Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 2, 2022 11:17 PM
Feb 2021
So now that the backstory for Pucci is animated I hope the debate about his race ends. I really hate telling people that Pucci isn’t black. It would’ve been really cool if he was but that’s not what is displayed in the story. He’s just a darker skin Italian man.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 3, 2022 12:08 AM
Feb 2021
Bro, i think you missed a part where, why weather report was beaten to death in flashback because his father was black
Dec 3, 2022 12:25 AM
Feb 2021
Bhavya7 said:
Bro, i think you missed a part where, why weather report was beaten to death in flashback because his father was black

I think you missed the part where that was his “adoptive” father because weather was stolen as a baby. Pucci and Weather’s parents are both Italian. Pucci is a dark skin Italian. Plus of Pucci was black then why didn’t the kkk just beat him up the moment he approached them?
Dec 3, 2022 10:12 AM
Sep 2021
imagine caring what race the protagonists and antagonists are
Dec 3, 2022 10:26 AM
Mar 2018
FallenChomp said:
So now that the backstory for Pucci is animated I hope the debate about his race ends. I really hate telling people that Pucci isn’t black. It would’ve been really cool if he was but that’s not what is displayed in the story. He’s just a darker skin Italian man.

Go back to Twitter and fuck off, seriously
Dec 3, 2022 10:38 AM
Feb 2021
MissAnybody10 said:

Well seeing that the race of Weather and Pucci actually matter in their backstory it’s kinda important thing to discuss and get the facts straight.
Dec 3, 2022 10:40 AM
Sep 2021
FallenChomp said:
MissAnybody10 said:

Well seeing that the race of Weather and Pucci actually matter in their backstory it’s kinda important thing to discuss and get the facts straight.

imagine caring THAT much tho cringe
Dec 3, 2022 10:43 AM
Feb 2021
MissAnybody10 said:
FallenChomp said:

imagine caring THAT much tho cringe

I’m just trying to not let misinformation spread about JoJo. There is so many things spread about JoJo that isn’t actually true that it’s stupid.
Dec 3, 2022 11:46 AM
Jul 2022
Bhavya7 said:

Mans literally did not watch the episode
Dec 3, 2022 12:15 PM
Oct 2020
FallenChomp said:
Bhavya7 said:

I think you missed the part where that was his “adoptive” father because weather was stolen as a baby. Pucci and Weather’s parents are both Italian. Pucci is a dark skin Italian. Plus of Pucci was black then why didn’t the kkk just beat him up the moment he approached them?

That’s a misconception. Weather was beaten by the kkk because he was presumed to be mixed. Not because his adoptive father was black. If his adoptive mother was also black, they probably wouldn’t have beaten him. So pucci wouldn’t be attacked regardless of skin colour or race. Araki hasn’t said if pucci’s skin colour is a tan or if he’s a person of colour iirc, so I’d say it’s stupid to pick a side here. Unless the word of god is given, stop caring about it. Just believe what you want to believe and move on. This is such a non-issue.
Dec 3, 2022 12:49 PM
Feb 2021
He was presumed mixed because his adoptive father was black. They don’t know his adoptive father is his adoptive father because as I said he was stolen as a baby. Everyone thinks he is his biological father. Pucci’s family is Italian. They are dark skinned Italians.
Dec 3, 2022 12:53 PM
Feb 2021
EmmyMoomin said:
FallenChomp said:

That’s a misconception. Weather was beaten by the kkk because he was presumed to be mixed. Not because his adoptive father was black. If his adoptive mother was also black, they probably wouldn’t have beaten him. So pucci wouldn’t be attacked regardless of skin colour or race. Araki hasn’t said if pucci’s skin colour is a tan or if he’s a person of colour iirc, so I’d say it’s stupid to pick a side here. Unless the word of god is given, stop caring about it. Just believe what you want to believe and move on. This is such a non-issue.

