Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 31, 2023 8:11 AM
Jul 2021
The SK8 event has been rescheduled for sometime in January, so hopefully we'll get some news on season 2 of the series, and the OVA (which I hope will revolve around Cindereki, personally).

In other news, Hiroko Utsumi (the creator and director of SK8) has been working on another series called Bucchigiri!?, with Mappa no less, which will air in January as well (from the 13th). Based on the promotional videos and material, it seems to be similar to SK8 the Infinity in its general feeling, although it consists of delinquents x One Thousand and One Nights (commonly known as Arabian Nights), so it has that Arabian aesthetic and is partly based on the story of Aladdin. I'm super excited about it personally since the characters all seem very fun and the main characters are cute, plus it'll have great action courtesy of Mappa just like the races in SK8.
OnlyArakuJan 8, 9:37 AM
Jan 1, 1:57 AM
Jul 2023
I hope we hear something about season 2
Jan 1, 2:07 AM
Dec 2022
I'm super excited as well! And I really hope we get a season 2 announced soon.
Jan 2, 4:30 PM
May 2023
YES S2 & SOMETHING 2 DO WITH ARABIAN NIGHTS, SIGN ME THE FLIP UP
Jan 3, 10:29 AM
Jul 2021
Bucchigiri!? seems to be a pretty big investment on Mappa's part, they've brought in a lot of talent for it, in the animation department as evidenced by the trailers, and in the musical department as well; there are five songs in total that we know of (from significant names in J-pop, which is expensive due to licensing fees with producers), and of these five: two comprise the opening and ending themes, but beyond those, there's also one theme song per gang. Furthermore, this may not be widely known outside of Japan, but there is a lot of competition and expenses involved with securing time slots on TV broadcasting, and it just so happens that Bucchigiri!? will have one of the best slots out there (occupied by some of the largest hitters of this year, last year, etc., or more specifically Spy X Family, Trigun, and Bleach). It's shaping up to be an anime with a ton of potential.

I'm curious to see how SK8 the Infinity season 2 pans out since Utsumi has seemingly been focusing on Bucchigiri!? for the last year. She may have juggled both series over this time, but it's very possible that such an arrangement could hinder the quality of both, which isn't ideal. If she hasn't, then it could mean that we have quite some time until we get season 2 of SK8.
OnlyArakuJan 8, 9:38 AM
Jan 4, 12:13 PM
Apr 2021
According to unofficial information, season 2 of SK8 the Infinity will start at the end of January. It would be great if at the same time as SK8 season 1. I think these characters still have a lot to tell us and have a lot of room to develop. The time of destruction has passed, I'd like to see their time of creation and maturation. Hopefully it will be a good one!
TobimarooJan 4, 12:17 PM
Jan 4, 4:51 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to Tobimaroo
According to unofficial information, season 2 of SK8 the Infinity will start at the end of January. It would be great if at the same time as SK8 season 1. I think these characters still have a lot to tell us and have a lot of room to develop. The time of destruction has passed, I'd like to see their time of creation and maturation. Hopefully it will be a good one!
@Tobimaroo That would be delightful news, but if it were the case, then they would have certainly begun significant marketing for it by this point. Do you know where the info originates from by any chance?
OnlyArakuJan 8, 9:38 AM
Jan 9, 10:30 AM
Apr 2021
Let's just wait for the event. :)
Jan 9, 12:56 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to Tobimaroo
Let's just wait for the event. :)
@Tobimaroo So you're unable to provide a source.

More topics from this board

» Langa's relationship with reki ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - May 7, 2022

65 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 10, 3:11 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

147 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 4, 5:21 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2021

142 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 31, 4:58 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

210 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 30, 4:56 AM

» Redundant

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

0 by OnlyAraku »»
Dec 31, 2023 8:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.