Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 21, 2023 2:35 PM
Apr 2021
[spoiler]So if I’m correct, when Lelouch killed Charles and his mom, he gained their “code” granting him immortality. Just like Charles did to v.v. If this is true, how did he die at the end of the series? Now I know they bring him back in the resurrection movie, but from my understanding that’s just an alternative universe and isn’t actually part of the original storyline. So please help me here, is it a plot hole or am I missing something.[spoiler]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 21, 2023 2:43 PM
Dec 2022
ishinashi392 said:
shit anime shit author

U never seen the show lmfao
Aug 21, 2023 2:45 PM
Oct 2021
I am not really informed but I thought it was just that he does not die from age but can die through a sword or something else. But not 100% sure
Aug 21, 2023 2:47 PM
Dec 2022
Bruh_epic said:
[spoiler]So if I’m correct, when Lelouch killed Charles and his mom, he gained their “code” granting him immortality. Just like Charles did to v.v. If this is true, how did he die at the end of the series? Now I know they bring him back in the resurrection movie, but from my understanding that’s just an alternative universe and isn’t actually part of the original storyline. So please help me here, is it a plot hole or am I missing something.[spoiler]

No, Lelouch never “killed” Charles or his mom nor gained their code or got immortality off that, he asked god or collective unconscious to not stop the march of time and favor his will than charles and the collective unconscious or will of humanity sided with him via human nature of change and continue living. He died as a mortal in The end of the anime. The resurrection movie is an alternative timeline to the anime and follows in a diff timeline along with the three other movies so no it is not a plot hole at all. Also no offense to you, but most people especially nowadays misuse this term “plot hole” as a word to throw around for not understanding a point in the plot of the story, plot holes are inconsistencies within the narrative of the story.
Aug 21, 2023 2:50 PM
Dec 2022
AnguGuanCrime said:
I am not really informed but I thought it was just that he does not die from age but can die through a sword or something else. But not 100% sure

No, when you have code of immortality you cant die at all via bullet would or stab etc, proof Cc and Charles. Lelouch never had the code of immortality which is why he dies and he never gets it bc he doesn’t take his dad or mom code, he simply asked the C’s world a request, aka a wish which btw foreshadows the ending of the story with how he says geass is like a wish to suzaku, so Lelouch never killed his mom or dad or got their code.
Aug 21, 2023 2:52 PM
Jun 2022
itzswxzy said:
Bruh_epic said:

No, Lelouch never “killed” Charles or his mom nor gained their code or got immortality off that, he asked god or collective unconscious to not stop the march of time and favor his will than charles and the collective unconscious or will of humanity sided with him via human nature of change and continue living. He died as a mortal in The end of the anime. The resurrection movie is an alternative timeline to the anime and follows in a diff timeline along with the three other movies so no it is not a plot hole at all. Also no offense to you, but most people especially nowadays misuse this term “plot hole” as a word to throw around for not understanding a point in the plot of the story, plot holes are inconsistencies within the narrative of the story.

holy shit you explained that so well omg i love you ngl
Aug 21, 2023 2:56 PM
Dec 2022
nopsik said:
itzswxzy said:

holy shit you explained that so well omg i love you ngl

Thanks man, Glad you understand it.
Aug 21, 2023 3:01 PM

Jan 2019
https://youtu.be/AeHmVBf0NJ8

I can't remember the exact details, but this scene confirms Lelouch survived. I think this scene was added into the DVD releases.

Aug 21, 2023 3:01 PM
Jul 2022
Bruh_epic said:

Being immortal means you can't age, not that you can't die...
Aug 21, 2023 3:02 PM
Dec 2022
Golden_Cheese said:
Bruh_epic said:

Being immortal means you can't age, not that you can't die...

Well no immortal means you can’t die as well.
Aug 21, 2023 3:03 PM
Dec 2022
ForeverTraitor said:
https://youtu.be/AeHmVBf0NJ8

I can't remember the exact details, but this scene confirms Lelouch survived. I think this scene was added into the DVD releases.

He doesnt survive, btw thats not confirmed by author to be him, in fact he kinda made it clear Lelouch did die in the anime.
Aug 21, 2023 3:25 PM

Jan 2017

It was a fan-edit , it's not an official animation of the staff of the project.
If i remember correctly , the Light Novels used it for their own ending tho.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 21, 2023 3:27 PM

Jan 2019
Fair enough, I do like my ambiguous endings

Aug 21, 2023 3:42 PM
Mar 2021
Yea lelouch never gained immortality. The story has a lot of garbage and real plot holes but this isnt one of them big dawg.
Aug 21, 2023 3:43 PM
Dec 2022
cheeeapp said:
Yea lelouch never gained immortality. The story has a lot of garbage and real plot holes but this isnt one of them big dawg.