He was presumed mixed because his adoptive father was black. They don’t know his adoptive father is his adoptive father because as I said he was stolen as a baby. Everyone thinks he is his biological father. Pucci’s family is Italian. They are dark skinned Italians.
Dec 3, 2022 12:58 PM

Apr 2020
FallenChomp said:
EmmyMoomin said:

You know black people can be Italian, right...? Like I'm assuming you're a white American. I shouldn't have to explain the hypocrisy there.
Dec 3, 2022 1:01 PM
Oct 2020
FallenChomp said:
EmmyMoomin said:

I just said that his parents are adoptive ones. Pay attention, man. If both of weathers adoptive parents were black, they wouldn’t have attacked him, and the same obviously goes for if both were white too. It is only because weather is presumed to be mixed. No matter if pucci is tan or actually dark skinned, the kkk have no reason to attack him.
Dec 3, 2022 1:07 PM
Feb 2021
EmmyMoomin said:
FallenChomp said:

I just said that his parents are adoptive ones. Pay attention, man. If both of weathers adoptive parents were black, they wouldn’t have attacked him, and the same obviously goes for if both were white too. It is only because weather is presumed to be mixed. No matter if pucci is tan or actually dark skinned, the kkk have no reason to attack him.

They’re the KKK. They’re reason for attacking anyone is that they’re black. The KKK are a bunch of racist extremists that lynch black people because they’re black. They would’ve still lynched Weather. The fact they didn’t even consider Pucci as a target shows that can’t be black.
Dec 3, 2022 1:38 PM
Oct 2019
FallenChomp said:
Bhavya7 said:

no cause the man who decided to beat him up for having a black father was the man pucci talked with. so he knew they were brothers I think and even if not, it's said that he found out he had a black dad after he investigated deeply about weather so I think they meant he knows about weather being pucci's brother
Dec 3, 2022 1:49 PM
Feb 2021
MaRvElFaN69 said:
FallenChomp said:

no cause the man who decided to beat him up for having a black father was the man pucci talked with. so he knew they were brothers I think and even if not, it's said that he found out he had a black dad after he investigated deeply about weather so I think they meant he knows about weather being pucci's brother

They don’t know they’re related. Pucci is the only one who know that they are related.
Dec 3, 2022 1:50 PM
Feb 2021
Salty-GB said:
FallenChomp said:

You know black people can be Italian, right...? Like I'm assuming you're a white American. I shouldn't have to explain the hypocrisy there.

Except if Pucci was black the kkk, which he interacts with, would have attacked him. You do know as well there are dark skinned Italians that aren’t black. They’re just dark skinned/ tan.
Dec 3, 2022 1:57 PM

Apr 2020
FallenChomp said:
Salty-GB said:

Except if Pucci was black the kkk, which he interacts with, would have attacked him. You do know as well there are dark skinned Italians that aren’t black. They’re just dark skinned/ tan.

The KKK don't like dark skinned white people either, my dude... the racist AND xenophobic.
Dec 3, 2022 2:04 PM
Feb 2021
Salty-GB said:
FallenChomp said:

The KKK don't like dark skinned white people either, my dude... the racist AND xenophobic.

This is true. But the fact that his sister is blatantly called out to be white and they only have a problem with Weather, who is as white as snow, because his “adoptive” father was black points towards Pucci being accepted as white. The manga are in black and white and none of the colors in the colored manga are canon since they weren’t colored in by Araki.
Dec 3, 2022 3:23 PM
Jul 2019
FallenChomp said:
Bhavya7 said:

i agree, he technically isn't black, but your point still stands about the KKK not beating him up since I would assume the majority of people would assume he's black by looking at him.

there is an answer though, and it's actually pretty simple. he was paying them, so they didn't care. while with weather, they had no obligation to treat him nicely.
Dec 3, 2022 5:29 PM
Oct 2020
FallenChomp said:
EmmyMoomin said:

They’re the KKK. They’re reason for attacking anyone is that they’re black. The KKK are a bunch of racist extremists that lynch black people because they’re black. They would’ve still lynched Weather. The fact they didn’t even consider Pucci as a target shows that can’t be black.

His skin is dark. To a kkk member, pucci would be seen as a young black man. The kkk isn’t omnipotent. Much like how they think weather’s adoptive parents are his real parents, They would assume pucci is a black person regardless. So they would attack him no matter what if you’re right. The story is written in such a way that unless araki confirms one side or the other, it’s pointless to argue it. Thus it’s a non-issue as I said.
Dec 4, 2022 1:52 AM
Feb 2021
ReiganArataka said:
FallenChomp said:

i agree, he technically isn't black, but your point still stands about the KKK not beating him up since I would assume the majority of people would assume he's black by looking at him.

there is an answer though, and it's actually pretty simple. he was paying them, so they didn't care. while with weather, they had no obligation to treat him nicely.

