Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 22, 2023 11:43 PM
Feb 2021
I've been watching Naruto for the past year now and honestly haven't been enjoying it. I'm, currently on episode 181 and I plan to finish it, seeing as there are only 40 episodes remaining. I've seen a few of the movies but they weren't much better in my opinion. But i digress. My question is, is Shippuden worth my time, despite the fact I haven't been enjoying the OG series?
XrianSep 22, 2023 11:50 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2023 11:51 PM

Jul 2021
Not really in a meaningful way. My gripes with the original series (filler, flashbacks, irrelevant and endless dialogues, etc) only seemed to get worse in Shippuden. But I might be wrong about that and you might have a different idea about what's holding the series back for you.
Mar 2023
Shippuden is more worse than OG.

Mar 2020
No, its worse. If you are not vibing with the original I doubt you'll enjoy shippuden
Sep 22, 2023 11:52 PM
May 2015
Yes..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2023 11:58 PM
Jan 2023
nah
︎ ︎

︎ ︎

︎ ︎

︎ ︎

︎ ︎

︎ ︎
︎ ︎

︎ ︎

︎ ︎

︎ ︎

︎ ︎

︎ ︎

︎ ︎

Sep 22, 2023 11:58 PM
Jan 2017
Xrian said:
I've been watching Naruto for the past year now and honestly haven't been enjoying it. I'm, currently on episode 181 and I plan to finish it, seeing as there are only 40 episodes remaining. I've seen a few of the movies but they weren't much better in my opinion. But i digress. My question is, is Shippuden worth my time, despite the fact I haven't been enjoying the OG series?

I prefer og naruto over shippuden, but there are plenty others that feel differently, as you can tell from ratings on mal for example. Although if you don’t like og naruto I can hardly see how you’d enjoy shippuden significantly more. Shippuden is more bloated and takes a while to “get good”, the pacing in the first two arcs is… painful. It gets at its best around the middle, but it’s so tedious when you finally get to the war arc I find it hard to recommend people watch it unless they have a good dose of nostalgia around it. It took me months to convince myself to finally finish the war arc years back.

Also, honestly, skip the filler idk why you’re watching it, it’s genuinely not helpful to the story in the least.
yoru987Sep 23, 2023 12:03 AM
Sep 22, 2023 11:59 PM
Sep 2021
it has much more writing issues but it's better because well, the plot and everything else is more " epic "

also Sakura is actually useful here lol
Sep 23, 2023 12:03 AM

Aug 2022
Everything just gets worse. Ppl praise Shippuden more cuz it had arguably some better villains and plot lines, however there are a lot of pacing issues, nonsensical bullshit happening in every arc and the main cast keeps getting progressively more annoying.
Sep 23, 2023 12:17 AM
Feb 2021
Chadow_2B said:
No, its worse. If you are not vibing with the original I doubt you'll enjoy shippuden

yeah, it's been a drag to get through
Sep 23, 2023 12:28 AM
Feb 2021
yoru987 said:
Xrian said:

I prefer og naruto over shippuden, but there are plenty others that feel differently, as you can tell from ratings on mal for example. Although if you don’t like og naruto I can hardly see how you’d enjoy shippuden significantly more. Shippuden is more bloated and takes a while to “get good”, the pacing in the first two arcs is… painful. It gets at its best around the middle, but it’s so tedious when you finally get to the war arc I find it hard to recommend people watch it unless they have a good dose of nostalgia around it. It took me months to convince myself to finally finish the war arc years back.

Also, honestly, skip the filler idk why you’re watching it, it’s genuinely not helpful to the story in the least.

Thank you for the expansive reply! I will keep this in mind if once I finish the OG series.

I switch over to the dub for the fillers and put them on in the background whilst I work. But yeah, I can agree for the most part, I enjoyed the race one, though. To be honest, that filler arc was probably my favorite part of the OG series thus far.
Sep 23, 2023 12:32 AM
Dec 2021
Shippuden is way better but… if you don’t like og naruto I don’t think you will like shippuden, I mean it’s still naruto
Sep 23, 2023 12:38 AM