Code Geass doesnt have any garbage or real plot holes unlike aot, midtama, death note and yyh lol.
Aug 21, 2023 3:48 PM
Mar 2021
itzswxzy said:
cheeeapp said:

Code Geass doesnt have any garbage or real plot holes unlike aot, midtama, death note and yyh lol.
yes it does. its easily has the worst politics, story telling, and character writing in anime. should have never been greenlit for a season. 
Aug 21, 2023 3:53 PM
Dec 2022
cheeeapp said:
itzswxzy said:

yes it does. its easily has the worst politics, story telling, and character writing in anime. should have never been greenlit for a season. 

No it doesn’t. It easily has the best politics, storytelling, character writing in fiction. It had a green light for a reason lmfao, but you can cope and deny the facts all you want. Its so funny how bastards like you follow me 🤣
Aug 21, 2023 3:59 PM
Mar 2021
itzswxzy said:
cheeeapp said:

No it doesn’t. It easily has the best politics, storytelling, character writing in fiction. It had a green light for a reason lmfao, but you can cope and deny the facts all you want. Its so funny how bastards like you follow me 🤣
no joke i dont know who you are and if thats instagram youre gonna have to find me on twitter because i dont have that app installed lol. you keep reversing what im saying but code geass is not good. anyone that has watched the series with a critical eye can easily point out the myriad of flaws 
Aug 21, 2023 4:04 PM
Dec 2022
cheeeapp said:
itzswxzy said:

no joke i dont know who you are and if thats instagram youre gonna have to find me on twitter because i dont have that app installed lol. you keep reversing what im saying but code geass is not good. anyone that has watched the series with a critical eye can easily point out the myriad of flaws 

LMFAO E for effort. You keep denying it but Code Geass is universal masterpiece whether you like it or don’t like the series. Anyone with any kind of narrative or literature education on writing with critical view point like you said, can agree that it is perfectly flawless in writing sense. Theres a reason high school and college teachers analyzed and even some recommended it to students. There’s no way random trolls on the internet who just try to be different so they seem edgy or elite on MAL are gonna agree though or know about this, but since you haters think you’re more warranted to judge series, how come Code Geass was nominated for “best media award” if anyone with a “critical eye” would say its flawed? Lmfao.
itzswxzyAug 21, 2023 4:08 PM
Aug 21, 2023 4:27 PM

Jul 2021
itzswxzy said:
cheeeapp said:

Not gonna argue about the other things, but the storytelling is not good. It's not about it being oldschool, or alternative. There is a standard for character introduction and development, pacing, plot devices, and all things storytelling, and this show is, bluntly put, fucking underneath it.

It's a headache machine that constantly makes you think: "that's all?" or "just like that?" or "how did they manage to get here?". No basking in the moment, no real reason for abilities or power, underwhelming (nonexistent) drama/tension, shit just happens and shit gets done, and as quick as the wind the plot moves along.

The power creep... the power creep is real.

P.s. on second thought, I'm gonna opine about the political and social issues part of the show.

Personal opinion, ok? They suck. It's appealing to nihilistic, cynic, godless warmongers who like revolution and fancy themselves military tactics fans. Not to be derogatory, it's just the most appropriate adjectives I could think of to describe the average cg enjoyer. I'm not one to like bloodbaths and people warring for selfish, stupid reasons.
Aug 21, 2023 4:33 PM
Mar 2021
lelouch constantly forgets things that the audience can remember, cc is trash and withholds plot information for no reason, lelouch and cc's relationship is the most anti-nuanced thing ever because the writers hate establishing something using their inferior brains. euphy's character was completely ruined because the writers needed a season 2, the dialogue is abysmal with scenes that literally convey the opposite of the message they are trying to all because the characters have negative characterization. suzaku's character is retarded and makes no sense until season 2,  lelouch's parents are the worst antagonists in fiction, and schnitzel is the representation of what happens when you give the authors time to cook something good but cant do a thing because they're not like that at all. 
Aug 21, 2023 4:33 PM

Jul 2016
The geass magic ruined code geass. It was better with the strategy, politics and military/mecha.
Aug 21, 2023 4:58 PM
Apr 2022
AnguGuanCrime said:

Yeah as far as I know there are several types of immortality and ways to nullify them.
Aug 21, 2023 5:29 PM
Dec 2022
IhnalakoKaina said:
itzswxzy said:

Not gonna argue about the other things, but the storytelling is not good. It's not about it being oldschool, or alternative. There is a standard for character introduction and development, pacing, plot devices, and all things storytelling, and this show is, bluntly put, fucking underneath it.

