Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 6, 2023 12:27 PM
Sep 2021
just completed fate ubw. Should I watch fate zero now? Or movie triology. I am more interested in  movie. Should I go first for movie? . Will there be any problem if I watch fate zero in end? 
Feb 6, 2023 12:33 PM

Jul 2020
Doesnt matter which of those you watch first I think

Feb 6, 2023 12:33 PM
Oct 2020
movies first because fate zero says a spoiler of the films
Feb 6, 2023 12:34 PM

Jan 2017
Amit7 said:
Will there be any problem if I watch fate zero in end? 

Not at all , it's even how you are supposed to experience the franchise , Zero in last.
Just go for the Heaven's Feel Trilogy.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 6, 2023 12:39 PM
Oct 2020
Heavens Feel Movies before Zero!

Trust me.

If you don’t believe me check the Official Viewing Order Guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/df8rvo/rfatestaynights_official_viewing_order_guide_v2/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Zero will spoil nearly all the plot twists in Heavens Feel, which is why it’s recommended to watch it last.
Feb 6, 2023 12:42 PM
Feb 2022
heaven trilogy zero later then movies cant get lost it is not that convuluted when you think about it
Feb 6, 2023 12:48 PM
Apr 2020
Amit7 said:
just completed fate ubw. Should I watch fate zero now? Or movie triology. I am more interested in  movie. Should I go first for movie? . Will there be any problem if I watch fate zero in end? 

why didn't you watch zero first
Feb 6, 2023 1:09 PM

Jul 2022
Amit7 said:

Movies then Zero...

Feb 6, 2023 2:25 PM
Sep 2019
I personally watched Zero first. I don't know how Zero spoils UBW or HF but anyway... I think it's more logical from a chronological point of view to watch Zero first, then UBW then Heaven's Feel. Zero introduces the holy war and the UBW characters in their younger days
Feb 6, 2023 3:45 PM
Jan 2022
Cestlavie_ said:
MaxAkumax said:
I personally watched Zero first. I don't know how Zero spoils UBW or HF but anyway... I think it's more logical from a chronological point of view to watch Zero first, then UBW then Heaven's Feel. Zero introduces the holy war and the UBW characters in their younger days

Zero spoils the whole franchise
watching Zero first is like watching the Roger backstory Before starting the first episode of One Piece or watching the Marley backstory before AOT

I started with zero and it made some things more understandable and I don't consider most of these things as a spoiler but more like forshadowing. thus i could get into characters development much more and I don't regret it. However you should watch movies if you started ubw.
Feb 6, 2023 4:05 PM

Jan 2021
Dziker said:
Cestlavie_ said:

watching Zero first is like watching the Roger backstory Before starting the first episode of One Piece or watching the Marley backstory before AOT

I started with zero and it made some things more understandable and I don't consider most of these things as a spoiler but more like forshadowing. thus i could get into characters development much more and I don't regret it. However you should watch movies if you started ubw.

it aint close to being a foreshadowing, its straight up spoilers
fsn is a slowburn mystery story
Mystery A is never revealed until halfway of one of the routes
while in Zero Mystery A is revealed 10 minutes into episode 1
Mystery B is properly revealed at the very end in fsn
in zero its straight up the first scene
Read the visual novel nerd
Feb 6, 2023 4:07 PM
Jan 2022
Now im getting clueless can you name those mysteries with spoilers
Feb 6, 2023 4:49 PM
Mar 2019
I would watch in release order. Fate/Zero got released first and also happens before UBW or the Movies. It even helps you understand the start of the story easier because the Movies skip some plot in the beginning. Trust me bro, watch Fate/Zero. In Fate/Zero the Storyboard director was even someone else. So it shouldn't be a problem. It helps to see the prequel first but the sequels aren't following 100% the same storyline.
Feb 6, 2023 5:21 PM
Nov 2022
salad_farded said:
Dziker said:

