Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 11, 2023 12:48 AM
May 2021
There are some pretty intense things happening in the manga right now. We just witnessed Adachi vomit after hearing Shimamura say, "What a pain?" I mean, seriously? I always suspected that Adachi was a bit obsessed with Shimamura, but her reaction to just one sentence... damn! After reading that chapter, I can't wait for the next one to come out. So, I want to know what's happening in the light novel. How far has the story progressed compared to the manga? Has Adachi confessed her feelings to Shimamura? Is Shimamura still as uninterested in Adachi as ever? Is the light novel reaching its conclusion?

Jun 11, 2023 1:14 AM
Feb 2022
The story has progressed very far compared to the manga. From what i know the story is going to conclude on volume 12 with 11 volumes currently out. I really recommend reading all the light novel volumes either by reading them online or buying the books because it’s peak fiction and honestly way better than the manga with how introspective it is and how much it goes into detail.
Jun 11, 2023 1:37 AM
May 2021
Oskaroo said:
The story has progressed very far compared to the manga. From what i know the story is going to conclude on volume 12 with 11 volumes currently out. I really recommend reading all the light novel volumes either by reading them online or buying the books because it’s peak fiction and honestly way better than the manga with how introspective it is and how much it goes into detail.

It's quite challenging for me to get into reading light novels because they consist solely of text. I don't mean to say that it's not enjoyable, but personally, I prefer reading manga. However, since I haven't read the light novel, I can't compare the two and determine which one is better. Nonetheless, I believe the manga adaptation has done a commendable job.

Now, would you mind telling me what's happening in the Light novel ?
Jun 11, 2023 7:39 AM
Dec 2019
Kaede_Yagami said:
Oskaroo said:

It's quite challenging for me to get into reading light novels because they consist solely of text. I don't mean to say that it's not enjoyable, but personally, I prefer reading manga. However, since I haven't read the light novel, I can't compare the two and determine which one is better. Nonetheless, I believe the manga adaptation has done a commendable job.

The “What a pain” scene is from volume 5 of the light novel (still to this day my favorite scene from the novel so far) I just finished volume 6 and if you really want to know what happens
Spoiler Alert:

I haven’t read that much of the manga but I’m sure that it leaves a ton of details out from the LN, the LN also does an amazing job at making the characters feel realistic I’m sure it’s way different from how they’re portrayed in the manga, so I’d suggest if you got time on your hands and you’re invested in the story then give the novels a try (you won’t be disappointed one bit)
KylixerJun 11, 2023 7:50 AM
Jun 11, 2023 7:47 AM
Feb 2022
Kaede_Yagami said:
Oskaroo said:

Yeah i get what you mean. At first i also thought i wouldn’t be able to read it since it’s only text but it wasn’t as hard as i thought it would be. There’s also an art page once a while so that’s nice. Now to answer your questions:

(Spoilers for basically what happens in the story that hasn’t been adapted into the manga yet)

Now i gotta say that i oversimplied what happens a lot because the light novel is very long and i don’t want to spend a whole day writing about everything that goes on in detail. I also haven’t read the latest 2 volumes yet.
Jun 11, 2023 9:31 AM
Aug 2021
the main story finishes around volume 7. afterwards the next volumes are a collection of short stories in different time frames and even different worlds or realities, several of which give you glimpses of how their future life evolves with some usual relationship milestones portrayed.
Jun 11, 2023 12:39 PM
( °◡°)/
Oct 2021
Oskaroo said:

I second this recommendation. It's really well-written and the detailing for everything that happens and what each character thinks and feels at any given moment is spot-on.

The interludes and general fluff are also pretty funny at times as well 😅
JB-94Jun 12, 2023 8:52 PM
Jun 11, 2023 10:27 PM
Jul 2021
I stopped reading around vol 10. not that I didnt enjoy it, i just got a bit lazy. This post is my sign to pick up AdaShima again
Jun 12, 2023 1:20 PM
Mar 2023
I would recommend the light novel highly if others haven’t convinced you yet, it’s not that hard of a read and the novels themselves aren’t super long. Nice reads for when you have down time, and the vocabulary isn’t super intense at all. ( ̳- ·̫ - ̳ˆ )◞❤︎
oh and they give you a deeper understanding of both Adachi and Shimamura, I feel like it’s easier to understand them in the light novel rather than the manga ( ⌯'֊'⌯)
though… the manga is pretty close to the novels “canon” ending- the rest of the novels after that is short complication stories and looks into what there relationship can be.
I hope this helped ⸜(* ॑ ॑* )⸝♡
Jun 17, 2023 1:03 AM

Mar 2015
If you have any investment in this series or the characters, the LNs are what's missing from your life. Even if you aren't big on reading, the way the books are written make them really easy to get into. They're written in first person so you get a ton of the internal monologue that made the anime so interesting. I picked these up when 7 came out and I read them all within 36 hours. I couldn't stop.
My lists are way out of date...

More topics from this board

» Confirmed to End of Volume 12 + volume 11 release

ItzElite - Dec 9, 2022

4 by Tjerbor »»
Jan 23, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Volume 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jan 29, 2015

8 by kowisudayo »»
Jul 7, 2023 1:33 AM

» Volume 11 Chapter 1 discussiob

ItzElite - Dec 10, 2022

0 by ItzElite »»
Dec 10, 2022 4:48 AM

» Volume 10 Chapter 7-9 Discussion

ItzElite - May 11, 2022

1 by Minihornet »»
Sep 16, 2022 5:11 PM

» Volume 10 Chapter 5 & 6 Discussion

ItzElite - Mar 14, 2022

1 by Mrbing90 »»
Apr 9, 2022 7:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.