It's a headache machine that constantly makes you think: "that's all?" or "just like that?" or "how did they manage to get here?". No basking in the moment, no real reason for abilities or power, underwhelming (nonexistent) drama/tension, shit just happens and shit gets done, and as quick as the wind the plot moves along.

P.s. on second thought, I'm gonna opine about the political and social issues part of the show.

Personal opinion, ok? They suck. It's appealing to nihilistic, cynic, godless warmongers who like revolution and fancy themselves military tactics fans. Not to be derogatory, it's just the most appropriate adjectives I could think of to describe the average cg enjoyer. I'm not one to like bloodbaths and people warring for selfish, stupid reasons.

The storytelling is the best regardless if u agree or not. Code geass surpasses all and any standards for those categories. The fact that someone complains about a story making them use their head to think is actually showcasing how this generations of media lowered your standards significantly, but mostly, it’s not the shows fault you can’t comprehend something and think its a flaw the powers have reasoning and basing behind them, im sorry you don’t like show thats between range of 1-100 eps and not some 600+ ep of shitty pacing but all what you said isnt true abt The story. This show doesn’t push any kind of nihilistic belief, it in fact opposes it entirely in both storytelling and thematically, you say u dont like bloodbaths yet have a pfp of higurashi 😭 cg haters are the most self defeating people to roam existence no offense but everything you insult about the show has no bases or reasoning entirely.
Aug 21, 2023 5:36 PM
Dec 2022
cheeeapp said:
lelouch constantly forgets things that the audience can remember, cc is trash and withholds plot information for no reason, lelouch and cc's relationship is the most anti-nuanced thing ever because the writers hate establishing something using their inferior brains. euphy's character was completely ruined because the writers needed a season 2, the dialogue is abysmal with scenes that literally convey the opposite of the message they are trying to all because the characters have negative characterization. suzaku's character is retarded and makes no sense until season 2,  lelouch's parents are the worst antagonists in fiction, and schnitzel is the representation of what happens when you give the authors time to cook something good but cant do a thing because they're not like that at all. 

Lelouch doesnt forget things that the audience remembers lol. Cc isn’t trash or withholds any plot information for no reason. Cc and Lelouch’s relationship is one the most nuanced thing in any dynamic ever because the writers established it well. Euphys character had nothing to do or was ruined by writer for season 2. The dialogue was is the best in comparison to any other shows, and the scenes literally convey the message they are trying to and the characters have plenty of characterization. Suzakus character and role is perfect, and makes perfect sense even in season 1. Lelouch’s parents are one the best antagonists in fiction. Schneizel is only one of the many brilliant things about the series that the creator made. Keep trying though lol.
Aug 21, 2023 5:36 PM
Dec 2022
RuneRem said:
The geass magic ruined code geass. It was better with the strategy, politics and military/mecha.

No it didn’t ruin anything. It characterizes so many things instead.
Aug 21, 2023 5:44 PM
Aug 2021
The whole end premise is ridiculous.

We find it hard to keep counties united and not have civil wars when they've been together for decades or centuries even and yet we're supposed to believe that humans lived all hippy dippy after a few months of mediocre tyrannical rule?

He'd be forgotten within weeks as a power vacuume opens up and starts wars all over the planet at levels they hadn't seen for decades.

For all the good it did in the first season looking at the politics of power and Elite Theory they completely threw it all away because the author created a story that's to big that they didn't have the skill or knowledge to wrap up. The ending of game of Thrones was better than the ending to this show.
Aug 21, 2023 6:37 PM
Dec 2022
StarZone1 said:
The whole end premise is ridiculous.

We find it hard to keep counties united and not have civil wars when they've been together for decades or centuries even and yet we're supposed to believe that humans lived all hippy dippy after a few months of mediocre tyrannical rule?

He'd be forgotten within weeks as a power vacuume opens up and starts wars all over the planet at levels they hadn't seen for decades.