I don’t know what you mean, what mystery does fate zero spoil? I personally watched the the fate series in chronological order (fate zero, fate stay night UBW/fate stay night HF) and had no issues. The only thing Fate Zero kind of spoils is kotomine, but that’s Fate Zero giving context
Feb 6, 2023 5:30 PM
Dec 2021
Amit7 said:

Fate/Zero is the prequel of the 3 routes
Feb 6, 2023 5:43 PM

Jan 2021
Rankirin said:
salad_farded said:

I don’t know what you mean, what mystery does fate zero spoil? I personally watched the the fate series in chronological order (fate zero, fate stay night UBW/fate stay night HF) and had no issues. The only thing Fate Zero kind of spoils is kotomine, but that’s Fate Zero giving context
Read the visual novel nerd
Feb 6, 2023 6:13 PM
Jun 2021
There is no need, you should go watch My Stepmom’s Daughter is my EX or something. Yes, those who watch ubw before zero are deserving of this. [ ] as you is not worthy enough to witness rest of this magnificent series as on first step you have infested whole palace with smut.
///
Feb 6, 2023 8:41 PM
Apr 2021
TasteOfRage8 said:
Amit7 said:

That’s like asking why didn’t you watch the Star Wars prequels first.
Feb 6, 2023 10:29 PM
Feb 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
MaxAkumax said:

no similarities.
Feb 7, 2023 1:00 AM

Jan 2017
Meteorc said:
Fate/Zero got released first and also happens before UBW or the Movies. It even helps you understand the start of the story easier because the Movies skip some plot in the beginning

Fate/Zero wasn't released first.

The Novel came out 2 whole years after the Visual Novel , and the Anime 5 years after the 2006 Anime.
As for UBW and Heaven's Feel , they came out after Zero because of how the industry works , it have absolutely nothing to do with the watch order.

And the Movies skipped the early plot because it already was shown 2 times before. (Same reason as to why the character development of Saber is reduced to a simple flashback in UBW)

EmirDuja said:
no similarities.

That's exactly the same tho.
You watch a Prequel explaining and showing how the Main Story got here before the actual Story...
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 7, 2023 2:43 AM
Aug 2017
Do what you want don't worry too much
Feb 7, 2023 9:34 AM
Mar 2021
It's fate, there is no right way to watch it
Feb 7, 2023 8:03 PM
Apr 2020
joukio said:
TasteOfRage8 said:

there's nothing wrong with starting zero first bruh lmao
Feb 8, 2023 1:40 AM

Jan 2017
samthestan said:

There is , Zero fans just loves to confuse everyone.

TasteOfRage8 said:

Of course it is , you spoil yourself like 80% of the twists of the 3 Routes...
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 8, 2023 8:20 AM
Oct 2022
I watched Zero first, and i really enjoyed it. Actually i was a bit confused at the first, but if you already saw Unlimited Blade Works, than i recommend the Haven's Feel trilogy, because the Zero isn't do much befor the Haven's Feel, and you can enjoy it perfectly (actually i really recommend zero before Unlimited Blade Works, but if you didn't, you didn't it doesn't matter).
And once again, in my opinion you should just watch the trilogy, and than Zero.
Feb 8, 2023 3:09 PM
Apr 2020
Alexioos95 said:
samthestan said:

There is , Zero fans just loves to confuse everyone.

TasteOfRage8 said:

Of course it is , you spoil yourself like 80% of the twists of the 3 Routes...

not at all. I started zero first, finished UBW, and all the heavens feel movies. Starting zero first didn't make any difference in how I consumed it.
Feb 8, 2023 8:07 PM
Apr 2021
TasteOfRage8 said:
joukio said:

There is because it spoils lots of things for unlimited blade works. It’s exactly why you watch the Star Wars prequels after the 4 5 and 6. It’s not that hard to understand
Feb 9, 2023 10:03 AM

Jan 2017
TasteOfRage8 said:
Starting zero first didn't make any difference in how I consumed it.

