Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 31, 2023 5:49 AM

Dec 2023
Hey guys,

Remember how A Silent Voice left us all raw and blinking back tears? It showed us that sometimes, the loudest things are the ones whispered in the quiet corners of our hearts. And guess what? Life throws out these whispered moments too, little echoes that stay with us long after the noise fades.

So, I figured, why not create a space where we can share these echoes? I wanna hear about the moments that hit you like a gut punch, the kind that leave you staring at the ceiling like, "Whoa, okay, universe, that was deep." A victory that felt sweeter than honey, a loss that cracked your world open, a tiny act of kindness that made you believe in humanity again.

No wrong answers here, folks. Whether it's a story full of sunshine or one soaked in rain, share what moved you. You can shout it from the rooftops or whisper it anonymously, whatever feels right. Because here's the thing: even the quietest echoes can resonate the loudest when we share them.

So, who's got a story to tell? Let's show each other that we're not alone in this symphony of silent voices. Hit me with your echoes, and let's see what happens when we listen to each other's hearts.

P.S. Don't worry about being perfect or having the most dramatic tale. Sometimes, the smallest whispers can paint the biggest pictures.
Dec 31, 2023 6:13 AM
Jul 2021
damn bro that sounds very deep šŸ¤£
Dec 31, 2023 6:36 AM
Aug 2020
speak for yourself, I didn't cry from this exploitative garbage
Dec 31, 2023 7:45 AM
Jun 2021
ratliker63 said:

Spoiler warning.
What do you mean? I myself, as son of a psychologist, saw what was going to happen from a mile away.
This is an amazing film, written very well, and I think it was one of the best I've ever seen.
The story tells a story, that if it started like it did, would end like it did (I'm not talking about the movie ending but he fact of Ishida being bullied in the end of the primary school flashback). Positive reinforcement from classmates (every one laughed when he was bullying Shouko), not any intervention from the teacher, which didn't do anything until his position (job) and money where involved, finally calling Ishida out. That will lead to him bullying the kid more and more, because none one is stopping him, and when the situation hits it's peak of seriousness, the school intervenes.
The fact that Ishida held on to the note book is also, something someone could, and if it did, would probably hold onto it forever or until they could return it, which was what he did.
But if you have a different opinion than me, and this doesn't change your mind, that's not my issue.
Dec 31, 2023 7:49 AM
Jun 2021
Davyy_ said:
ratliker63 said:

Spoiler warning.
What do you mean? I myself, as son of a psychologist, saw what was going to happen from a mile away.
This is an amazing film, written very well, and I think it was one of the best I've ever seen.
The story tells a story, that if it started like it did, would end like it did (I'm not talking about the movie ending but he fact of Ishida being bullied in the end of the primary school flashback). Positive reinforcement from classmates (every one laughed when he was bullying Shouko), not any intervention from the teacher, which didn't do anything until his position (job) and money where involved, finally calling Ishida out. That will lead to him bullying the kid more and more, because none one is stopping him, and when the situation hits it's peak of seriousness, the school intervenes.
The fact that Ishida held on to the note book is also, something someone could, and if it did, would probably hold onto it forever or until they could return it, which was what he did.
But if you have a different opinion than me, and this doesn't change your mind, that's not my issue.

And this is what led me to exactly cry on the start, because I was like
"Oh no but the teacher will stop it"
"Oh no but his classmates will stop it'
paired up with the fact that Shouko was still trying to be Ishida's friend.
That just left me with out anything else but the urge to cry when she left/stoped attending and transfered to another school.
Because not only I now that that could have been stopped, not only the fact of Shouko getting bullied, but the fact of Ishida also being bullied towards the end of the flashback.
Dec 31, 2023 7:51 AM
Sep 2022
Davyy_ said:
ratliker63 said:

Spoiler warning.

I dont agree with that guy but why is you being a son of psychologist relevant here? Your parents are the psychologist not you
Dec 31, 2023 8:06 AM

May 2020
As someone who lived & grow up with a person with disability,

I lived on both sides of the table in the sense that i was Ishida the kid & Ishida the bullied...

Man...its not easy to connect on people because of not just about what youve done but the different circumstance you are having compared to a normal person...

Nobody knows the harshness of being disabled unless if you are disabled yourself...not even the caretaker can understand the pain of how hard it is to be different from others & the urge of wanting to be a normal person & the burden that comes along with it...
If the caretaker couldnt understand...i doubt a normal person could...
In the end, its all about patience & acceptance...
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Dec 31, 2023 8:45 AM
Jun 2021
Nitash said:
Davyy_ said:

Spoiler warning.

I dont agree with that guy but why is you being a son of psychologist relevant here? Your parents are the psychologist not you

Because I learned a of my Knolage asking them, and I've read some of their books like Wilhelm's Character Analysis.
Dec 31, 2023 12:43 PM
Mar 2019
ratliker63 said:

you’re allowed to cry over art that wants you to cry. You’re not getting one over on the anime by refusing to engage with it on its terms, you’re just cheating yourself out of enjoying the thing you sat down for two hours to watch.
Jan 1, 12:49 AM
Nov 2018
I enjoyed it to watch it more than once. I don't remember tearing up at any moment. Maybe it's just me I'm heartless.
Jan 1, 7:55 AM
May 2022
sometimes I feel it's my karma coming back to get me. I can't get into details, but for my entire life I've taken myself for granted but for the first time I've risked something on myself. and now I'm feeling the pressure of failure and what it'll mean to rest of my life. I won't know the results until April of this year. if I remember I'll post what happened on here so let's see
Jan 2, 9:21 AM
May 2016
Davyy_ said:
Nitash said:

Because I learned a of my Knolage asking them, and I've read some of their books like Wilhelm's Character Analysis.

So the same as someone reading a Wikipedia page šŸ¤§šŸ¤§

More topics from this board

» Did you cry? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stacias - Aug 1, 2022

258 by kaycooo »»
Apr 20, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihon_no_tsuki - Sep 21, 2016

700 by Morragan »»
Apr 4, 5:29 PM

» Ueno and miki (Spoiler)

Gilbertaxel17 - Jan 14

17 by Marianolove_55 »»
Mar 16, 9:39 AM

» What are your opinions on Tomohiro?

Aldanaonair - Dec 29, 2023

7 by Squatch70 »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM

» This is about loneliness

Soroush_07 - Dec 8, 2023

22 by Rohan_King »»
Dec 15, 2023 8:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.