For all the good it did in the first season looking at the politics of power and Elite Theory they completely threw it all away because the author created a story that's to big that they didn't have the skill or knowledge to wrap up. The ending of game of Thrones was better than the ending to this show.

No it is not ridiculous.

The ending never suggests people lived hippy yippy after a month nor was it a mediocre tyrannical ruling. It’s shown that wars ended because the EU leaders decided to unite forces against threats such as Lelouch and this was shown even when Lelouch was alive as emperor.

In no possible or logical way would someone who literally held the leaders of every major nation in hostage and had weapon of mass destruction pointing at any nation would be forgotten in weeks. Lmfao, idk what kinda delusional unrealistic world you live in but that’s not how real life logic works, also you do realize that all of the countries or nations have united (they were never waring or fighting each other, they were simply against the ruling of Britannias empire under Lelouch) so why would war break out and be supposedly worse than before??? This makes no sense in real life standards nor does it fit into the story or lore of code geass

Both season one and two were perfect as is, I literally don’t get why you’re complaining or what you’re complaining about considering how all the information you used was literally against the events of the story itself that u are attempting to reach? The show isn’t too long either lol, its length is perfect and they had the perfect amount of knowledge and skill to wrap up just perfectly, no ending in fiction is close to Code Geass ending.
Aug 21, 2023 6:44 PM

Jul 2021
itzswxzy said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

The storytelling is the best regardless if u agree or not. Code geass surpasses all and any standards for those categories. The fact that someone complains about a story making them use their head to think is actually showcasing how this generations of media lowered your standards significantly, but mostly, it’s not the shows fault you can’t comprehend something and think its a flaw the powers have reasoning and basing behind them, im sorry you don’t like show thats between range of 1-100 eps and not some 600+ ep of shitty pacing but all what you said isnt true abt The story. This show doesn’t push any kind of nihilistic belief, it in fact opposes it entirely in both storytelling and thematically, you say u dont like bloodbaths yet have a pfp of higurashi 😭 cg haters are the most self defeating people to roam existence no offense but everything you insult about the show has no bases or reasoning entirely.

Nay. Shows that require you pay close attention lest you get lost are something I enjoy. My list is there.

It's not that I didn't understand the plot. No, it got through loud and clear. And I thought It was so unintelligent and ridiculous that I'd rather have spent those 20+ hours of my life staring at the sun. It would've been more enlightening.

The only redeeming feature was the end. Both because it ended, and because it was the only scene afforded more than 10 seconds, and leleuch finally made a good decision. The rest felt like I was watching a recap. I cannot even imagine the condensed mess the movies must be.

I can fucking hum the whole soundtrack, it was milked so hard. The viewer's perspective is so selective, manipulated so badly in order to unsuccessfully build up anticipation and intrigue.

The battles were absolutely braindead. It was seemingly written by a 14 y/o trying desperately to make something interesting without any actual knowledge put into it. The call signs, the comms, the commands, the logic. Its nonsensical, meaningless. For something that pretends to be so mature, it was quite embarrassingly childish.

I mean, it is meant for the kind of folk who like to think that by watching it, they've come to understand political and philosophical takes that most people are ignorant of or cannot comprehend.

Like I said before, shit just gets done. There is no regard for logistics, finance, technology, even personel. They need just to wish for it, and it happens, it comes into existence.

And yeah, I don't like bloodbaths. More specifically, innocent people or non combatants getting massacred amass for shock value, and because there is no other way to aggravate the character of a lukewarm antagonist.

I have a Higurashi profile pic? What the fuck does that prove? I just happend to like the stern phsychopathic expression Rena was making. Why does that mean I LOVED the whole series? I gave it an average score of 7. You know why? Because unlike CG, higurashi builds tension and shifts tone succesfully from comedy to horror. It isn't perfect, but it's far more pleasant to watch.
IhnalakoKainaAug 21, 2023 7:05 PM
Aug 21, 2023 7:54 PM
Dec 2022
IhnalakoKaina said:
itzswxzy said:

Nay. Shows that require you pay close attention lest you get lost are something I enjoy. My list is there.

It's not that I didn't understand the plot. No, it got through loud and clear. And I thought It was so unintelligent and ridiculous that I'd rather have spent those 20+ hours of my life staring at the sun. It would've been more enlightening.

The only redeeming feature was the end. Both because it ended, and because it was the only scene afforded more than 10 seconds, and leleuch finally made a good decision. The rest felt like I was watching a recap. I cannot even imagine the condensed mess the movies must be.

