Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 27, 2022 6:30 PM
Jul 2017
One thing I've been wondering about recently is why was the shoujo tag suddenly removed from this anime and all its subsequent seasons?

There's literally no reason for it to be removed, it is a shoujo yuri series, sites like Wikipedia and BakaUpdates would tell you that very quickly. The light novels were published in the Cobalt magazine, which publishes shoujo fiction like The Earl and the Fairy, and the manga was published in the Margaret magazine, which is a shoujo manga magazine that published classics like Rose of Versailles.

Removing the shoujo tag from this anime makes no sense at all, and I've been noticing this a lot lately, with demographic tags on several anime being removed/changed for no reason, like how Kageki Shojo got changed from a shoujo to a seinen even though it's literally adapted from a currently publishing shoujo manga.

It's just something that's been bothering me for a while now because Maria-sama ga Miteru is one of my favorite yuri series, and I'm just really confused why all of these demographic tags have been getting removed lately for no reason.
Nov 1, 2022 12:00 AM

Oct 2021
L for mal smhhhh

We need shoujo justice 😤
Eiyuu Senki Theme Until MAL Adds The Manga
Nov 2, 2022 6:45 PM
Jul 2017
Asanoooo said:
L for mal smhhhh

We need shoujo justice 😤

Agreed, honestly MAL is so ass at tagging demographics correctly it's not even funny. And like, it was tagged correctly before so why take the shoujo tag off? It makes no sense, and I've seen them do it with other shows that aren't shoujo either, I wish there was a way to edit this stuff because 9 times outta 10 it feels like MAL doesn't even know wtf they're doing when they tag for demographics.
Nov 2, 2022 7:20 PM

Oct 2021
texasfangirl1999 said:
I wish there was a way to edit this stuff because 9 times outta 10 it feels like MAL doesn't even know wtf they're doing when they tag for demographics.

I mean you can submit edit requests, but the que line is too long that it's honestly not worth it.
Nov 2, 2022 7:26 PM
Jul 2017
Asanoooo said:

I mean you can submit edit requests, but the que line is too long that it's honestly not worth it.

Yeah I mean there are way too many anime/manga that have these issues that it would take forever to do it. Tbh I just wish they would do a bit more research before changing/removing demographic tags on stuff? I can't even rely on MAL to see the true demographic of an anime or manga, I use Wikipedia or Baka-Updates because those are way more well-researched and reliable imo.
Nov 2, 2022 7:32 PM

Oct 2021
texasfangirl1999 said:
I can't even rely on MAL to see the true demographic of an anime or manga

true true, I usually just check what tags it has on my streaming site

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 6 Discussion

DarkIceXIII - Aug 30, 2009

20 by silentxblue »»
Sep 19, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 1 Discussion

skriticos - Jul 3, 2009

29 by silentxblue »»
Jul 6, 2023 7:53 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 3 Discussion

Cratex - Aug 12, 2012

17 by Joey-XD19202 »»
Jul 1, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 13 Discussion

HappyPear - Jul 8, 2009

24 by sjmmoc »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:03 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 12 Discussion

Cratex - Oct 2, 2012

10 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 14, 2023 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.