Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 21, 2023 3:49 PM

Dec 2016
Like I said in title, most likely this will be just sequel to anime "Maou-sama, Retry!"

It's worth mentioning that first anime itself didn't even adapted all manga chapters but stopped around 17 out of 25, so first few episode probably will adapt those "skipped" chapters or they can go Spice & Wolf route and just remake entire story and slap that "R" from manga sequel and just follow it with future seasons... there is also crazy possibility that they will skip those 7ch and jump straight into "Maou-sama, Retry! R" which currently has 33 chapters (chapter 34 is scheduled for 2023.09.11).

But if this still will be adaptation of LN and they just added "R" from manga to be clever or something instead calling it "Season 2" then they will adapt story from volume 3.

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 21, 2023 6:24 PM
Mar 2021
Nieznajomy43 said:
Like I said in title, most likely this will be just sequel to anime "Maou-sama, Retry!"

It's worth mentioning that first anime itself didn't even adapted all manga chapters but stopped around 17 out of 25, so first few episode probably will adapt those "skipped" chapters or they can go Spice & Wolf route and just remake entire story and slap that "R" from manga sequel and just follow it with future seasons... there is also crazy possibility that they will skip those 7ch and jump straight into "Maou-sama, Retry! R" which currently has 33 chapters (chapter 34 is scheduled for 2023.09.11).

But if this still will be adaptation of LN and they just added "R" from manga to be clever or something instead calling it "Season 2" then they will adapt story from volume 3.

so this is a Sequel then? Sweet i liked the first season but think everybody said it did ok in terms of sales and watch/rating so they doubted thered be another season so if true then im hyped is there any difference between the Manga or Ln i saw u were talking about it but as i have not read it yet i dont know and its still going as well?
Aug 22, 2023 12:14 PM
Jan 2017
Oh hell yes, I was about to lose hope in waiting for second season. If you check Maou-sama, Retry! and Maou-sama, Retry! R mangas and the pace they went with first season they could have enough material for full 3 seasons.
Aug 22, 2023 8:35 PM
Sep 2015
Totally didn't expect a sequel from this anime. But to be fair, I also didn't expect a sequel from Hataraku Maou-sama, Classroom of Elites, Kengan Ashura, Fairy Tail, etc. And I'm totally wrong!

Hmmm someone place it under "alternative version" not "sequel"???
Aug 23, 2023 8:39 AM

Dec 2016
phantomfandom said:
Hmmm someone place it under "alternative version" not "sequel"???

Because technically this is adaptation of manga and previous season was adaptation of light novel.
Until more info or first trailer will be revealed situation is quite confusing.

Radtoter said:
is there any difference between the Manga or Ln i saw u were talking about it but as i have not read it yet i dont know and its still going as well?

Unfortunately I don't know enough details to know differences between LN and Manga. I only know that anime ended on 2nd volume.
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Aug 23, 2023 11:48 AM

Jul 2021
The thing that mostly bothered me in the prior season was that the action felt quite lame, for lack of better words. Somewhat flashy but without much "weight" to it compared to things like Danmachi where the sounddesign for the combat makes it feel quite weighty. Hope to see an improvement on that front.
Aug 26, 2023 12:21 AM
Apr 2020
Glad to hear it. Idk why everyone seems to hate it but not me, i like it a lot compared to any other stuff above it.

Feb 5, 9:04 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
I liked the first season a lot. The girls were cute and Luna's voice acting is amazing.
Mar 15, 2:52 AM

Nov 2007
casts
key visual
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1710487704
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 15, 5:07 AM

Dec 2016
@tsubasalover

It's still 'just' key visual but it seems more monat will be put in this adaptation.
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Mar 15, 7:07 AM
Jul 2021
Damn, the producers are diggin deep into the sanctuary of old (and seemingly dead?) anime to give them a sequel huh. It’s a good thing tho they should do it to more series
Stonks
Apr 4, 10:32 AM
Aug 2014
This is pretty great. I thought for sure this one would never get a sequel. I really like this one, especially with the MC being an adult.

More topics from this board

» About the recast VA cast

Avvenirista - Mar 15

5 by 28012001 »»
May 3, 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.