I can fucking hum the whole soundtrack, it was milked so hard. The viewer's perspective is so selective, manipulated so badly in order to unsuccessfully build up anticipation and intrigue.

The battles were absolutely braindead. It was seemingly written by a 14 y/o trying desperately to make something interesting without any actual knowledge put into it. The call signs, the comms, the commands, the logic. Its nonsensical, meaningless. For something that pretends to be so mature, it was quite embarrassingly childish.

I mean, it is meant for the kind of folk who like to think that by watching it, they've come to understand political and philosophical takes that most people are ignorant of or cannot comprehend.

Like I said before, shit just gets done. There is no regard for logistics, finance, technology, even personel. They need just to wish for it, and it happens, it comes into existence.

And yeah, I don't like bloodbaths. More specifically, innocent people or non combatants getting massacred amass for shock value, and because there is no other way to aggravate the character of a lukewarm antagonist.

I have a Higurashi profile pic? What the fuck does that prove? I just happend to like the stern phsychopathic expression Rena was making. Why does that mean I LOVED the whole series? I gave it an average score of 7. You know why? Because unlike CG, higurashi builds tension and shifts tone succesfully from comedy to horror. It isn't perfect, but it's far more pleasant to watch.

This is fucking incredible LMFAO. You literally somehow prolonged the unreasonable blabbering and ranting of what you really don’t even believe, that is hating Code Geass. You even tried to disperse your sentences into little mini paragraphs to make it seem intimidating 😭 holy shit. Again, you provide no warrant, justification, reasoning, evidence or proof to anything you said. Did you actually get your degree from yapping university? Like you genuinely threw buncha insults thinking it sounded witty and comedic instead of rational argument for what you supposedly “think” of the series. And I don’t necessarily blame you, every code geass critic, hater, flaw sniffer on the internet does this same ratty maneuver, it honestly gets pathetic and repetitive. What is the point of wasting your time and my time doing this?
Aug 21, 2023 9:06 PM
Oct 2020
does it really matter if an anime has a plot hole, atleast I enjoyed code geass that is for sure.
Aug 21, 2023 9:06 PM

Jul 2021
itzswxzy said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

This is fucking incredible LMFAO. You literally somehow prolonged the unreasonable blabbering and ranting of what you really don’t even believe, that is hating Code Geass. You even tried to disperse your sentences into little mini paragraphs to make it seem intimidating 😭 holy shit. Again, you provide no warrant, justification, reasoning, evidence or proof to anything you said. Did you actually get your degree from yapping university? Like you genuinely threw buncha insults thinking it sounded witty and comedic instead of rational argument for what you supposedly “think” of the series. And I don’t necessarily blame you, every code geass critic, hater, flaw sniffer on the internet does this same ratty maneuver, it honestly gets pathetic and repetitive. What is the point of wasting your time and my time doing this?

Are you even reading the same shit? What? Do you want me to quote word for word what they say in the series and write an essay on why it is not good? I think my criticisms are clear enough already.

Also, the "little paragraphs" are not to be intimidating. YOU found it to be like that. It's called spacing. But I guess the illiterate idiot that you are, who appears to have the orthography of a 14th century prostitute, wouldn't be able to tell that this is to make the points clearer and easier to read and follow. I bet you'd prefer it if I wrote like a 5th grader, with no punctuation, proper word spelling or paragraph structure, but sadly for you, I know how to write.

If you're asking me to reiterate what the others on this thread have already said, like the premise being awful and ridiculous, leleuch being an idiot, the writers inability to wrap up the story nicely because it got so out of hand, and so on, well it wouldn't be worth a shit since you've already "refuted" them.

My issue with cg was about the storytelling to begin with, and I've explained why. But words seem to evade you. The pacing sucks, it feels like I'm watching one of those recap specials. There is no artistic aspect to the show. It's all a constant barrage of words. An audiobook with silly mecha fights and uninspired dialogues. An exposition about idiots in a power struggle.

In the same way, the same fucking music track plays about 200 times. Like I'm playing a 2000's game. It's tiresome.

The plot devices are infuriating. Leleuch is portrayed as this genius, this foresight having tactician, yet he makes so many stupid mistakes for the sake of the plot reaching its predetermined final destination. The whole euphy thing was mind numbingly retarded, another moment during which anyone could tell: "this is doomed to fail, either that way or the other" (it was the stupidest way possible in the end).