I don’t think that answer would work unfortunately. The kkk wouldn’t even accept his money if they thought he was black.
Dec 4, 2022 2:00 AM
Feb 2021
EmmyMoomin said:
FallenChomp said:

His skin is dark. To a kkk member, pucci would be seen as a young black man. The kkk isn’t omnipotent. Much like how they think weather’s adoptive parents are his real parents, They would assume pucci is a black person regardless. So they would attack him no matter what if you’re right. The story is written in such a way that unless araki confirms one side or the other, it’s pointless to argue it. Thus it’s a non-issue as I said.

I would agree if they didn’t explicitly call out pucci’s sister as white. With the kkk member calling out that she is white that would mean he had to do a background check on her as well. Pucci and his sister have the same parents which would make him white as well. Weather looks as white as snow but they only think he’s mixed because they think he is related to his “adoptive” father.
Dec 4, 2022 2:12 AM

May 2009
Pucci is South Italian, south Italians are known to have African descent due to trading and royal history. Hence why I always assumed Pucci being atleast mixed, or being a descendant of the African Diaspora. I don’t feel like going in depth in this, but it’s known that South Italians are known to be occasionally in denial out regarding their black roots. What race Pucci is, is definitely left ambiguous due to his actions as a person vs his skin color and parental heritage. I feel like it was left like that intentional making you wonder if Pucci insecurity made him act up to side/hire the kkk. It could also be an overlook of Araki but I almost wanna count that one out as I don’t believe in the “Araki forgot” debacle. His skin color was brown just because he decided that, and whether he’s black to you, or white… I really doesn’t matter.

To me I enjoy to think he’s black, it makes the narrative a bit more interesting surrounding his actions throughout the late series
ShoryuukenDec 4, 2022 2:19 AM
Dec 4, 2022 2:24 AM
Oct 2020
FallenChomp said:
EmmyMoomin said:

I would agree if they didn’t explicitly call out pucci’s sister as white. With the kkk member calling out that she is white that would mean he had to do a background check on her as well. Pucci and his sister have the same parents which would make him white as well. Weather looks as white as snow but they only think he’s mixed because they think he is related to his “adoptive” father.

Again, they didn’t do that. They only investigated Weather. Even if they did investigate Perla more than, like, knowing what she looks like. They still wouldn’t have any reason to attack Pucci, given that he paid them. They didn’t attack Weather report’s adoptive parents either, despite knowing they race-mixed. Once again, until araki himself says if pucci is dark skinned or just tan, there’s no point saying definitively if it’s one way or the other. Doing so is just guesswork and bordering on fanfiction.
Dec 4, 2022 2:25 AM
Feb 2021
Shoryuuken said:
Pucci is South Italian, south Italians are known to have African descent due to trading and royal history. Hence why I always assumed Pucci being atleast mixed, or being a descendant of the African Diaspora. I don’t feel like going in depth in this, but it’s known that South Italians are known to be occasionally in denial out regarding their black roots. What race Pucci is, is definitely left ambiguous due to his actions as a person vs his skin color and parental heritage. I feel like it was left like that intentional making you wonder if Pucci insecurity made him act up to side/hire the kkk. It could also be an overlook of Araki but I almost wanna count that one out as I don’t believe in the “Araki forgot” debacle. His skin color was brown just because he decided that, and whether he’s black to you, or white… I really doesn’t matter.

To me I enjoy to think he’s black, it makes the narrative a bit more interesting surrounding his actions throughout the late series

This all correct information. But the thing is the white Moors who came from Africa and without out a doubt occupied southern Italy had Olivia toned skin. The same type of skin Pucci. I do not believe actual black Africans ever occupied southern Italy. Also we all have African ancestry.
FallenChompDec 4, 2022 2:47 AM
Dec 4, 2022 2:33 AM
Feb 2021
FallenChomp said:
Shoryuuken said:

This all correct information. But the thing is the white Moors who came from Africa and without out a doubt occupied southern Italy had Olivia toned skin. The same type of skin Pucci. I do not believe actual black Africans ever occupied southern Italy. Also we all have African ancestry.

