Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2022 3:46 AM
Nov 2015
It was pretty good.
Oct 14, 2022 2:31 AM
Jun 2021
Are you in Japan or where can I see it? Online?
Oct 14, 2022 12:59 PM
Aug 2015
Did you watch both of them? If yes, are the two girls somehow related? Also, did the order change the ending much? The protagonist himself has different hair and eye color in each movie, is it important?
If you've only seen this one, did it have a solid ending on its own or did you feel like it was missing something?
snowfairy65Oct 14, 2022 1:03 PM
Oct 14, 2022 8:29 PM
Nov 2015
alanabeta said:
Are you in Japan or where can I see it? Online?

Yeah, I saw it in theaters. It'll probably be six months or so until it gets a blu ray release.
snowfairy65 said:
Did you watch both of them? If yes, are the two girls somehow related? Also, did the order change the ending much? The protagonist himself has different hair and eye color in each movie, is it important?
If you've only seen this one, did it have a solid ending on its own or did you feel like it was missing something?

Haven't seen both of them yet but the main girl from BokuAi is in this one. I felt satisfied enough with the ending but you can definitely tell they want you to watch both.
Nov 13, 2022 11:47 PM

Jan 2010
I just watched it few days ago myself.
Both endings were so damn bittersweet.

snowfairy65 said:

Not OP but I watched it myself.
Yeah they're related to both movies as they both has their own part in each movie, they're different girls from a parallel universe. they're the same but slightly different from one another in both universes(movies).
I know the multiverse is kinda confusing.

The order didn't change.... that much. My local cinema showed KimiAi first, followed by BokuAi. The ending of KimiAi had a nice transition to the beginning of BokuAi, the ending was slightly extended. Then at the end of Bokuai, it got even more slightly extended. In KimiAi they explain a lot more about parallel universes in the beginning than they sort of did in BokuAi which made it slightly easier to understand at the end of this movie and the start of BokuAi. (I'm not fluent in Japanese and could only understand like 80% of the movie. All the science talk was confusing)
Well, they say you can watch it in any order and the ending changes a little depending on which order you started from, but I think starting from KimiAi first is better, even though it was more of a tearjerker than BokuAi.

Well, I wouldn't say it's more important than the other girls. Both protagonists are kinda the same person with the same name, but they're still different people. In Universe A, the boy lives with his Mother and Grandfather. In Universe B he lives with his father.

I don't recommend just watching one because the stuff you may feel is missing will fill in the gaps when you watch the second movie.
Sure it has an ending of its own, but you will miss out if you only watch one.

More topics from this board

» 'BOKU' FIRST 'KIMI' THEN!!!

mufarari - Jun 20, 2023

10 by CarbonMD »»
May 8, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kimi wo Aishita Hitori no Boku e Episode 1 Discussion

VemZoDy - Mar 12, 2023

47 by CarbonMD »»
May 8, 1:01 PM

» Between two animes did Koyomi and SHiori have their happy ending?

Scarlet-Khaleesi - Apr 23, 2023

19 by ClementKelley »»
Jan 22, 8:11 AM

» "Summer Daydream" by Saucy Dog

KnightTimaeus - Apr 29, 2023

15 by Not-Claudio »»
Oct 2, 2023 10:01 AM

» Hidaka Koyomi/Takasaki Koyomi

ZeriFN0X1A - Aug 20, 2023

1 by Alexioos95 »»
Aug 20, 2023 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.