Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2010 6:17 AM

Jun 2009
Hi! I know that there is only five members in this club,but I hope it won't stand in our way to have a little talk. ^ ^
So for now, I wanted to ask, why do you like Saraiya Goyou?
For me, a main character - Yaichi- and the atmosphere in this anime resembles one in Mushishi. Moreover, I'm really curious to know how this anime/manga will develop. And also, I can't take my eyes off Akitsu - a samurai who's afraid of being in the centre of attention xD

( Sorry, if I wrote sth incorretly - I am aware that sometimes I'm still making mistakes in my English :) )
Mitsuki15Sep 23, 2010 10:38 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 27, 2010 10:00 AM

Oct 2009
The art style is distinct, the characters and the storyline seem really interesting. I guess I can say I can relate to Akitsu a bit, but other than that, I like how he has a timid and nervous persona, yet has awesome sword skills. I like Yaichi's calculating charisma, he reminds me of a laid back Akagi. There's bound to be more depth revealed in the future so the suspense is exciting. =P

I'm also bit of a shounen-ai fan. xD
SaimuraApr 27, 2010 10:04 AM
*Raises my left eyebrow*
Apr 28, 2010 8:16 AM

Jul 2009
Hm... I guess it's because of the characters - they look kinda funny. I really like that Akitsu guy. He is just amazing...His sword skills are pretty good and the fact that he is scared when his opponent looks at him...It's just awesome! Of course I like Yaichi as well, but not as much as Akitsu. I'm looking forward to next episodes... ^ ^
Apr 29, 2010 12:19 PM

Mar 2010
Mitsuki15 said:

For me, a main character - Yaichi- and the atmosphere in this anime resembles one in Mushishi. Moreover, I'm really curious to know how this anime/manga will develop

Same here.
I think the characters ( not just Yaichi and Akitsu, though I do like Yaichi most) as well as the atmosphere and the "setting" are really interesting.
And it's kinda relaxing.... :D

Saimura said:

I'm also bit of a shounen-ai fan. xD

That too. :P

( Excuse me, if my English is a bit strange. I'm still learning, so feel free to correct me. :))
Apr 29, 2010 10:56 PM

Oct 2009
(It's alright, don't worry about it. Learning as in second language or just learning in general? Even though English is my first language, I notice how weird I sound even when I write. It's probably the rust of having no limits though, rushing and not really paying attention. Overall, I'm pretty sure most people can still understand what you and I write.
The only time I correct anyone (even myself) for spelling or fluidity is when writing roleplays, essays or fanfiction. I've probably made tons of typos, weird/run-on sentences myself but if you want me to correct you, I'd be glad to. ^^ =P)
SaimuraApr 30, 2010 7:23 AM
*Raises my left eyebrow*
Apr 30, 2010 9:59 AM

Mar 2010
( Learning as in second language, but I still go to school, so actually both possibilities fit.^^ We practice English in school and understanding isn't a problem, but writing "sounds" just so weird to me, sometimes.
I do also write fanfiction ( in my native language) and I know what you mean by "correcting" things like this or trying to make a text sound more fluent.
And I would be very thankful, if you'd correct me. ;) I really want to improve my English, so any help is highly appreciated. )
May 10, 2010 12:32 AM

May 2008
I was hungry for something unique and I loved the trailer so I started to watch it. I love the characters the pace and also the OST which creates the atmosphere the most. But what I'm really into are the settings, samurai staff and all~~
May 15, 2010 8:56 AM

Feb 2009
What mad me interested in watching this anime in the beginning was the unique art style and the plot summary. I've enjoyed Yamashita Yoshimitsu's work on animations like Samurai Champloo and Monster and was looking forward to this. When I started watching it, the pacing, directing and the characters made it even more interesting and I loved the voice acting as well.
So far the development on characters seem to go in the right direction and I'm hoping for even more interesting revelations.

May 15, 2010 2:22 PM

Dec 2009
The character designs, music, and laid-back pace make such a calming atmosphere. I find this anime so relaxing to watch.
May 16, 2010 1:30 AM

Sep 2009
The atmosphere and tone are excellent, the art style is intriguing, and the dialogue and character interactions are superb.
May 26, 2010 4:24 AM

Nov 2008
It has good art, good pacing (slow, but with just enough mystery and intrigue to keep you wanting more), good characters and a great atmosphere.

All those things come together to make what I think is one of, if not, the best anime of Spring 2010 so far.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Jun 15, 2010 5:19 PM
Nov 2008
This show is awesome. I absolutely adore how members of the gang eat and drink together, their quiet conversations, the way they interact. Everyone seem real, confused, self-centered and desperately in need for Five Leaves to unite them (sort of substitute for a family).Doesn't matter how it ends
Aug 3, 2010 11:27 AM
Aug 2009
Firstly, I was a little sceptical about it, but this anime was a great suprise for me - amazing, unique art, interesting plot and beautiful music. And, most important - characters. Maybe not really orginal, but it makes them more human.
Aug 7, 2010 1:53 PM

Dec 2009
Well, I like it because I think it's original. It may be quite slow-paced, but the plot is intresting so it doesn't matter much. Plus, the art is different from other series' art, but it's not disgusting at all - pretty much the opposite, I find it amazing. I also like the way it's told, giving little by little traces about Yaichi's past, which ends up being the key to the main arc and making you hold intrest in the story throughout the series. Another thing I like about it, are the characters. I think the characters are one of the most attractive aspects of this series, since they're the ones who carry the plot and all. And that's not all, they're all likeable from my point of view - especially Yaichi and Masa-. They all have their own deep backstories which make you grow attached to them throughout the series.

All in all, I like nearly everthing about it XD!
Aug 28, 2010 10:52 AM

Nov 2008
Why it was interesting?

- watching a seinen without action
- the edo zeitgeist interested me
- real character development
- Masa's personality is also very unusual and therefore interesting.
Come and look around at the autism club or the Yakuza FC!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Member cards [OPEN] ( 1 2 )

Mitsuki15 - May 15, 2010

53 by EvianBubble »»
Jul 26, 2014 8:38 PM

Sticky: Poll: » Which character do you like?

Mitsuki15 - Aug 13, 2010

18 by irenika »»
Feb 27, 2012 3:05 PM

» +100 members LE [CLOSED]

Mitsuki15 - Sep 16, 2010

37 by Mitsuki15 »»
Sep 20, 2010 4:45 AM

» House of Five Leaves LJ community

meruse-desu - Sep 19, 2010

0 by meruse-desu »»
Sep 19, 2010 10:27 AM

» Kinu LE [CLOSED]

Mitsuki15 - Aug 13, 2010

21 by Mitsuki15 »»
Aug 16, 2010 3:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.