Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 2, 2010 7:58 AM

Jan 2010
I'm just asking if there are any Yuri haters in this club :)
Well,after episode 5 got aired,many Yuri haters popped up ^^"
Most of them are from Tenshi's fans and looks like there will be "Anti-Yuri FC" or "Anti-Yuri X Otonashi FC" if the haters continue to grow.

If you're one of the haters,just share the reason why you hate her :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 2, 2010 8:00 AM
Sep 2009
reporting in.
No reason really, just that she doesnt like tenshi, so...
May 2, 2010 8:03 AM

Feb 2010
well I dont really hate her. She has her moments. I just like Tachibana more than Yuri now but I kinda like Yuri too.

Do you like or wish for the Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade pairing from Angel Beats? Or just love both characters?
Then Join the club ^^:The Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade Club

May 2, 2010 12:15 PM

Dec 2009
i may be annoyed at yuri for bullying poor kanade, but you can't really hate her just b/c of what happened. she's been doing this kind of thing for the past few episodes, so it's not anything new. the only that changed is the perspective. more sympathy for kanade now.
May 2, 2010 10:14 PM

Jan 2010
Eminax8 said:
i may be annoyed at yuri for bullying poor kanade, but you can't really hate her just b/c of what happened. she's been doing this kind of thing for the past few episodes, so it's not anything new. the only that changed is the perspective. more sympathy for kanade now.

Agreed :D
May 3, 2010 1:31 AM

Jun 2009
It is not what I really hate her or something... (HATE HATE HATE HATE ><)
But it is simple that I do not understand her. A little. How can I explain? Why in the first place did she started this whole “Who is going to kill Angel today?” thing. Of course I do not know how it all started but I seriously doubt that Yuri ever had a some real evidence of Tachibana been Angel. I doubt she ever was interested in her personality anyway. Not mention her “NPC” theory.
P.S. Don't shoot ordinary students. Tenshi only.
Wait, she is not ordinary student?
Don't ask me! Just kill her already ><
P.P.S. Sorry for my English.
May 3, 2010 3:06 AM

Jan 2010
Baka_Ultimate said:
It is not what I really hate her or something... (HATE HATE HATE HATE ><)
But it is simple that I do not understand her. A little. How can I explain? Why in the first place did she started this whole “Who is going to kill Angel today?” thing. Of course I do not know how it all started but I seriously doubt that Yuri ever had a some real evidence of Tachibana been Angel. I doubt she ever was interested in her personality anyway. Not mention her “NPC” theory.
P.S. Don't shoot ordinary students. Tenshi only.
Wait, she is not ordinary student?
Don't ask me! Just kill her already ><
P.P.S. Sorry for my English.

I'll have to agree on the "i don't understand her" part ^^"
May 3, 2010 3:37 AM

Feb 2010
Well then lets just say that ep 6 has a mega potential to BLOW us off our feet for better or for worse :).

Do you like or wish for the Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade pairing from Angel Beats? Or just love both characters?

May 5, 2010 7:42 AM

Dec 2009
yep. if maeda didn't screw up ep 6, it's going to be damn epic, enough to make angel beats! #1 this season for sure, and yet another key adaptation success.
May 5, 2010 7:55 AM

Feb 2010
heh guess so, it already is number for me (this season). I wouldn't exactly say its an "adaption" since its made specifically for the anime with no visual novels before it. Its still epic.

May 6, 2010 8:03 AM

Feb 2010
let tenshi rescue the SSS from the stupid acting-seitokaichou ^^
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 6, 2010 2:19 PM

Jul 2008
EienShouko said:
reporting in.
May 7, 2010 12:59 PM
Mar 2009
definitely not me. All the SSS's activities summarized from ep01~05 was: Stealing, mass producing weapons, break-in [Tenshi's room 2X], framing people up [Tenshi]. Yurippe is doing all of this so she can conquer the world after death. However, there are still more ep before we can fully judge anyone.
May 9, 2010 6:36 AM

May 2010
Got to disagree. I do like Yurripe. I like Kanade more, of course, but I like Yuri too. I see that there is quite a bit to dislike about her - not least that she's trying perhaps a bit too hard to be Suzumiya Haruhi - but I'm still drawn to her a little. Bizarrely, I think it's for the same reason I'm drawn to Kanade, and to Angel Beats! in general: she's human. She's made mistakes, she's gotten carried away, heck, she's pretty downright myopic or even selfish at times - but that's human. Indeed, far from the position expressed a couple of posts back, I like her because I can understand her; she's not a stereotype, despite the whole 'Haruhi-esque' thing and being more than a bit of a tsundere, but instead a real character. [/endrant]

Oh, I do agree, though, that her actions don't always make sense at this stage. But I think that might be intentional. I think - or maybe hope - that we're meant to wonder, 'wait, what the heck? Does that make sense?' when we see some of the things that Yuri and the SSS do - we're meant to scratch our heads and ask ourselves how exactly they came to some of those conclusions. Remember that this is very much a first-person anime from Otonashi's point of view - he's been dropped quite literally in medias res, so it would be weird if everything made sense from the beginning. Hopefully, all will have become plain - or at least relatively plain - by the end of the series. Don't give it up as mere irrationality yet. [/endsecondrant]
May 9, 2010 7:06 AM

Feb 2010
well said

Mar 22, 2019 1:17 PM
Mar 2019
Yuri never truly had solid evidence that Tachibana is Tenshi, proven in the manga. At first, she was just disobedient towards Tachibana, since Tachibana was the student council president, and Yuri thought that had a connection towards God. Then, Chaa broke into the principal’s office, and threatened to kill the principal. Tachibana stepped in and protected the principal with her hand sonic. Yuri then decided that Tachibana must be Tenshi, and she must kill her, even though Tachibana said many times that she was not Tenshi. Yuri then made pathetic attempts to destroy Tachibana, including trying to bury Tachibana alive. Yuri stole and wore Tachibana’s swimsuit, because she theorized that that might be what gave Tachibana “powers”. Even so, Tachibana protected and saved Yuri from many situations where Yuri would have died if it weren’t for Tachibana. It’s quite ridiculous actually.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» So why do you like Otanashi and Tachibana as couple?

gerb234 - May 1, 2010

9 by Yuki__Kuran »»
Aug 27, 2017 12:04 PM

» Request a Member Card :) [OPEN] ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KazeFalcon - May 7, 2010

228 by SongstressAeris »»
Mar 10, 2013 9:56 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 6 Discussion

Exfinia - May 7, 2010

11 by Niitatsu »»
May 17, 2011 8:05 AM

Poll: » What you think about Angel Beats from 1st epi till now

Shin_Star - May 10, 2010

10 by Niitatsu »»
May 17, 2011 7:55 AM

Poll: » This review =.=

KazeFalcon - May 12, 2010

11 by Niitatsu »»
May 17, 2011 7:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.