Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 8, 2022 8:16 PM

Jun 2022
This series is not for everyone, I know some people who love this show, as well as others, like myself, who hate it, rarely is there someone in between. So I believe that it might be best to know about some of the things that this anime presents in a spoiler-free fashion.

There is something to say in that what makes people laugh is entirely subjective. This show is crass and low-brow with its humor, so look elsewhere for a well formulated joke. If you do not mind poop, sex or underwear being funny, then go ahead and watch it.

Some people well talk about sub or dub with this series and there is a relatively large group who say that the dub is better. Really the only thing that is different is that in the subtitled version, the Japanese audio uses Japanese pronunciation of English swears to poke fun at the lack of these words in Japanese (this is not from my watching of it). The dub, naturally, is unable to recreate this.

I hope this may help those who are considering watching it.
Oct 8, 2022 9:41 PM
May 2022
Pages_Pages said:
This series is not for everyone, I know some people who love this show, as well as others, like myself, who hate it, rarely is there someone in between. So I believe that it might be best to know about some of the things that this anime presents in a spoiler-free fashion.

There is something to say in that what makes people laugh is entirely subjective. This show is crass and low-brow with its humor, so look elsewhere for a well formulated joke. If you do not mind poop, sex or underwear being funny, then go ahead and watch it.

Some people well talk about sub or dub with this series and there is a relatively large group who say that the dub is better. Really the only thing that is different is that in the subtitled version, the Japanese audio uses Japanese pronunciation of English swears to poke fun at the lack of these words in Japanese (this is not from my watching of it). The dub, naturally, is unable to recreate this.

this is coming from someone who is from America and loves crude humor (South Park etc.), and I'm just gonna say, this show is great! It's wildly crass, a constant string of sexual jokes, potty humor, foul language and slapstick violence. Also the ed is such a banger.

And while sub does poke fun at the lack of swear words in japan blah blah blah, the dub is hilarious, and fits the characters better, since most of the characters are most definitely not Japanese and the humor style is literally a parody of American humor
(and yes I did watch it in sub and dub). Plus the dub cast seemed to have a ton of fun voicing it!

If you are looking for eloquent jokes in haiku form, then yeah... don't watch it. If you see an Ecchi tag on a show and turn your nose up in disgust... this show isn't for you. But if you find dark humor and slapstick funny, I suggest trying it, you'll likely not be disappointed.
Oct 8, 2022 9:47 PM
May 2022
also, homeboy got an average rating of like 4 😂 not to be rude but bro definitely thinks mainstream = bad and that only liking unknown shows makes him elite.

sooo take his advice with a grain of salt, or maybe a few buckets of it. You could say the same of me tho, I just love anime in general so I rarely look hard for fault's in the shows I watch
Oct 9, 2022 12:15 AM
Jan 2021
poop jokes are objectively funny.
Oct 9, 2022 2:30 AM
Feb 2022
dont know i love the show it is intresting funny i dont think to much about it it is just a show to turn off your brain and have fun at list for me
Oct 9, 2022 2:43 AM
Struggler

Dec 2020
I'm also almost never into shit/fart-esque humor, as I think it's super low brow and genuinely unfunny the vast majority of the time imo.

The humor also definitely started to feel a little repetitive and kinda stale for me as the series got closer to the end, due to them reusing some of the same joke formats over and over again (similar to Asobi Asobase for me, though worse in this case imo).

However, the hilarious Japanglish pronunciation you mentioned, especially the swears, is one gag I absolutely didn't mind being used to death, and was one of the big things that kept me watching to the end. That and the

I might go back and watch it again in dub at some point because of the good things I've heard, but the English pronunciation by the Japanese VA's was definitely my favorite part of the sub for sure.

Oct 9, 2022 4:17 AM

Dec 2019
This could have been posted as a review but thanks for letting me comment here. Basically, you're right, it's dumb as hell and that's a good thing.
Oct 10, 2022 1:12 AM
Mar 2020
Pages_Pages said:

I think the dub not only fits the humour better but also the characters and setting.

I get that the Japanese vas use English swear words but at that point you may as well watch the dub as it would fit both the context and humour a lot better.

I also think the English VAs do a better job and portraying the characters in this one but that’s just me.
Oct 10, 2022 1:15 AM
Mar 2020
Ginger_Menace19 said:
Pages_Pages said:

this is coming from someone who is from America and loves crude humor (South Park etc.), and I'm just gonna say, this show is great! It's wildly crass, a constant string of sexual jokes, potty humor, foul language and slapstick violence. Also the ed is such a banger.

And while sub does poke fun at the lack of swear words in japan blah blah blah, the dub is hilarious, and fits the characters better, since most of the characters are most definitely not Japanese and the humor style is literally a parody of American humor
(and yes I did watch it in sub and dub). Plus the dub cast seemed to have a ton of fun voicing it!

If you are looking for eloquent jokes in haiku form, then yeah... don't watch it. If you see an Ecchi tag on a show and turn your nose up in disgust... this show isn't for you. But if you find dark humor and slapstick funny, I suggest trying it, you'll likely not be disappointed.

Totally agree with you could not have said it better myself

More topics from this board

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chalco - Nov 5, 2010

199 by Eatsik »»
Apr 20, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Dec 17, 2010

140 by TobiasAnimeMan »»
Apr 13, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SunshineNoka - Dec 3, 2010

201 by JoaoPedru »»
Apr 8, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Nov 19, 2010

144 by JoaoPedru »»
Apr 3, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Dec 24, 2010

425 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 3, 1:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.