Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 30, 2022 6:51 AM

Apr 2021
I don’t wanna nitpick, but isn’t a rebuild supposed to be an improved version of the original? This movie was like remaking Princess Mononoke and making the Forest God CGI, it just takes away part of the charm… I feel sorry for all the effort that went into animating the original series just for new fans to only watch the slightly shittier movie.
☆彡 ★彡 ★彡 ☆彡
Jul 30, 2022 7:00 AM
Jul 2021
I also don't like the use of CGI in the Rebulds movies...
Jul 30, 2022 7:02 AM
Jan 2020
I'm personally okay with the CG since it looks very fluid in some scenes. There are many bad CG uses in other anime such as Berserk and Overlord.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Jul 30, 2022 7:06 AM
Aug 2020
Flugzeug said:
I don’t wanna nitpick, but isn’t a rebuild supposed to be an improved version of the original? This movie was like remaking Princess Mononoke and making the Forest God CGI, it just takes away part of the charm… I feel sorry for all the effort that went into animating the original series just for new fans to only watch the slightly shittier movie.

It's not exactly a rebuild btw. Yes, first two movies kind of follow more or less the path but that's it. The scope of last two movies is huge and would be near about impossible to do in 2d. As it was, it still took long years and extremely hard conditions of animators to pull it off.

Doe, your criticism of the CG itself is valid. everyone's got their own taste and standards afterall. Just don't let it bother ya too much!
Jul 30, 2022 7:13 AM

Jun 2016
No the CG mecha (inb4 it's not a mecha) are one of the reasons why I prefer the look of the original series even though some later episodes have issues.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 30, 2022 7:15 AM

May 2021
Flugzeug said:

first of rebuild are not the better version of original you'll know when you watch the later movies. The CGI use was far better than many series out, it was so good that I didn't mind it
Jul 30, 2022 7:16 AM
Mar 2021
I thought it looked good. Especially when it was the space ships, that was thebperfect time to use it.
Jul 30, 2022 7:46 AM

Apr 2021
EggoGBones said:
I'm personally okay with the CG since it looks very fluid in some scenes. There are many bad CG uses in other anime such as Berserk and Overlord.

I also don’t think it’s bad CG, it’s just that with CG Evangelion looks like any other mecha anime, while the superb animation of the original actually reminded me of Studio Ghibli at times.
☆彡 ★彡 ★彡 ☆彡
Jul 30, 2022 7:50 AM
Jan 2020
Flugzeug said:
EggoGBones said:

I also don’t think it’s bad CG, it’s just that with CG Evangelion looks like any other mecha anime, while the superb animation of the original actually reminded me of Studio Ghibli at times.

I believe it looked jarring to me when watching the first two movies especially but the last two of them looked a lot better. So if you haven't watched the other ones yet I highly recommend. Even if the CG isn't to the most of your liking then the story was very good imo.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Jul 30, 2022 10:36 AM
Jan 2021
Flugzeug said:

It’s not an improved version, it’s a sequel taking place in a different timeline.

Also, it was jarring at first but the CGI wasn’t bad at all. I really love shows even that are fully CGI when it’s done well. There is a difference between Death Duke and Hi Score Girls’ CGI comparatively to MAPPA’s garbage CGI in AOT S4P1.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jul 30, 2022 12:02 PM

Jul 2021
Flugzeug said:

not meant to be improved, it's a different thing meant to be appreciated in different ways.

the CGI will grow on you if you give it the chance. it becomes really quite beautiful at times in 3.0 and 3.0+1.
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
Jul 30, 2022 4:35 PM
May 2022
I share your point of view. These movies didn't add or improve nothing substantial to the original anime story at all.
Jul 30, 2022 7:51 PM

May 2021
tbh,it wasnt that bad,definitely worse than 2d tho.
Jul 31, 2022 9:01 AM

Sep 2020
I didn't like the CGI either tbh, it was one of my major gripes with the Rebuild movies.
Jul 31, 2022 9:41 AM
Mar 2021
I watched it some time ago but I don't remember it had CGI so for me it was good, not like some cgi in anime that looks so robotic and unappealing.
Jul 31, 2022 4:31 PM

Oct 2021
I don't like CG but I understand why it's being used. I think it looks fine anyway, I think they did a good job at making it fluid. I feel like the only time it could have been better was the mocap scene in the final movie because they moved too human and not as "Eva-like"
Don't worry about Hell, we're going deeper. - Lupin IIII

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rebuild of Evangelion: 1.0 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kurai-- - Apr 9, 2008

278 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 18, 8:30 PM

» The last scene in Evangelion 1.0 is one of the best in all of anime

CickNipolla - Oct 12, 2022

10 by El_Professor07 »»
Oct 18, 2022 7:49 AM

» Can I skip this?

jonnn9 - Aug 15, 2022

30 by Jayby »»
Aug 22, 2022 9:36 PM

» Gendou's Parenting Skills

KelpRings - Jul 27, 2022

0 by KelpRings »»
Jul 27, 2022 4:11 PM

» Should I drop the original and watch this instead?

Igreja - Jul 24, 2022

37 by TombER0N »»
Jul 27, 2022 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.