Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2023 8:00 PM
Oct 2019
I Noticed This Thing After My 2nd Time Watch This Anime.

I Don't Know This Mistake Is From VA Or Sound Director Or The Director Itself Wanted It Like This, But From My Experience Watch Anime Especially The Romance One, First Name Is Important Thing For Relationship.

What You Guys Think About This One? Is This A Mistake Or I Just Exaggerate About Simple Thing?
Nov 23, 2023 3:25 PM
May 2023
MichLoverz said:

I Don't Know This Mistake Is From VA Or Sound Director Or The Director Itself Wanted It Like This, But From My Experience Watch Anime Especially The Romance One, First Name Is Important Thing For Relationship.

What You Guys Think About This One? Is This A Mistake Or I Just Exaggerate About Simple Thing?

Please Stop Typing Like This, It Makes It Incredibly Hard To Read.

first names aren't that important. most romance shows or films don't involve first names in relationships.

and it's probably a mistake. most likely not a one to one adaptation of source since they missed half the development and character building in the film.
Nov 26, 2023 6:14 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to holo-simp
MichLoverz said:

Please Stop Typing Like This, It Makes It Incredibly Hard To Read.

first names aren't that important. most romance shows or films don't involve first names in relationships.

and it's probably a mistake. most likely not a one to one adaptation of source since they missed half the development and character building in the film.
@sayu-simp Not Gonna Change The Way I Type xD

Anyway Yeah, You Have A Point, I Just Realized Some Of Anime Romance Movie That I Watch Like Hello World, Josee, Etc Is Not Using First Names Unlike The Regular Series Romcom. Even Though I Disagree With You About First Name That Aren't Important, We Talk About Most Common Thing In Anime Here Which First Name And Surname Is Kinda Affect Relationship In My Perspective. Maybe It Different In Western Moive But I Talk About Anime Right Now.

And Yes, This Anime Is Very Bad Compared To The LN.

Anyway Did You Read The LN?
MichLoverzNov 26, 2023 6:27 PM
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 PM
May 2023
MichLoverz said:

Anyway Yeah, You Have A Point, I Just Realized Some Of Anime Romance Movie That I Watch Like Hello World, Josee, Etc Is Not Using First Names Unlike The Regular Series Romcom. Even Though I Disagree With You About First Name That Aren't Important, We Talk About Most Common Thing In Anime Here Which First Name And Surname Is Kinda Affect Relationship In My Perspective. Maybe It Different In Western Moive But I Talk About Anime Right Now.

first names are really not that important. why would I be talking about western films on an anime forum.

I can name countless shows where although the characters are really close and still don't use first names. people, like you, often make a misconception on the significance of the given name. it's only really used within families and close friends. although it shows some importance in a relationship, a couple using given names only means they are close.

and yeah I've read the LN, hence why I said they missed out a lot of the development.
Nov 27, 2023 11:06 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to holo-simp
MichLoverz said:

first names are really not that important. why would I be talking about western films on an anime forum.

I can name countless shows where although the characters are really close and still don't use first names. people, like you, often make a misconception on the significance of the given name. it's only really used within families and close friends. although it shows some importance in a relationship, a couple using given names only means they are close.

and yeah I've read the LN, hence why I said they missed out a lot of the development.
I See, Maybe I'm The One Misinterpeted About That Thing.

Thanks.
Dec 6, 2023 7:05 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to holo-simp
MichLoverz said:

@sayu-simp Oh Hey By The Way, I See Picture Anzu & Kaoru From The LN One On Their MAL Characters.

Did You Know How To Change The Main Picture For The Character? Right Now Their Main Picture From Anime One

From What I Know, I Need To Edit And Send It To The MAL So They Can Check And Approve It But When I Edit Character Information, There Is No Option To Swap Main Picture

Just In Case You Might Know It, Can You Tell Me?
Dec 7, 2023 12:02 AM
May 2023
MichLoverz said:
@sayu-simp Oh Hey By The Way, I See Picture Anzu & Kaoru From The LN One On Their MAL Characters.

Did You Know How To Change The Main Picture For The Character? Right Now Their Main Picture From Anime One

From What I Know, I Need To Edit And Send It To The MAL So They Can Check And Approve It But When I Edit Character Information, There Is No Option To Swap Main Picture

characters have the same picture regardless of what page you find them on, be it the LN, manga or anime. if you changed them to the LN one, they would appear as the LN one on the anime page too. there is no point changing it as the anime is about 100 times more popular than the LN so it makes sense that the character image are the ones from the anime.
Dec 7, 2023 12:56 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to holo-simp
MichLoverz said:

characters have the same picture regardless of what page you find them on, be it the LN, manga or anime. if you changed them to the LN one, they would appear as the LN one on the anime page too. there is no point changing it as the anime is about 100 times more popular than the LN so it makes sense that the character image are the ones from the anime.
Ah I See, That's Make Sense. But There Is One Time, From Anime Called 86, Shinei Nouzen & Vladilena Milize Character Main Picture Is Changed To The Anime One After The Anime Release, But Afterwhile They Change It Back To LN One Again. The Series Is Popular Either The Anime Or The LN.

And Thanks For The Answer.
Dec 7, 2023 1:09 AM
May 2023
MichLoverz said:
Ah I See, That's Make Sense. But There Is One Time, From Anime Called 86, Shinei Nouzen & Vladilena Milize Character Main Picture Is Changed To The Anime One After The Anime Release, But Afterwhile They Change It Back To LN One Again. The Series Is Popular Either The Anime Or The LN.