The fact that the brittanians lost cc in japan to begin with, triggering all of the events of the series, is just another convinient plot device that doesn't make any sense. Some super power they fucking are if they lost one of their most important assets to what was meant to be an unnefective group of terrorists who later on could not function without the teachings of God, aka Leleuch.

The battles, ffs. The author doesn't bother using actual tactics, and instead, leleuch just tells people: move there and there and, wouldn't you know it, it works. How engaging, how insightful. Also, they destroy mecha after mecha, yet they always get something more powerful that god knows where the hell it came from. Unimportant stuff, right?

Leaning more into the taste aspect, this show ABUSES death and killing, to the point that halfway in you're so fed up you just think: "ah, this doesn't mean anything anymore. If a comet fell on earth right now I wouldn't care". It becomes hard to care for characters that were already so shallow and unlikable, since their lives are simply worthless. Only Leleuch has that coveted plot armor until the last couple of episodes, where he "mysteriously" turns into a despot an-- (yeah it's obvious he's trying to become a martyr). That was another stupid perspective play btw. The rest of them could just die and I wouldn't miss a beat.

I have personal opinions about the silly social-politics but I won't get into that since it's more subjective. As far as storytelling, I cannot tell you EVERYTHING that I though was shit, because I have better things to remember. Still I think what I and the others have said should be enough. CG is not a masterpiece.
Aug 21, 2023 11:50 PM
Nov 2022
itzswxzy said:
ishinashi392 said:
shit anime shit author

“Guys. Code geass is bad”
Aug 22, 2023 1:45 AM
Nov 2018
Bruh_epic said:

In the anime Lelouch also destroyed Ragnarok the machine that was providing the immortality. At least mostly broke it causing his coming back to life take longer than expected. It's briefly explained in the movie by C2
Aug 22, 2023 2:28 AM
Mar 2023
01bestanimeAOT said:
The writing is horrible, pace is too slow and full of plot holes. Aot has better characters, plot, world-building by a mile than code geiass. In fact aot has the best ending in anime

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
Aug 22, 2023 2:30 AM
Mar 2023
how much time these poeple have 💀💀💀
Aug 22, 2023 2:31 AM
Mar 2023
01bestanimeAOT said:
The writing is horrible, pace is too slow and full of plot holes. Aot has better characters, plot, world-building by a mile than code geiass. In fact aot has the best ending in anime

average aot fan 🤡🤡🤡
Aug 22, 2023 2:51 AM

Dec 2021
This Anime is one of the worst gallimaufries of all time, even worse than Naruto
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Aug 22, 2023 2:53 AM
Jan 2022
01bestanimeAOT said:

I dont think comparing a masterpiece to AoT is a good idea lol
Aug 22, 2023 3:10 AM
Jan 2022
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
This Anime is one of the worst gallimaufries of all time, even worse than Naruto

I respect your list and your, opinion, even though i disagree. From your list i can tell that the overall premise of the show doesnt fit you, as you have rated great mecha anime pretty low, and your favorites consist mostly of drama/romance/action, so personally i would reccomend not going out of your way to hate on something people love, and instead focus on your own preferences.
Aug 22, 2023 3:53 AM
Dec 2022
CL001 said:
does it really matter if an anime has a plot hole, atleast I enjoyed code geass that is for sure.

Cg doesnt have plot holes but yeah.
Aug 22, 2023 3:58 AM
Dec 2022
Faxtual_Ghoul said:

- hasnt seen either series lmfao.
Aug 22, 2023 3:58 AM

Dec 2021
BirbilisFanis said:
Faxtual_Ghoul said:

I respect your list and your, opinion, even though i disagree. From your list i can tell that the overall premise of the show doesnt fit you, as you have rated great mecha anime pretty low, and your favorites consist mostly of drama/romance/action, so personally i would reccomend not going out of your way to hate on something people love, and instead focus on your own preferences.
I courteously concur your conviction and counsel, but I shall assure you that as a respite from boredom I post my opinions in the forums to find profiles with congruent tastes
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Aug 22, 2023 3:59 AM
Dec 2022
RopeBuny said:
itzswxzy said:

“Guys. Code geass is bad”

😭 (character limit)
Aug 22, 2023 4:00 AM
Dec 2022
01bestanimeAOT said:

LMFAOOOOO this is literally a cry for help at this point 😭
Aug 22, 2023 4:02 AM

Dec 2021
itzswxzy said:
Faxtual_Ghoul said:

