Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Do we know who could plausibly be a part of the Re:Zero S3 staff, and if not, when do you guys reckon we can most likely know?

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 20, 2023 11:19 PM
Jun 2020
I know it really hasn’t been that long ever since Re:Zero S3 was announced, but there has always been this lingering feeling in the back of my mind that is both worried and excited for what the production schedule for S3 could look like.
Like don’t get me wrong, I really liked S2 and I think it was better than S1 direction wise but I can’t the say the same animation wise, as it was evident that WF’s staff shortage and the impact of COVID has impacted the overall health of production.

Now for S3, I am certain that its animation producer Tsunaki Yoshikawa will not be returning and so will other animation staff, which presents itself as a worrying concern. However, WF has recently moved to a new workplace with new equipment/technology I presume, and it looks to be that the staff is in high spirits. Moreover, WF has dropped all of its other IPs and there is unconfirmed speculation that WF is now going to pool all of its resources and budget into Re:0 S3 which I guess is some hopium for the better.

Anyways, do you guys think? Will WF go all out for Re:Zero and deliver an anime adaptation that surpasses both S1 and S2 in terms of direction and animation quality with both core and new staff vice versa, or will S3 be another production mess like S2, and nothing will really change.
May 20, 2023 11:27 PM
Nov 2020
Sad to say, but I was really hoping that another studio would pick up re zero. Why, you might ask? Especially when they did such a great job on season 1 and 2 and obviously love the series. Well, because they have been on a steady decline for a while now and have not done any major project in years. I really hope I'm proven wrong, and them focusing mainly on re zero makes it another great season, but I can't lie, I'm really nervous about the coming season.
May 21, 2023 6:05 AM

Dec 2020
TheLastCrusaders said:
Sad to say, but I was really hoping that another studio would pick up re zero. Why, you might ask? Especially when they did such a great job on season 1 and 2 and obviously love the series. Well, because they have been on a steady decline for a while now and have not done any major project in years. I really hope I'm proven wrong, and them focusing mainly on re zero makes it another great season, but I can't lie, I'm really nervous about the coming season.

There’s nothing confirming studios but I definitely think there might be another prime contractor with White Fox or a similar studio to Nexus or two doing sub contracting.

Won’t get staff till maybe December. White fox has been recruiting for its main studio for 4 positions but it in a good amount of quantity. Don’t forget White Fox’s UTAWARERAMUNO aired for 28 episodes last year. That’s a pretty major project.
vaedeerMay 21, 2023 6:10 AM
May 21, 2023 6:11 AM

Dec 2020
Nafis_Syed said:
I know it really hasn’t been that long ever since Re:Zero S3 was announced, but there has always been this lingering feeling in the back of my mind that is both worried and excited for what the production schedule for S3 could look like.
Like don’t get me wrong, I really liked S2 and I think it was better than S1 direction wise but I can’t the say the same animation wise, as it was evident that WF’s staff shortage and the impact of COVID has impacted the overall health of production.

Now for S3, I am certain that its animation producer Tsunaki Yoshikawa will not be returning and so will other animation staff, which presents itself as a worrying concern. However, WF has recently moved to a new workplace with new equipment/technology I presume, and it looks to be that the staff is in high spirits. Moreover, WF has dropped all of its other IPs and there is unconfirmed speculation that WF is now going to pool all of its resources and budget into Re:0 S3 which I guess is some hopium for the better.

Anyways, do you guys think? Will WF go all out for Re:Zero and deliver an anime adaptation that surpasses both S1 and S2 in terms of direction and animation quality with both core and new staff vice versa, or will S3 be another production mess like S2, and nothing will really change.

It won’t be Demon Slayer levels, I don’t think the animation and adaptation will be eye-opening, but it will be better than season 2. COVID genuinely fucked them over because after episode 6 ALL the other episodes were done from home. Not the best looks

I think the previous main staff will probably return. Think we would have had a much bigger delay between seasons if our main guys didn’t come back.
May 21, 2023 8:07 AM
Jun 2020
TheLastCrusaders said:
vaedeer said:
Nafis_Syed said:

It won’t be Demon Slayer levels, I don’t think the animation and adaptation will be eye-opening, but it will be better than season 2. COVID genuinely fucked them over because after episode 6 ALL the other episodes were done from home. Not the best looks

I think the previous main staff will probably return. Think we would have had a much bigger delay between seasons if our main guys didn’t come back.
I don't believe anything's been confirmed, but I have seen people floating around rumours of studios like Atelier Pontdarc collaging on RZS3. I've heard other studios named. Many of them also currently have no announced projects. White Fox itself was doing collabs with other studios all during the previous winter season, but I haven't seen much out of them since the Spring season started so I can only assume they are focusing on RZ now.
May 21, 2023 8:09 AM
Jun 2020
TheLastCrusaders said:
I know that WhiteFox has dropped all of their anime projects for just Re:Zero, so here's to hoping that they pool all their resources and good staff just for the Re:Zero S3 adaptation.
May 21, 2023 10:51 AM

Dec 2020
Nafis_Syed said:
TheLastCrusaders said:
vaedeer said:

I don't believe anything's been confirmed, but I have seen people floating around rumours of studios like Atelier Pontdarc collaging on RZS3. I've heard other studios named. Many of them also currently have no announced projects. White Fox itself was doing collabs with other studios all during the previous winter season, but I haven't seen much out of them since the Spring season started so I can only assume they are focusing on RZ now.
izukogen is still doing subcontracting stuff but VERY VERY minor stuff.
May 21, 2023 10:53 AM

Dec 2020
Nafis_Syed said:
TheLastCrusaders said:
I know that WhiteFox has dropped all of their anime projects for just Re:Zero, so here's to hoping that they pool all their resources and good staff just for the Re:Zero S3 adaptation.
Don't get your hopes up so fast. One of the announced anime projects could be by White Fox, but I wouldn't say there's a good chance for that.
The main staff from RE:ZERO aren't White Fox bound but it looks like they all followed the previous animation producer from White Fox into Atelier, so that's some interesting food for thought that could play an interesting role in season 3. 

White Fox's numbers have been down for a while but it can only get better from here on out and hopefully they scoup up talent from their recruitments

More topics from this board

» (Spoilers) Who would be the perfect Seiyū?

castle2001 - Jun 11

11 by InfernalPotato »»
Jun 14, 4:01 PM

» Does some animators from Studio Bind will help White Fox ?

Baliste - Jun 9

15 by Kartiksama »»
Jun 12, 9:59 AM

» Episode 1 will be 90min LONG!

AshTheChamp - Jun 5

42 by Sh4dowTomi »»
Jun 11, 11:42 AM

» Why did White Fox decide to release episode 1 early?

someone324 - Jun 6

9 by GeoXsf9 »»
Jun 9, 9:00 AM

» New PV with theme song

Dbagas8 - Jun 6

12 by StyxParadise »»
Jun 6, 11:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.