Jun 2021
Yes its way better
Sep 23, 2023 12:41 AM
Oct 2022
both are in good part but if I have to say one I will say neither of them are good enough to match the manga
Sep 23, 2023 12:42 AM
Oct 2022
shippuden is far far worse the og one was actually pretty decent the 2nd part was downright horrendous be it pacing horrible arcs in general and the war arc is probably one of the worst things ive seen
Sep 23, 2023 12:42 AM
Mar 2023
Personally Shippuden is a lot better just skip filler arcs unless you really want to watch them and I’m talking about og and shippuden.
Sep 23, 2023 12:45 AM
May 2023
OG Naruto is the groundwork for everything that happens in Shippuden. About every interesting idea in the OG is explored upon tenfold in Shippuden and that’s what makes me enjoy it so much more. However, if you don’t find those initial ideas interesting, then you won’t like it as much. In short, if you like Naruto, you’ll love Shippuden. If you don’t like Naruto, you’ll hate Shippuden.
Sep 23, 2023 12:49 AM
Jan 2023
No it’s not notably better in any way to the og. However if you found a lot of enjoyment out of isolated fights in the og shippuden brings more of that sort of enjoyment. The writing around characters gets muddy to me in Shippuden so if you’re more in it for that it gets worse. Overall if you don’t like it already you probably won’t like shippuden.
Sep 23, 2023 12:51 AM
Jan 2017
Xrian said:
yoru987 said:

Thank you for the expansive reply! I will keep this in mind if once I finish the OG series.

I switch over to the dub for the fillers and put them on in the background whilst I work. But yeah, I can agree for the most part, I enjoyed the race one, though. To be honest, that filler arc was probably my favorite part of the OG series thus far.

That’s quite ingenious about switching to dub to watch it in the background, I tried that once but I had a hard time with the change in voice actors. I think you’re the first person I know whose favorite arc is one of the fillers! I recommended you skip them since that’s one of the biggest complaints people have with naruto in general. I honestly don’t remember them that well since it’s been about 10 years since I’ve seen the fillers. When I rewatch I only go through the main arcs :)))) glad my comment was helpful
yoru987Sep 23, 2023 12:55 AM
Sep 23, 2023 12:56 AM

Jun 2021
If you find Og Naruto enjoyable, I think you will find Shippuden also worth enjoyable. Things get much more interesting in it.
Sep 23, 2023 1:28 AM
Nov 2021
I’d say it has higher peaks but lower lows. It’s about as inconsistent but just more extreme, mind you I skipped the filler but I do prefer shipuden. It expands the verse and has more high stakes moments though og Naruto has a more fleshed out setting/character set. That being said shipuden has better villains. Except kaguya.

Sep 23, 2023 1:33 AM

Jun 2011
It could be because you're watching the fillers from OG Naruto. I believe everything after episode 130-ish are fillers in the original Naruto series.

If you did enjoy everything before that, you might like Shippuden. I do think Shippuden is still great, but OG Naruto have way more memorable moments to me.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 23, 2023 1:37 AM
Mar 2023
Yes but it definitely has worse pacing
Sep 23, 2023 1:38 AM
Jun 2023
if you don't like OG Naruto then don't watch Shippuden but if you wanna know the story you can watch recap or explanation videos or you can directly skip to The last few arcs

Tho I advice you to watch Pain and 4th Ninja War arc since they are probably the best ones in shippuden and worth your time also if you're going to watch then use the dub version

The pacing and amount of filler gets more worse in Shippuden and has a lot of plotholes and completely takes a different route than OG Naruto
Also if you have any favourite side cast Aside from Team 7 from OG than they pretty much won't get anything in Shippuden
Sep 23, 2023 2:06 AM
Mar 2022
let me tell you you are watching filler

NARUTO ends at 120 or 140eps after that they are all fillers till 220eps

Watch Naruto Shipudden it's one of the best anime it has the power to make you feel sad for characters.

don't listen to anyone

NARUTO <<<<< SHIPPUDEN

Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world.The longer you live, the more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility.Everywhere you look in this world,wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well.As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist.The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiates war and hatred is born in order to protect love.
Sep 23, 2023 2:11 AM
Jun 2022
Shippuden is better
Don’t know what these people are smoking
Sep 23, 2023 2:24 AM
Nov 2021
shippuden has a few flaws but i think you’re watching the filler fest of naruto since the canon episodes for naruto end at episode 135, everything after that is pretty much filler except episode 220
Sep 23, 2023 2:29 AM
Sep 2022
Xrian said:

bro you are watching fillers i suppose because around 181 all the episodes are filler , please use this guide and skip the fillers so you can enjoy more...
Naruto - https://www.animefillerguide.com/2019/06/naruto-filler-list.html?m=1
Shippuden - https://www.animefillerguide.com/2019/06/naruto-shippuden-filler-list.html?m=1
Sep 23, 2023 2:41 AM
Dec 2021
nope
nada
never
OG>Shippuden
Sep 23, 2023 2:51 AM
Sep 2023
Not particularly
Sep 23, 2023 3:33 AM
Jun 2023
Ues shippuuden is best... There are so many good scenes which will make ypu cry.. And make you happy also. You will enjoy it.
But if you skip in the middle then you will not understand the next part!
Sep 23, 2023 4:12 AM
Sep 2023
It’s a matter of taste. I enjoyed OG more as a child and Shippuden more now as an adult.
Sep 23, 2023 5:35 AM

