blood on tracks because i rlly didnt try reading it, prejudice
Jan 10, 7:52 AM
Aug 2022
Gabija222 said:
osmanbakiokumus said:

all good if you are weird
Jan 10, 8:39 AM
May 2021
NxthingX said:
Wanted to know how other people felt about reading chapter 23 with walking with your head down and just not feeling like you're existing. To me, it sounds like
dissociation, mental withdrawal, and repression. I'm not walking around with head psychically down, but mentally, I am. I feel detached from everything around me just floating pass my life observing everything around and just watching it pass by not doing what i want in life but not having the courage to change it (i extist but not as myself thus i dont exist)And the word courage just carries so much weight in it after this and the suicide .Lastly, I loved how symbolic walking around with your head down just captures this feeling of emptiness. Idk what I really want to get out of the but it was just hurting me to see no one talking about this.

Something that really changed my outlook on life and helped me for the better was reading PunPun, and i see you have read it as well.

Did it have any impact on you?
Jan 10, 1:14 PM
Apr 2023
Something that really changed my outlook on life and helped me for the better was reading PunPun, and i see you have read it as well.

Did it have any impact on you?[/quote]
yeah, punpun has some eye-opening conversations and events that change your perceptive on life, but I feel bad because I kinda rush through the story, but i will definitely re-read punpun.
Jan 10, 1:17 PM
Apr 2023
Insertnqmehere said:
NxthingX said:

this conversation with his uncle was one of those moments for me
Jan 10, 5:45 PM
Apr 2023
osmanbakiokumus said:
Gabija222 said:

I suppose you wrote 3 replies to my comment. I was struggling to understand what you meant with the first one because of the lack of punctuation. But if I understood correctly, I never said you’re shitting on them because ‘the climber’ is much better. You saying you’re shitting on them because they’re shit is even worse lmao. You’re more than entitled to your own opinion, but I literally just said that I’m reading it and you have to shit on it lol. Don’t see a point in that. If I’m 130 chapters in, I’m deffos enjoying it.
Also, I sort of see that saying a mangaka is shit, kinda disrespectful. At the end of the day, these writers spend endless hours working on this project and their craft. So you gotta give them that at least.
I also don’t know what you meant by ‘ill’ part. Did you mean I’m ill or mangaka or the manga? I know you put a panel as well but I’m not sure where it’s from? Freesia or blood on the tracks? I personally don’t think anything crude, gore or weird could scare me away from the book, so if anything, I search for such mangas.

Sorry to the OP for writing up this longass message under this thread. If you have anything more to say, just DM me please.
Jan 10, 7:07 PM
Apr 2023
Gabija222 said:
osmanbakiokumus said:

I suppose you wrote 3 replies to my comment. I was struggling to understand what you meant with the first one because of the lack of punctuation. But if I understood correctly, I never said you’re shitting on them because ‘the climber’ is much better. You saying you’re shitting on them because they’re shit is even worse lmao. You’re more than entitled to your own opinion, but I literally just said that I’m reading it and you have to shit on it lol. Don’t see a point in that. If I’m 130 chapters in, I’m deffos enjoying it.
Also, I sort of see that saying a mangaka is shit, kinda disrespectful. At the end of the day, these writers spend endless hours working on this project and their craft. So you gotta give them that at least.
I also don’t know what you meant by ‘ill’ part. Did you mean I’m ill or mangaka or the manga? I know you put a panel as well but I’m not sure where it’s from? Freesia or blood on the tracks? I personally don’t think anything crude, gore or weird could scare me away from the book, so if anything, I search for such mangas.

Sorry to the OP for writing up this longass message under this thread. If you have anything more to say, just DM me please.

nah, it's all good, and wow, you handled very well.
Jan 10, 7:22 PM
Apr 2023
I wanted to start some kind of conversation around chapter 23. Anything really and happy so far, but I would like to add one last thing this is the chapter he finds about past identity, and the last couple chapters build up you this (repressed memories) and has a important roll going through the rest of the story (him and his ex and how they relate) so think this a big chapter in the story just wanted to draw the importance to this chapter to the rest of the fan base. I think my job is done. This will exist as long as Mal and the internet working, even if I'm proven wrong or right. I just want more interpretation of the chapter.
Jan 11, 1:26 AM
May 2021
NxthingX said:

yeah, punpun has some eye-opening conversations and events that change your perceptive on life, but I feel bad because I kinda rush through the story, but i will definitely re-read punpun.[/quote]
I have done it many times and everytime I regret it, now i vowed to never speed trough manga again
Jan 11, 3:10 PM
Aug 2022
Gabija222 said:
osmanbakiokumus said:

IM DISRESPECTFUL ANND BAD HUMAN BEING, I WAS TALKKNG ABT FREESIA MANGAKA HE IS MENTALLY ILL GO READ YOTSUBA
Jan 11, 3:11 PM
Aug 2022
Insertnqmehere said:
NxthingX said:

yeah, punpun has some eye-opening conversations and events that change your perceptive on life, but I feel bad because I kinda rush through the story, but i will definitely re-read punpun.

I have done it many times and everytime I regret it, now i vowed to never speed trough manga again[/quote]
GO READ YOTSUBA ITS CURE FOR PUNPUN
Jan 11, 3:13 PM
Aug 2022
NxthingX said:
Gabija222 said:

I HATE GETTING SLAPPED BY 20 LINES OF SERIOUS TEXT READ YOTSUBA

Jan 11, 5:00 PM
Apr 2023
osmanbakiokumus said:
NxthingX said:

I HATE GETTING SLAPPED BY 20 LINES OF SERIOUS TEXT READ YOTSUBA

your a persistent i will give you that.(i a good way)
but if someone has something lined up already, kicking it down and tell them this better is not going to get them happy about what your recommending even if its good. You got to sit back kick your feet up and the day they get to it both of you gonna be on a vibe.

More topics from this board

» Homunculus Volume 15 Discussion

mikzflava - Apr 3, 2013

36 by astoneon »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

» Homunculus Volume 5 Discussion

Joms - Jun 25, 2016

21 by astoneon »»
Apr 18, 2:35 PM

» Homunculus Nanako Theory (SPOILERS FOR WHOLE MANGA)

SMCDNA_8215 - Jul 31, 2023

5 by InspectorLunge »»
Feb 27, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Homunculus Chapter 12 Discussion

avrc - Nov 12, 2008

3 by coolpowers »»
Jan 10, 3:13 PM

» Homunculus Volume 4 Discussion

Confucius - May 25, 2014

6 by AshRocksTheHell »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.