Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

In case anyone's confused, this is NOT a conclusion OR a continuation of the anime series (+ a brief explanation of what it actually is)

New
Jun 22, 2023 11:27 PM

Nov 2018
As someone who's seen both versions in cinema, just though I'd put this out there in case anyone's confused as to what this movie actually is. 

This movie has nothing to do with the anime series, rather, it's two movies (labelled as Day 1 and Day 2, both of which are essentially the same but with slightly different setlists and mc sections in the first half) that are presented to feel like an actual live show. Improved 3D models and motion capture are used throughout the performance and there're even live-like moments of audience participation (some screenings in Japan even allowed people to bring penlights and merch into the cinema). 

There're no spoilers for the anime in these movies (except for maybe the existence of ZOOL but idk if that counts lol), but if you have seen the anime, you'll be able to spot some subtle but endearing nods to the story, particularly in the final song. 

All in all, while it's not a story continuation by any means, it's still an extremely fun and mayhaps even a little emotional at times live experience that both i7 game and anime fans alike will enjoy :)

君の声 

忘れない 

涙も 

忘れない
Jun 22, 2023 11:58 PM

Oct 2011
Basically Utapri Maji Love Kingdom/Starish Tour Movie
Jun 27, 2023 9:26 PM

Oct 2008
UhOhSPAGET said:
As someone who's seen both versions in cinema, just though I'd put this out there in case anyone's confused as to what this movie actually is. 

This movie has nothing to do with the anime series, rather, it's two movies (labelled as Day 1 and Day 2, both of which are essentially the same but with slightly different setlists and mc sections in the first half) that are presented to feel like an actual live show. Improved 3D models and motion capture are used throughout the performance and there're even live-like moments of audience participation (some screenings in Japan even allowed people to bring penlights and merch into the cinema). 

There're no spoilers for the anime in these movies (except for maybe the existence of ZOOL but idk if that counts lol), but if you have seen the anime, you'll be able to spot some subtle but endearing nods to the story, particularly in the final song. 

All in all, while it's not a story continuation by any means, it's still an extremely fun and mayhaps even a little emotional at times live experience that both i7 game and anime fans alike will enjoy :)

Thank you for the post!
I've seen both movies too without watching the 3rd season (but still played years ago the story in the game) and I agree that you can still enjoy and watch the movie even if you haven't watched the last series.
"AI WA QUARTETNIGHT!"
Jul 14, 2023 8:43 AM

Nov 2015
Thank you!

I purchased both days of the movie, they're really great and moved me to tears. But do note that there IS a spoiler that's beyond ZOOL's existence, namely one performance between you-know-who that's actually a part 5 spoiler.
Aug 17, 2023 7:50 PM
Apr 2022
Very impressed with Orange's 3D CGI. Its so 2D like, Better than when they did Trigun Stampede.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Finale to the Amazing 3rd Season?. Who's HYPED?

imnagisashiota - Jan 10, 2023

2 by tsubasalover »»
Mar 6, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » The Finale to the Amazing 3rd Season? Im hyped

imnagisashiota - Jan 10, 2023

0 by imnagisashiota »»
Jan 10, 2023 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.