Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 26, 2023 4:25 PM
Aug 2021
I’m curious to see why people who have played the game don’t like this season. I thought it was interesting that we get to see how the class interacted with each other prior to the second game as well as how they were able to escape the neo world program in the 2.5 ova (it left the game less open-ended to me which I really appreciate). I also liked how they went further in depth for Izuru’s backstory because I feel like it was kinda just randomly thrown into the game. All in all I think this season added a lot of interesting information to the game so I’m just curious what you guys think. 
Mar 26, 2023 4:47 PM

Nov 2011
probably chiyaki fans
Mar 26, 2023 4:51 PM
Aug 2022
why ??? I think it's the best season in the hole serie of danganronpa !
Mar 26, 2023 4:53 PM
Aug 2021
MidoFortune said:
probably chiyaki fans

Yeah that’d make sense lol
Mar 26, 2023 4:59 PM
Dec 2019
my guess is people watched both seasons separately
Mar 26, 2023 6:37 PM
Dec 2022
I think it’s more bc of the ur supposed to switch off every episode. I just watched ep 1 watched the whole other one then finished. Also bc u can’t watch s2 u have to play the game so ppl are confused what’s happening
Mar 26, 2023 6:37 PM
Dec 2022
MidoFortune said:
probably chiyaki fans

If your talking abt the girl that plays video games yes that was too 10 saddest deaths I’ve seen
Mar 26, 2023 6:42 PM

Nov 2011
King_Javon said:
MidoFortune said:
probably chiyaki fans

If your talking abt the girl that plays video games yes that was too 10 saddest deaths I’ve seen

now if you play V3 you might hate the whole series like me... no spoilers but, if what happens at the end of it is the truth... it might ruin the whole series for you as it did for me... even the gamer girl... some would disagree though.
Mar 26, 2023 6:43 PM
Dec 2022
MidoFortune said:
King_Javon said:

now if you play V3 you might hate the whole series like me... no spoilers but, if what happens at the end of it is the truth... it might ruin the whole series for you as it did for me... even the gamer girl... some would disagree though.

I mean it didn’t ruin it for me but I didn’t want her to die. Show wasn’t that special but it was a good watch
Mar 26, 2023 6:49 PM

Nov 2011
King_Javon said:
MidoFortune said:

I mean it didn’t ruin it for me but I didn’t want her to die. Show wasn’t that special but it was a good watch

I don't think you understood me... DRV3 is not DR3. it feels like it's its own thing until the ending which makes it a sequel for DR3. I don't want to spoil it though.
Mar 26, 2023 7:07 PM
Aug 2021
I didn't like how they went about turning the students into the Despairs. When I played the game, I thought that the show would be focused on how junko manipulated each of them personally into despair. When she just used chiakis death to brainwash them it felt really cheap. Like I wanted to see how the ultimates could fall so far based on their own choices and mistakes, but the the show was like, nope, they're brainwashed now so it doesn't really matter how they fell into despair because they never had a choice anyways.
Mar 26, 2023 7:48 PM
Feb 2023
it was actually great, the opening is good
Mar 26, 2023 8:07 PM
May 2020
People disliked that the anime essentially turned in what was suggested to have been Junko manipulating each person of class 76 into falling into despair into just a big all of them where hypnotized all at once. And people just hated the entire hypnotized thing in the first place. I personally like it as it wouldn’t make sense to be able to take over these people so much individually
Mar 26, 2023 9:16 PM
Nov 2021
I still like this seoson the story itself seem good to me.
Mar 26, 2023 9:28 PM

Aug 2020
Because they diluted the whole plot of Danganronpa. That the mastermind that brought the whole world to ruin, Junko has charisma/influence so high that she convinced a large amount of the population to be her army and worship her philosphy. Instead of that, it was "oh, we just hypnotised a class of Ultimates and now they are agents of chaos, plus one sleeper agent."

You can see how underwhelming that is, no?
RobertsahDHDAMar 26, 2023 9:32 PM
Keep scrolling
Mar 26, 2023 9:44 PM

Aug 2020
MidoFortune said:
King_Javon said:

I don't think you understood me... DRV3 is not DR3. it feels like it's its own thing until the ending which makes it a sequel for DR3. I don't want to spoil it though.
Yea V3 was a mess. Like, even if you ignored the whole meta narrative, the story by itself is still all in all pointless. And then the final scene is just vague and makes you feel even more empty. I dont know how the majority of Danganronpa fans praise the game's story or characters at all considering the main plot twist explaining their backgrounds makes everything that happened before the last trial pointless.
Keep scrolling
Mar 26, 2023 10:27 PM

Nov 2011
RobertsahDHDA said:
MidoFortune said:

Yea V3 was a mess. Like, even if you ignored the whole meta narrative, the story by itself is still all in all pointless. And then the final scene is just vague and makes you feel even more empty. I dont know how the majority of Danganronpa fans praise the game's story or characters at all considering the main plot twist explaining their backgrounds makes everything that happened before the last trial pointless.