Apr 2014
Recently rewatched Naruto and the ending eps nearly made me give up (I really should’ve skipped the fillers) so right now I’m biased towards Shippuuden because we actually get back to the story instead of all the nonsensical shit we were put through in Naruto. But I know more bs is coming lol so tough to say, depends on what parts you don’t enjoy in Naruto I guess ?
Sep 23, 2023 5:54 AM

Apr 2016
Worse or not, if you haven't enjoyed anything in the original one, I don't think you will with Shippuden.
Sep 23, 2023 6:20 AM
Sep 2020
Yes imo. More complex, more layers, more twists.
Sep 23, 2023 6:26 AM
Dec 2022
shippuden is so much better if we don't count the filler
Sep 23, 2023 7:01 AM
Dec 2021
Xrian said:

You know episode 181 is filler so skip all that and head on to the final episode and then head to Shippuden
Sep 23, 2023 7:15 AM
Jul 2020
if you do not like Naruto, you are not going to enjoy shippuden. They are very similar, only with longer arcs and more serious themes. Plus, the end of the series is really drawn out and features a lot of filler. I would only suggest checking it out if you enjoyed and want to see the conclusion of the original story.
Sep 23, 2023 9:09 AM
Jul 2022
most of the time yes but they always fuck up the ending of each arc.
Sep 23, 2023 9:23 AM
Oct 2016
i think so, The character devlopment was a lot better and The dramas haver more common emotions
Sep 23, 2023 9:37 AM
Apr 2023
it's better and worse, I have more favorite moments from it, but if you don't enjoy the series, drop it, don't feel obligated to watch it bc of it being so loved
Sep 23, 2023 9:40 AM
Sep 2023
Xrian said:

I’m watching Naruto Shippuden and it’s really good and interesting. If you aren’t enjoying it then it’s up to you if you wanna continue it because there’s no point of watching something you don’t enjoy. However I think you should at least watch Naruto shippuden till episode 50 and if you wanna drop it then sure.
Sep 23, 2023 9:52 AM
Jul 2021
Except for the 4GNW arc in the anime (which has awful pacing imo plus ntm the fillers as well throughout the series), Shippuden is definitely much better than the og. This doesn't mean the og is inferior or bad in any way, it's just I enjoyed Shippuden way more compared to the og.
Sep 23, 2023 9:56 AM
Feb 2021
ToG25thBaam said:
It could be because you're watching the fillers from OG Naruto. I believe everything after episode 130-ish are fillers in the original Naruto series.

If you did enjoy everything before that, you might like Shippuden. I do think Shippuden is still great, but OG Naruto have way more memorable moments to me.

Honestly, I wasn't impressed with what came before, I enjoyed some of the fight scenes, for example Gaara and Naruto's fight at the end of the exam arc, but besides that, I wasn't impressed. Honestly, the running filler arc has been one of my favorites at the point I'm in now.
XrianSep 24, 2023 12:41 AM
Sep 23, 2023 10:54 AM
Aug 2021
Skip the filler and watch shippuden, it is so much better than thr og naruto.

I personally was tired of og naruto, but enjoyed shippuden immensely.
Sep 23, 2023 11:23 AM
Oct 2022
YES ............
Sep 23, 2023 11:28 AM
Oct 2020
Personally, I prefer Shippuden. OG does have its legendary moments, but Shippuden I found to be more enjoyable. I find the villains, fights, music, and characters are better in Shippuden. Just my opinion though.
Okami Yurei
Sep 23, 2023 12:00 PM
Oct 2021
I would say yes. Give an opportunity to the pain saga (and avoid any kind of filler episode, will save your life)

After that.... Naruto begins to transform into Laught tale just remembering some parts.... they're worth of a lion's laugh hahaha
Sep 23, 2023 12:29 PM
Mar 2022
Yes but og is still peak
Sep 23, 2023 1:35 PM

Aug 2019
You're watching filler episodes, and you wonder why you're not enjoying the series? Shippuden isn't better writing-wise, but in terms of animation and general fights it's somewhat more interesting to watch compared to the original Naruto if you skip its fillers.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 23 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Dec 6, 2008

28 by luanacsz »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto Episode 60 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 1, 2009

26 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 25, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 186 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 30, 2009

26 by shoelaze »»
Apr 25, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 148 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 20, 2009

19 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 24, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 144 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 19, 2009

16 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 23, 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.