Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 20, 2023 5:33 PM
Oct 2015
I noticed how the hard copy versions compiled in volumes are all in full colour, however if you go on some raws of online scans often they will have black and white sometimes,

did the original manga release as a black and white then get recoloured later?

or is it released in colour first,

also is this supposed to be finished? i heard the translations came long ago, why is it that only around 13 volumes are purchasable and we cant
' really find anything online, I know you can find the latest chapter online, but i found there has been no way to find anything below the latest chapter, the biggest missing part I can't find. is the manga parts not covered by the hard copy volumes, AND between the ones not available on the offical website.
so somewhere around chapter 80-110
May 20, 2023 5:53 PM

Feb 2012
The MAL volume count of 24 is for the Tankobon softcover releases which came before the larger Aizoban hardcover releases that the Vertical Inc. English translation is based on.

Since the hardcovers are about double the thickness, there's only 12 volumes for a 112 chapter manga.

All the printed releases contain black and white and whatever pages by Yasuhiko-sensei coloured himself, so to answer your question, it was like this first.

The digital releases have both the original coloured pages and digitally coloured pages.

I think the paid Bookwalker service has it all coloured and translated, but I'm not entirely sure.

ComicWalker, which is free, only has the first three chapters and chapter 111 (chapter 112 can be read now but the site considers it a separate manga called Mobile Suit Gundam:The Origin Special edition). They used to have every chapter up to the latest one at the time but they then put a time limit a couple of years ago.
Fortress_MaximusMay 20, 2023 5:58 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Chapter 14 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jul 28, 2013

2 by Lucifrost »»
Jul 26, 2023 1:14 PM

» I think zeon might actually be based on the soviet union.

Neostorm-X - May 31, 2023

1 by Neostorm-X »»
May 31, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Chapter 34 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Apr 28, 2014

2 by Neostorm-X »»
May 31, 2023 12:25 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Chapter 33 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 23, 2014

2 by Neostorm-X »»
May 31, 2023 11:58 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Chapter 11 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jul 27, 2013

6 by Neostorm-X »»
May 20, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.