And by everything that includes everything. Every Danganronpa interpretation is nulled if we to believe that ending which you also said it was left vague. The twist is great and all but, for me DR series was all about the characters. every student I loved as my child and even the ones I didn't care about grew onto me the more I got to know them and then the author decided that it was okay to make it all null and void.
Mar 26, 2023 11:22 PM

Mar 2021
Honestly speaking, I've only seen people liking this anime and hating the Future Arc but as a long Danganronpa (game) fan I've realised both of them are for people who don't wanna go through 32 hours of SDRA2 (Super Danganronpa 2) and Danganronpa 3 (anime) can also act as a sequel to the game

i also initially hated it due to the fact that they cut a lot of points from the first game's animation too and DRA3 is straight up just a new story with new characters which aren't even in the game
AkcofficialMar 26, 2023 11:25 PM

If you think

Danganronpa character voice in English is better than Japanese

Please Get Some Help

Mar 27, 2023 4:32 AM
Sep 2020
MidoFortune said:
King_Javon said:

V3 is one of my all time favorite games. Ending was amazing.
Mar 27, 2023 10:01 AM
May 2020
RobertsahDHDA said:
MidoFortune said:

Except it wasn’t pointless. Vague? Ye. Pointless? No. It kept it in the air of whether or not what tsumugi said was the truth or a lie, showed that even if it wasn’t a lie the characters would still live in the lie as their truth and continue on to defeat Danganronpa, showing they’re more than what the fictional characters they where written as was, and showed that Kodaka loved the series but didn’t want to run it into the ground.
Mar 27, 2023 11:18 AM
Sep 2016
1 cuz of A lot of odd things that are Questionable regarding the Danganronpa games (THH, goodbye despair, Ultra Despair Girls etc) and 2 Mukuro Ikusaba is NOT a simp for Junko Enoshima in the Danganronpa light novels IF and Danganronpa Zero.. but at least it shows how the biggest most awful most tragic event in human history occurs prior to Trigger Happy Havoc
Mar 28, 2023 5:28 AM
Jul 2013
bcs it sucks
this sucked so hard it almost ruined the franchise for me
nothing about it makes sense and it's filled with plot holes
ffs they need to kill each other bcs of a poison bracelet???? can't 3 people cut off their arms and save the rest? hell even if they all cut off their arms it's better than killing randomly, but I decided to ignore such a glaring plot hole and try to enjoy the rest, then after all died someone cuts off his arm to save nagisa, I mean wtf

Junko really could copy the brainwashing by watching the video, the idea of brainwashing videos was extreme but an ultimate talent was believable, but for Junko to copy it so easily is ridiculous, I get she was a genius but ultimate talents aren't this cheap to be copied easily

the most annoying part that turned my stomach was them using "despair" as a synonym for chaos, it just shows the writer didn't understand jack shit about the real Danganronpa and Junko, about hope vs despair

let's not forget how they cheapened junko's ultimate despair and had her use hypnotism to inflict despair upon others, the person whom just interacting with supposed to be dangerous used some cheap method as hypnotism sigh......

there's also the stupid ass first killing game among the seniors they show and many other things
Mar 28, 2023 5:29 AM
Jul 2013
Dublis91 said:
MidoFortune said:

V3 is one of my all time favorite games. Ending was amazing.

a man with great taste here
u can judge whether a person understands the stories he watches or not by his opinions on v3
Mar 28, 2023 5:31 AM
Jul 2013
King_Javon said:
I think it’s more bc of the ur supposed to switch off every episode. I just watched ep 1 watched the whole other one then finished. Also bc u can’t watch s2 u have to play the game so ppl are confused what’s happening

I watched alternatively and it was still trash
watch order doesn't negate the glaring plot holes
it's like the new jeans where it's mostly holes
this season was worse than boruto
and chiaki's death here was so pointless
her death in d2 is really sad though
Mar 29, 2023 8:40 AM
Aug 2022
it felt unnecessary and made stuff worse
made chiaki a less interesting character.

and the future arc did dumb stuff at the end. it was all pretty dumb
Mar 29, 2023 11:29 AM

Oct 2018
I watched, made no sense. Then I watched YouTube playthroughs of DR2, watched again. Made even les sense. New characters were basically unmemorable. There is what they did to Chiaki. (And not enough Monokuma.)