Of course the fanboys are so hackneyed that you guys can only give the same argument "You have not watched at all"
I just had a similar reply for my AoT post
Aug 22, 2023 4:02 AM
Jan 2022
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
BirbilisFanis said:

I courteously concur your conviction and counsel, but I shall assure you that as a respite from boredom I post my opinions in the forums to find profiles with congruent tastes

I see, but still, if youre bored i would suggest finishing an anime you are watching, or finding another one. Hell, even playing some game instead of shitting on some anime you dont enjoy. I do understand that you have watched thousands of anime, but some just arent for you: that, however, doesnt give you the right to go and hate on it publicly.
Aug 22, 2023 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
When it comes to Code Geass, assume anything you don’t understand is a plot hole, because it most probably is.
Aug 22, 2023 5:41 AM
Dec 2022
IhnalakoKaina said:
itzswxzy said:

Are you even reading the same shit? What? Do you want me to quote word for word what they say in the series and write an essay on why it is not good? I think my criticisms are clear enough already.

Also, the "little paragraphs" are not to be intimidating. YOU found it to be like that. It's called spacing. But I guess the illiterate idiot that you are, who appears to have the orthography of a 14th century prostitute, wouldn't be able to tell that this is to make the points clearer and easier to read and follow. I bet you'd prefer it if I wrote like a 5th grader, with no punctuation, proper word spelling or paragraph structure, but sadly for you, I know how to write.

If you're asking me to reiterate what the others on this thread have already said, like the premise being awful and ridiculous, leleuch being an idiot, the writers inability to wrap up the story nicely because it got so out of hand, and so on, well it wouldn't be worth a shit since you've already "refuted" them.

My issue with cg was about the storytelling to begin with, and I've explained why. But words seem to evade you. The pacing sucks, it feels like I'm watching one of those recap specials. There is no artistic aspect to the show. It's all a constant barrage of words. An audiobook with silly mecha fights and uninspired dialogues. An exposition about idiots in a power struggle.

In the same way, the same fucking music track plays about 200 times. Like I'm playing a 2000's game. It's tiresome.

The plot devices are infuriating. Leleuch is portrayed as this genius, this foresight having tactician, yet he makes so many stupid mistakes for the sake of the plot reaching its predetermined final destination. The whole euphy thing was mind numbingly retarded, another moment during which anyone could tell: "this is doomed to fail, either that way or the other" (it was the stupidest way possible in the end).

The fact that the brittanians lost cc in japan to begin with, triggering all of the events of the series, is just another convinient plot device that doesn't make any sense. Some super power they fucking are if they lost one of their most important assets to what was meant to be an unnefective group of terrorists who later on could not function without the teachings of God, aka Leleuch.

The battles, ffs. The author doesn't bother using actual tactics, and instead, leleuch just tells people: move there and there and, wouldn't you know it, it works. How engaging, how insightful. Also, they destroy mecha after mecha, yet they always get something more powerful that god knows where the hell it came from. Unimportant stuff, right?

Leaning more into the taste aspect, this show ABUSES death and killing, to the point that halfway in you're so fed up you just think: "ah, this doesn't mean anything anymore. If a comet fell on earth right now I wouldn't care". It becomes hard to care for characters that were already so shallow and unlikable, since their lives are simply worthless. Only Leleuch has that coveted plot armor until the last couple of episodes, where he "mysteriously" turns into a despot an-- (yeah it's obvious he's trying to become a martyr). That was another stupid perspective play btw. The rest of them could just die and I wouldn't miss a beat.

I have personal opinions about the silly social-politics but I won't get into that since it's more subjective. As far as storytelling, I cannot tell you EVERYTHING that I though was shit, because I have better things to remember. Still I think what I and the others have said should be enough. CG is not a masterpiece.

ma ignore the 30% of oinking you did about me and focus on the so called “issues” you have on Cg

You’re issue number one, “bad pacing” How is the pacing bad? How does it feel like watching a recap ? Why do you think it has no artistic aspect even though it does? Why do you think its like an audio book when it is not? Yes, shows have dialogue in them 🤯. Also thats not the exposition but it’s consistent that every criticism here is gonna be inaccurate sadly. But how are the battles silly and dialogue uninspiring?

Yes, OST are meant to be played multiple times throughout the story. 💀 how does this affect the story at all?