Because you didn't realized it...
You already knew all the secrets of the characters even before their first apparition in the 3 Routes.
Fate/Stay Night being a Slow-burn Mystery Series , all there is left to like after that is the flashy fights of Ufotable.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 9, 2023 11:02 AM

Oct 2022
Feels like you should be watching Fate/Zero first before any of them. UBW isn't that good. It's the weakest of all of them imo. You can skip Prisma Illya
Feb 9, 2023 2:04 PM

Aug 2020
Listen. Idk what these guys are saying but i used this thing called common sense which looks like these people don’t have and it seems like I understood everything in the series. First is fate zero bc rin and Sakura are young, also shirou but I don’t wanna sa anything due to spoilers. Then it’s ubw or heavens feel bc Rin, sakura, and shirou are older.
Feb 9, 2023 8:38 PM
Apr 2020
Alexioos95 said:
TasteOfRage8 said:
Starting zero first didn't make any difference in how I consumed it.

Because you didn't realized it...
You already knew all the secrets of the characters even before their first apparition in the 3 Routes.
Fate/Stay Night being a Slow-burn Mystery Series , all there is left to like after that is the flashy fights of Ufotable.

yet it doesn't change how much I enjoyed it lol. Whatever way I start it is how I'm gonna enjoy it even if some people think it's wrong or I was "spoiled" for other parts. this show has such mix reviews on how to start, people telling you this and that is all confusing as a first time watcher since you don't actually know if you're starting it properly or not. zero is a perfectly fine starting point.
Feb 9, 2023 8:39 PM
Apr 2020
joukio said:
TasteOfRage8 said:

There is because it spoils lots of things for unlimited blade works. It’s exactly why you watch the Star Wars prequels after the 4 5 and 6. It’s not that hard to understand

Great and I'll worry about being spoiled. Regardless I started how I wanted to and enjoyed it all the same.
Feb 9, 2023 9:40 PM

Jan 2017
TasteOfRage8 said:
yet it doesn't change how much I enjoyed it lol.

You did enjoyed it , but most probably less than you would have if you had watched it in the proper order.

As someone said above in the thread , starting with Zero is the same as starting One Piece with the flashback of Roger , or the basement reveal in Shingeki no Kyojin.
It wouldn't kill all the enjoyement , but it would drastically reduce it , as you know everything there is to know... (Especially since those 3 series are Slow-burn Mysteries)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 9, 2023 9:48 PM
Apr 2020
Alexioos95 said:
TasteOfRage8 said:
yet it doesn't change how much I enjoyed it lol.

You did enjoyed it , but most probably less than you would have if you had watched it in the proper order.

As someone said above in the thread , starting with Zero is the same as starting One Piece with the flashback of Roger , or the basement reveal in Shingeki no Kyojin.
It wouldn't kill all the enjoyement , but it would drastically reduce it , as you know everything there is to know... (Especially since those 3 series are Slow-burn Mysteries)

we'll never know now will we.
Feb 10, 2023 8:09 AM
May 2022
Watch 0 first. It gets referenced a lot in Heavens Feel
Feb 10, 2023 9:39 AM

Jan 2017
AkiraMiyazaki17 said:
Watch 0 first. It gets referenced a lot in Heavens Feel

It's the other way around , it's the 3 Routes who are referenced in Zero.
Actually , almost half of Zero is directly taken from flashbacks/discussions of characters in the 3 Routes.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 4, 2023 8:12 PM

Oct 2021
Only a fool would suggest Zero first before reading all 3 routes of the original visual novel. Legitimately there is no way to properly enjoy this story without reading the visual novel so if you don't want to read it then maybe Fate and Type-Moon as a whole isn't for you. Every anime adaption of Fate/Stay Night is wildly incomplete and should be taken as a companion to the visual novel, not as a substitute.

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.