I should clarify that even though they were called White Moors, that come from North Africa, actual look like very similar to Southern Europeans. Moors was a term they used to describe Muslims.
FallenChompDec 4, 2022 2:48 AM
Dec 4, 2022 3:00 AM
Feb 2021
EmmyMoomin said:
FallenChomp said:

Again, they didn’t do that. They only investigated Weather. Even if they did investigate Perla more than, like, knowing what she looks like. They still wouldn’t have any reason to attack Pucci, given that he paid them. They didn’t attack Weather report’s adoptive parents either, despite knowing they race-mixed. Once again, until araki himself says if pucci is dark skinned or just tan, there’s no point saying definitively if it’s one way or the other. Doing so is just guesswork and bordering on fanfiction.

It’s not guess work. Perla is white. They say this in the manga. Weather is white as well only presumed mixed by the kkk because of his “adoptive” father. Since Weather, Perla, and Pucci have the same parents, and Perla is said to be white, that means there parent are white as well. Unless Araki for some reason didn’t mention Perla has a different father from Weather and Pucci, they all have the same two parents. This makes Enrico Pucci white by what is said and shown in the manga/anime. This isn’t guess work. I’m using what is shown in the source material to make a logical inference on Pucci’s race.
Dec 4, 2022 3:09 AM
Oct 2020
FallenChomp said:
EmmyMoomin said:

It’s not guess work. Perla is white. They say this in the manga. Weather is white as well only presumed mixed by the kkk because of his “adoptive” father. Since Weather, Perla, and Pucci have the same parents, and Perla is said to be white, that means there parent are white as well. Unless Araki for some reason didn’t mention Perla has a different father from Weather and Pucci, they all have the same two parents. This makes Enrico Pucci white by what is said and shown in the manga/anime. This isn’t guess work. I’m using what is shown in the source material to make a logical inference on Pucci’s race.

You are claiming I’m saying that his adoptive parents are his real parents again. You should really stop that since I’ve never once said that.

Anyway. It is absolutely guesswork. There’s no decisive evidence going one way or the other, on top of what I, and other people have mentioned, there’s also the fact that we only know the pucci siblings’ nationality, and not their ethnicity. It’s never been stated.
Dec 4, 2022 3:22 AM
Feb 2021
EmmyMoomin said:
FallenChomp said:

You are claiming I’m saying that his adoptive parents are his real parents again. You should really stop that since I’ve never once said that.

Anyway. It is absolutely guesswork. There’s no decisive evidence going one way or the other, on top of what I, and other people have mentioned, there’s also the fact that we only know the pucci siblings’ nationality, and not their ethnicity. It’s never been stated.

I’ve never once claimed that you said his adoptive parents are his real parents.

It’s not guess work. I’ll list the evidence shown in the manga. Pucci and Weather are twins. In the manga Perla and Enrico’s parents are shown to be white. Weather was stolen and raised by another woman at birth. His “adoptive” mother eventually married a black man. This is the man the detective assumed was Weathers real father. Pucci is that only one who knows that Weather is his biological brother. The detective during the attempted lynching state that Perla is white. With these points you can then make a logical inference that Enrico Pucci is white with tan skin.
Dec 4, 2022 4:15 PM

Apr 2020
FallenChomp said:
Salty-GB said:

This is true. But the fact that his sister is blatantly called out to be white and they only have a problem with Weather, who is as white as snow, because his “adoptive” father was black points towards Pucci being accepted as white. The manga are in black and white and none of the colors in the colored manga are canon since they weren’t colored in by Araki.

Except he's still the darkest character in the manga even in the black and white version???? Like... He's not white passing, my guy. The KKK not killing him can't be taken as proof either way.
Dec 4, 2022 4:20 PM
Feb 2021
Salty-GB said:
FallenChomp said:

Except he's still the darkest character in the manga even in the black and white version???? Like... He's not white passing, my guy. The KKK not killing him can't be taken as proof either way.

It can be take as proof. I don’t know why people think the kkk wouldn’t attack him. They’re the kkk. They attacked white people for being to tanned. As said in the last statement, Perla is said to be white. His parents are both white in manga. This literally shows us that he is white and everyone around considered him white. Enrico must not be considered to tan since the literal kkk didn’t attack him and the evidenced is as I’ve stated I before.
Dec 5, 2022 12:20 AM

Apr 2020
FallenChomp said:
Salty-GB said:

It can be take as proof. I don’t know why people think the kkk wouldn’t attack him. They’re the kkk. They attacked white people for being to tanned. As said in the last statement, Perla is said to be white. His parents are both white in manga. This literally shows us that he is white and everyone around considered him white. Enrico must not be considered to tan since the literal kkk didn’t attack him and the evidenced is as I’ve stated I before.