86 is amazing. but they don't choose images depending on popularity, I'm pretty sure the mods change it to whatever they want. not too sure and it doesn't really matter, both LN and anime images are pretty cool .
Dec 7, 2023 1:13 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to holo-simp
MichLoverz said:

86 is amazing. but they don't choose images depending on popularity, I'm pretty sure the mods change it to whatever they want. not too sure and it doesn't really matter, both LN and anime images are pretty cool .
Is That So? Lena Is Cool But Shinei Is Kinda Too Skinny In The Anime I Think.

Yeah I Think At The End Of The Day It Depends One The Mods Decision.
Dec 7, 2023 9:07 AM
May 2023
MichLoverz said:
Is That So? Lena Is Cool But Shinei Is Kinda Too Skinny In The Anime I Think.

Yeah I Think At The End Of The Day It Depends One The Mods Decision.

he is supposed to be skinny. he's never shown to be physically strong but rather having good awareness and reflexes.
he's underfed, in bad conditions, constantly hearing voices and always at war... it would be worrying if shin was built like a buff dude and not skinny.
holo-simpDec 7, 2023 9:43 AM
Jan 3, 7:47 AM
Jul 2019
I'm assuming you don't speak/read Japanese and you're basing your assumptions off of some sort of translated version of the light novel. At no point does Kaoru call Anzu by her given name. When Kaoru comes back from the tunnel (after Anzu waits 7 hours), he calls her without honorifics (呼び捨て) in a panic, instead of the usual "Hanashiro-san." This usually signifies a closer relationship, especially when the two are still in high school.
Jan 4, 12:05 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to urorororo
I'm assuming you don't speak/read Japanese and you're basing your assumptions off of some sort of translated version of the light novel. At no point does Kaoru call Anzu by her given name. When Kaoru comes back from the tunnel (after Anzu waits 7 hours), he calls her without honorifics (呼び捨て) in a panic, instead of the usual "Hanashiro-san." This usually signifies a closer relationship, especially when the two are still in high school.
@urorororo Huh? I'm Bit Confused, You Are Talking About LN Or The Movie?

Let Me Get This Straight, First One, In The LN There Is No Moment That Anzu Have To Wait 7 Hours That Means That Scene Is Original From The Anime. Second One, I Already Know Kaoru Call Anzu By Her First Name After He Comes Back From The Tunnel Where Anzu Have To Wait 7 Hours. I Know About Corelation Between First Name And Relationship Too.

But I'm Asking Why Kaoru Not Keep Calling Anzu By Her First Name After That Scene? Anzu Tell Him That She Didn't Mind About It Too, So Why Kaoru Don't Do It? Is It Because Intentional From The Director Or There Is Some Mistake From The Director Or What? That's What I'm Asking.

And Of Course I Don't Speak Japanese Let Alone Read It Lol. That's Why I Asking, I Read The LN Translated Version And It's Official. It's Published By Seven Seas Entertaiment Which I'm Pretty Sure This Publisher Is One Of The Popular Among Other Publisher Out There.

Jan 10, 11:05 AM
May 2023
Reply to MichLoverz
@urorororo Huh? I'm Bit Confused, You Are Talking About LN Or The Movie?

Let Me Get This Straight, First One, In The LN There Is No Moment That Anzu Have To Wait 7 Hours That Means That Scene Is Original From The Anime. Second One, I Already Know Kaoru Call Anzu By Her First Name After He Comes Back From The Tunnel Where Anzu Have To Wait 7 Hours. I Know About Corelation Between First Name And Relationship Too.

But I'm Asking Why Kaoru Not Keep Calling Anzu By Her First Name After That Scene? Anzu Tell Him That She Didn't Mind About It Too, So Why Kaoru Don't Do It? Is It Because Intentional From The Director Or There Is Some Mistake From The Director Or What? That's What I'm Asking.

And Of Course I Don't Speak Japanese Let Alone Read It Lol. That's Why I Asking, I Read The LN Translated Version And It's Official. It's Published By Seven Seas Entertaiment Which I'm Pretty Sure This Publisher Is One Of The Popular Among Other Publisher Out There.

@MichLoverz

In The LN There Is No Moment That Anzu Have To Wait 7 Hours That Means That Scene Is Original From The Anime

in the LN there is a prolonged about of time where he is in the tunnel. the duration of which is not mentioned, the 7 hours was probably anime original, however that scene is not original and is from the LN. the time is made up though.

I Already Know Kaoru Call Anzu By Her First Name After He Comes Back From The Tunnel Where Anzu Have To Wait 7 Hours. I Know About Corelation Between First Name And Relationship Too.

as the guy above mentioned, i dont actually think they call each other by given names at that point in the LN.

Is It Because Intentional From The Director Or There Is Some Mistake From The Director Or What? That's What I'm Asking.

your original question is also flawed from the beginning; how is anyone supposed to know if its an intentional thing or a mistake.

I Read The LN Translated Version And It's Official. It's Published By Seven Seas Entertaiment Which I'm Pretty Sure This Publisher Is One Of The Popular Among Other Publisher Out There.

finally, this statement is completely irrelevant: its still a translated version, not the original, therefore mistranslations can happen. official or not and whatever company it is has no significance in this conversation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsu e no Tunnel, Sayonara no Deguchi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jutin123 - Sep 9, 2022

142 by Z0r0_11 »»
Mar 29, 2:30 AM

» Damn, it's BAD

Akita_Han - Nov 16, 2023

24 by todd2580 »»
Mar 18, 5:11 PM

» (SPOILER) Why didn't Anzu...

hainq - Jul 27, 2023

20 by janreycampo »»
Feb 18, 2:17 AM

» How is the manga or light novel

djodjd - Jan 28

6 by Spyr0H »»
Jan 30, 8:48 AM

» So how much is... (Spoilers)

Koustubh - Aug 18, 2023

9 by Py687 »»
Nov 16, 2023 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.