Forum Settings
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 9, 2022 7:07 AM

Apr 2020
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER/VOLUME.
----------------------------------------

ahh not so high but not so low
it was interesting to see that part of humanity is siding with ariel in their own destruction
everything went bit easily i heard from WN readers that WN ending was ruthless
D strikes deal with Shiraori

happy ending for everyone
it was such a great series to read , i was so fascinated by its world building ,system and stats were involved in every series but damn kumo takes thing further and exploits it greatly

great to read
Jul 1, 2023 6:22 PM

May 2012
Finally the end of this Light Novel.

I can say for sure that i loved reading this one. I started reading it after watching the episode 10 of the anime and i found the LN waaaay better (no surprises here) and i even re-read most of the volumes from 1 to 12.

I enjoyed so much how the game aspect was done. Kumoko fought her way up (sometimes down) while discovering new skills and becoming stronger and stronger. She wasn't OP by any means in the beginning and had to work very hard to get at the point where she was a powerhouse. Not only this this is truly game like (in most RPGs you start very weak, but can become op latter), but also this is different from the Isekai trend of OP characters with OP powers having no difficulty in their new life.

Unfortunately i can't say i like how things have ended. I don't like the whole word quest thing, i don't like how that world went back to be a "normal world" without all the stats and stuff like that and i don't like how White was forced to stay way from the demon lord before her end.

I also dislike how D simply resolved everything. That was so anti-climatic. I was begging for her to not listen to Shun and simply send then back and let White resolve everything, but i knew it wouldn't be like that. D had already meddle with everything with the world quest and the fact that she basically invited them to teleport to her place showed that she would do something about the whole thing. It wouldn't make sense for her to meet with them just to send then back without doing a thing. If she were to do that then instead she could have simply not allowed them to reach her.

I don't actually feel satisfied with this end, but i saw that the web novel has ended and fortunately translated to the very end. So now i'm going to see how different the web novel is.

If someone wants the links for the web novel just message me.
KaeUBWSep 29, 2023 11:01 AM
I despise woke people.
Jul 9, 2023 12:12 AM

Dec 2013
I can't believe that it's really over. I'm going to miss this series.

It was an ok ending. Things went in a different direction than I expected which I didn't like at first but it turned out better than I expected. The truth that D was actually the evil god did actually make a lot of sense which make it a lot easier to accept.

I appreciate that we got pov chapters for pretty much everyone. Even if it reduced the amount of focus on White and her battles.

I wished the final battle against D had White and Güliedistodiez a bit more involved but it was still a cool battle.

I didn't like how White was forced to become D's maid but I guess that was unavoidable considering D's interest in White and I wish we got a little more of an epilogue instead of brief summaries.

This was still an enjoyable ride.
Jul 13, 2023 5:24 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I'm gonna miss Whites' own dialogues or whatever you might wanna call it. I really enjoyed reading her parts in this light novel. Totally worth buying all 16 of them. 
However, I did not like Schlain. Why are "heroes" always like that. Glory to demons and death to heroes is my way of going.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Aug 21, 2023 1:56 PM
Oct 2017
KaeUBW said:
Finally the end of this Light Novel.

I can say for sure that greatly enjoyed reading this one. I started reading it after episode 10 or something and i found the LN waaaay better (no surprises here) and  i even re-read  most of the volumes from 1 to 12.

I enjoyed so much how the game aspect was done. Kumoko fought her way while discovering new skills and becoming stronger and stronger. She wasn't OP by any means in the beginning and had to work very hard to get at the point where she was powerhouse. Not only this this is truly game like (in most RPGs you start very weak, but can become op latter), but also this is different from the Isekai trend of OP characters with OP powers having no difficulty in their new life.

Unfortunately i can't say i like how things have ended. I don't like the whole word quest thing, i don't like how that world went back to be a "normal world" without all the stats and stuff like that and i don't like how White was forced to stay way from the demon lord before her end.

I also dislike how D simply resolved everything. That was so anti-climatic I begging for her to not listen to Shun and simply send then back and let White resolve everything, but i knew it wouldn't be like that. D had already meddle with everything with the world quest and the fact that she basically invited the to teleport to her place showed that she would do something about the whole thing. I wouldn't make sense for her to meet with them just to send then back without doing a thing. If she were to do that then could have simply not allowed them to reach her.

I don't actually feel satisfied with this end, but i saw read that the web novel end it was fortunately translated to the very end. So now i'm going to see how different the web novel is.

If someone wants the links for the web novel just message me.
Can you link me the Web Novel?
Aug 21, 2023 2:55 PM

May 2012
@InitialSaucer98

Sure, i'll message the links to you.
I despise woke people.
Sep 18, 2023 5:18 AM

Feb 2012
As expected, Yamada's actions really ended up ruining things. I had higher expectations for the fight between Guli and White, but oh well. Overall, it wasn't a great ending, although it was decent. As others have mentioned, it felt anticlimactic.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Oct 2, 2023 11:31 PM

Jun 2013
Guess I'll throw my hat into the ring.

I just read through all of the light novel, and overall I had a good time with it. White's PoV was always the star of the story, and it was a bit disappointing that we barley got any of it at the end. A handful of the side character's PoV this novel was a little slow and boring to get through, but overall I thought the build up to the end worked well.

Like others have echoed, I would have loved to have more emphasis put into the fight between White and Black. All we needed was to have a few intermissions where we returned to the fight to see Black getting powered up by the prayers of humanity, or White slowly getting her footing and turning from defense to offense. Nothing major was needed. It would have been nice to get Black's PoV during the fight at any point as well.

But let's talk about that ending...

I'm fine with how the events turned out, but the pacing in which it happened was horrendous. It felt kind of obvious that White was going to jump into the fray at the last second to fight D and save the side characters, but for that to happen in the span of a couple of pages, and then just immediately end the conflict and send off all the characters sentences later is disappointing.

White literally spent half of the entire series working towards a specific goal, and when she achieves it there is absolutely no closure. There's no time spent on basking in the victory, no time spent to say good bye to Ariel, no time spent exploring any interaction with Sariel. White teleports in, swings at D a few times, D says she wins, then everyone teleports away moments later and White never sees any of them again. WTF?

It was a fun series, but holy that ending took the wind out of my sails. But I guess it's very in character for White. Nai Waa~
Feb 4, 4:13 PM
Dec 2015
After anime i decided to read LN and start from very begging at the star it was very fun to read until aroun 13 i guess . And then things got changed dramatically . Probably author couldnt give what he wanted to give. Every volume just lowered my interest rate on the series. And i was finally anle to read thelast book and as expected it was a disappointment. I mean it wasnt bad but didnt give what it could've and felt kinda rushed? Still in general its was a enjoyable series not so big dissatisfied for final either. 6/10

More topics from this board

» Is vol.16 ending really bad?

nguyenduyhoangb - Sep 7, 2022

8 by talortoo »»
Apr 22, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? Volume 10 Discussion

NaughtySempai - Jul 14, 2021

4 by perfumegenius »»
Apr 11, 9:41 AM

» Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? Volume 8 Discussion

duderus - Jun 15, 2020

4 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Mar 2, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? Volume 15 Discussion

NaughtySempai - Nov 28, 2022

3 by anthi-light »»
Sep 13, 2023 11:39 AM

» The party's travel speed

MaWat - Jul 28, 2023

2 by Nebus789 »»
Jul 28, 2023 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.