To whoever mentioned NDRV3, I want an NDRV3 anime.
Mar 30, 2023 1:49 AM
May 2021
MidoFortune said:
probably chiyaki fans

i love chiaki but honestly the fact chiaki was real was better to me than her just being solely a program tbh, its sad she died but I think thats better than never having existed

hajime and chiaki are both my favourite characters and I felt this story gave them both some more dignity in their stories and made me love them even nore.
Mar 31, 2023 11:08 AM
Aug 2021
Angelixa_ said:
MidoFortune said:
probably chiyaki fans

i love chiaki but honestly the fact chiaki was real was better to me than her just being solely a program tbh, its sad she died but I think thats better than never having existed

hajime and chiaki are both my favourite characters and I felt this story gave them both some more dignity in their stories and made me love them even nore.

I agree with you on the whole Chiaki situation. I do find it kind of weird that they just completely changed her storyline but I liked it better in the anime than the game.
Mar 31, 2023 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
It definitely feels very bland. Before DR3 I was fairly convinced that the zany aesthetics and intoxicating feel of Danganronpa was a mask for a much more serious series about manipulation and death. After watching DR3 and how everyone was 'brainwashed' and the advent of Izuru (the backstory was unsatisfying imo) it feels like the creators just decided to throw plot points out in very predictable, dumbed-down ways. Not to mention Junko, who seemed like an interesting and enigmatic character in DR1/DR2, is not presented in a very interesting way in DR3. She is evil for the sake of evil, and that's it lmao? It feels underwhelming.
Don't get me wrong I love DR1/DR2/DRV3, but the accompanying anime just aren't that fun or memorable.
Apr 11, 2023 10:27 AM
Dec 2022
MidoFortune said:
King_Javon said:

V3 didn’t ruin the whole series for me… the whole point of that ending is that it’s left to interpretation. Even if the ending wasn’t what I expected and changed a lot of things, I still enjoyed the journey so the ending didn’t ruin it for me. But that’s a topic for another thread, and I know plenty of ppl are gonna disagree with me no matter what.
Apr 12, 2023 4:08 PM
Aug 2021
MarioSonic24601 said:
MidoFortune said:

V3 didn’t ruin the whole series for me… the whole point of that ending is that it’s left to interpretation. Even if the ending wasn’t what I expected and changed a lot of things, I still enjoyed the journey so the ending didn’t ruin it for me. But that’s a topic for another thread, and I know plenty of ppl are gonna disagree with me no matter what.

No I agree with you completely. I actually liked the ending a lot.
Aug 30, 2023 10:07 AM
Dec 2021
I have a personal opinion on this one. I was hyped as i really thought despair arc was gonna be much better than the future arc which was already quite good, so this meant hype from my perspective. Also we can pretty much say this is the most important piece of story of Danganronpa in the whole series (despair arc) which contains the whole truth of the story of Danganronpa (the past).

As regards the start (first 6 episodes) i would say it was really consistent and fun to watch, it took its time to leave a good impression to me. However, the 2nd part (other 6 eps) that was the real thing, Kamakura lore and junko came as fast as no anime could.

To describe this part it would come as this: A mess.
From my point of view it's something funny, it's like everything went to who knows where from one point of the story, and started to speed up everything, resulting in THE ACTUAL INCIDENT of the story regarding the main students and reserve students, the whole thing in 1 DAY! Kamakura being helped by junko and chiaki's death felt literally the most unrealistic thing that has happened yet in this franchise, it was way too much and one thing after the other.

To summarize, yes, i agree with the rating, I'd give it a bit less because it's really disappointing to have a rush explanation like this, it feels wrong or even bad to watch this and know that this is real and not a fan made past written by a 10 year old. My pov is, from ep 7 the story ended up being a literal bad written fiction of Danganronpa, which i really hate because, as i said, it's the most important part of the whole series.
Aug 30, 2023 10:09 AM
Dec 2021
WelcomeNyaster said:
It definitely feels very bland. Before DR3 I was fairly convinced that the zany aesthetics and intoxicating feel of Danganronpa was a mask for a much more serious series about manipulation and death. After watching DR3 and how everyone was 'brainwashed' and the advent of Izuru (the backstory was unsatisfying imo) it feels like the creators just decided to throw plot points out in very predictable, dumbed-down ways. Not to mention Junko, who seemed like an interesting and enigmatic character in DR1/DR2, is not presented in a very interesting way in DR3. She is evil for the sake of evil, and that's it lmao? It feels underwhelming.
Don't get me wrong I love DR1/DR2/DRV3, but the accompanying anime just aren't that fun or memorable.

I agree with your junko point, they also kind of ruin completely the interesting factor she had before in DR THH (1)
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Jul 2022
Can someone pinpoint me which 2016 Danganropa I watch next?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

255 by KSkillmyself »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:29 PM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2016

248 by MizuhoKamui »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.