> "they've attacked white people for being tan"
> didn't attack the darkest man seen in the entire part

My guy... just accept that it's a plot hole. It's fine.
Dec 5, 2022 2:50 AM
Feb 2021
Salty-GB said:
FallenChomp said:

Except it’s not a plot hole. All the evidence I’ve listed through most of these discussions show Pucci to be white. If he was black then it would be a plot hole but there’s evidence in the story itself to prove that he is white. Also fun fact, when Araki himself colored Enrico Pucci he colored him lighter than the unofficial color manga and the anime have him.
FallenChompDec 5, 2022 3:12 AM
Dec 5, 2022 2:16 PM

Apr 2020
FallenChomp said:
Salty-GB said:

Except it’s not a plot hole. All the evidence I’ve listed through most of these discussions show Pucci to be white. If he was black then it would be a plot hole but there’s evidence in the story itself to prove that he is white. Also fun fact, when Araki himself colored Enrico Pucci he colored him lighter than the unofficial color manga and the anime have him.

It doesn't prove anything, there is no evidence to suggest that they think of Pucci as white. They don't know him and actively attack dark skinned people, therefore they should have attacked him EVEN IF HE WAS WHITE. They don't see him as white. And again, even in the original black and white manga, HE IS THE DARKEST CHARACTER IN THE STORY. The KKK don't have some sort of "white person radar"; they clearly don't know who is black based on their attack on Weather. Them not attacking Pucci has nothing to do with his race and everything to do with moving the story forward.

Araki not considering that fact is fine. It happens. Jojos is full of plot holes like that.
Dec 5, 2022 2:42 PM
Feb 2021
Salty-GB said:
FallenChomp said:

It doesn't prove anything, there is no evidence to suggest that they think of Pucci as white. They don't know him and actively attack dark skinned people, therefore they should have attacked him EVEN IF HE WAS WHITE. They don't see him as white. And again, even in the original black and white manga, HE IS THE DARKEST CHARACTER IN THE STORY. The KKK don't have some sort of "white person radar"; they clearly don't know who is black based on their attack on Weather. Them not attacking Pucci has nothing to do with his race and everything to do with moving the story forward.

Araki not considering that fact is fine. It happens. Jojos is full of plot holes like that.

Alright. The KKK point was debunked for the sake of argument but it doesn’t change the fact that Pucci is White. In the manga Pucci is still the darkest character but both of his parents are still the same color Weather and Perla. It’s also reasonably to presume as well that the detective looked into both Weather and Perla since Pucci said to break them up instead of singling out one. Since he has a problem with Weather race mixing it’s likely he found that Perla is full white which in turn would make Pucci full white. This is a “guess” but a logical one to make from the events of the story.
FallenChompDec 5, 2022 2:46 PM
Dec 5, 2022 2:49 PM

Apr 2020
FallenChomp said:
Salty-GB said:

Alright. The KKK point was debunked for the sake of argument but it doesn’t change the fact that Pucci is White. In the manga Pucci is still the darkest character but both of his parents are still the same color Weather and Perla. It’s also reasonably to presume as well that the detective looked into both Weather and Perla since Pucci said to break them up instead of singling out one. Since he has a problem with Weather race mixing it’s likely he found that Perla is full white which in turn would make Pucci full white. This is a “guess” but a logical one to make from the events of the story.

Thats not logical at all... wtf are you on about.
Dec 5, 2022 2:50 PM
Feb 2021
Salty-GB said:
FallenChomp said:

Thats not logical at all... wtf are you on about.

Yes it is. Who is told to break two people up and only look into one?
Dec 10, 2022 5:33 AM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Za_Panda - Dec 1, 2022

66 by ETHANDARYL420 »»
Apr 11, 6:25 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AbsoluteCinema - Dec 1, 2022

315 by L1on777 »»
Apr 7, 6:21 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 3 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

67 by L1on777 »»
Apr 7, 1:20 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

51 by L1on777 »»
Apr 6, 12:58 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Dec 1, 2022

62 by L1on777 »»
Apr 6, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.