There is no plot device in code geass. Yes Lelouch is a human who poses a genius mind, why does genius suggest inhumaneness to never commit a mistake especially as a boy? Also where is the evidence that he makes mistake for plot sake and how was the euphy death stupid or a flaw? Who actually said that too?? 💀

How is britannia losing CC in japan a convenient plot device and doesn’t make sense ? They lost CC bc she was stolen by that “said incompetent group” which really is contradicting ur own point of them being incompetent, they merely lacked the necessary military training and weaponry than britannia had, also when is it stated or shown they couldn’t function after without Lelouch?? Headcanon?

The author does use actual strategies and tactics what? Lmfao him giving orders and commands to positioning in battle where they’re mechs literally require that isnt a tactic???? 💀 do you know anything? Whats supposed to be engaging about that? This isn’t game. Also yeah they do destroy the opponent’s mechs? Thats how war works doesnt it? And they make new mechas via their technology and engineers? Is this stuff like not obvious? I mean yeah it is unimportant as well via the fact that well, it’s obvious how its made and 2 it isn’t part of the story or message of how mechas are made 💀.

How does this show abuse death or killing??? How does it make that you’re okay with death?? Do you have data stat or psychological analysis about code geass supposedly demoralizing someone to say death is okay?? You sound a complete psycho and a moron. You don’t care about someone dying just bc u dont like them as person is messed dude, seek help and get in touch with reality cuz this show doesn’t teach death is ok, thats ma ignore the 30% of oinking you did about me and focus on the so called “issues” you have on Cg

You’re issue number one, “bad pacing” How is the pacing bad? How does it feel like watching a recap ? Why do you think it has no artistic aspect even though it does? Why do you think its like an audio book when it is not? Yes, shows have dialogue in them 🤯. Also thats not the exposition but it’s consistent that every criticism here is gonna be inaccurate sadly. But how are the battles silly and dialogue uninspiring?

Yes, OST are meant to be played multiple times throughout the story. 💀 how does this affect the story at all?

There is no plot device in code geass. Yes Lelouch is a human who poses a genius mind, why does genius suggest inhumaneness to never commit a mistake especially as a boy? Also where is the evidence that he makes mistake for plot sake and how was the euphy death stupid or a flaw? Who actually said that too?? 💀

How is britannia losing CC in japan a convenient plot device and doesn’t make sense ? They lost CC bc she was stolen by that “said incompetent group” which really is contradicting ur own point of them being incompetent, they merely lacked the necessary military training and weaponry than britannia had, also when is it stated or shown they couldn’t function after without Lelouch?? Headcanon?

The author does use actual strategies and tactics what? Lmfao him giving orders and commands to positioning in battle where they’re mechs literally require that isnt a tactic???? 💀 do you know anything? Whats supposed to be engaging about that? This isn’t game. Also yeah they do destroy the opponent’s mechs? Thats how war works doesnt it? And they make new mechas via their technology and engineers? Is this stuff like not obvious? I mean yeah it is unimportant as well via the fact that well, it’s obvious how its made and 2 it isn’t part of the story or message of how mechas are made 💀.

How does this show abuse death or killing??? How does it make that you’re okay with death?? Do you have data stat or psychological analysis about code geass supposedly demoralizing someone to say death is okay?? You sound a complete psycho and a moron. You don’t care about someone dying just bc u dont like them as person is messed dude, seek help and get in touch with reality cuz this show doesn’t teach death is ok, thats you’re own headcanon. How are the characters annoying or unlikable? own headcanon. How are the characters shallow or unlikable? Who r u to determine someone elses life being worthy ?

How does Lelouch have plot armor and even then how is plot armor on mc a bad thing? Every mc in existence has plot armor, theres a reason why they don’t die in the beginning or middle point of the story, and how was that a bad thing ?

And dont lie about having something important to do lol, ik u dont considering you spend time trying to reply back as soon as possible on this app to people who have different views on things than you. Nothing u said again had evidence or proof behind it and same applies to everyone else here who claims the cg isnt flawless or perfect, in short cg is a masterpiece by universal standards exception of edgy contrarians like urself.
Aug 22, 2023 5:44 AM
Dec 2022
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
itzswxzy said:

Of course the fanboys are so hackneyed that you guys can only give the same argument "You have not watched at all"
I just had a similar reply for my AoT post

So you’re just admitting to being a fraudulent person who just trolls for “fun” lol. Makes sense then
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1904 by felipecardel »»
May 30, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 31, 2008

576 by bubba460z »»
May 28, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

PimpToad - Apr 6, 2008

404 by bubba460z »»
May 26, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TechnicsMKII - Sep 21, 2008

370 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

306 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 3:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.