Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2022 5:36 PM
Apr 2022
When Kubo was finishing the Fullbring Arc he started getting really sick. He decided to finish the series of with the Final Arc being the war with the Quincys. He stated that because of this sudden illness, he wasn't able to do everything he wanted to do (leaving plot holes, ext). He rushed the final Arc with getting at least the key points across, this way he could get his health better. He was even hospitalized a few times because of this illness. Many fans weren't happy about that, and were bashing him without even knowing the truth behind it. However there are 3 major light novels that were written by different people, but illustrated by Kubo. Now that I've explained why there are light novels, here's my question.

What is Can't Fear Your Own World, We Do Knot Always love You, and Spirits Are Forever With You? I know CFYOW is about the fourth Noble clan, and reveals Shinji's, and Shuhei's Bankai. I know that WDKALY shows Rukia, and Renji getting Married, along with Ichigo, and Orihime getting married. I know that SAFWY is about the Kenpachi's.

So what else are these novels about. Or do you think I should just go in blindly?
Jul 17, 2022 6:22 PM
Oct 2021
i didn't know about Kudo health state, I hope it's something he can recover, must be really painful and despair to have worked on something that you always wanted to do, and then having to leave it behind because of health issues
Jul 17, 2022 6:49 PM
Apr 2022
Obscure_Otaku said:
i didn't know about Kudo health state, I hope it's something he can recover, must be really painful and despair to have worked on something that you always wanted to do, and then having to leave it behind because of health issues

I'd be devastated if I were Kubo, but thankfully he has recovered, and has hinted at a potential sequel, starting with the Hell Arc.
Jul 17, 2022 6:52 PM
Oct 2021
BradynsDimension said:
Obscure_Otaku said:

I'd be devastated if I were Kubo, but thankfully he has recovered, and has hinted at a potential sequel, starting with the Hell Arc.

thank god, I sincerely wish that he never gets that bad again
Jul 17, 2022 6:59 PM
Apr 2022
Obscure_Otaku said:
BradynsDimension said:

Same, I don't wish for anyone to have to go through anything painful physically, or mentally, but unfortunately that's life. Also do have an answer to my question? Or have you not read the light novels?
Jul 17, 2022 7:05 PM
Apr 2022
In order of events, SAFWY is imo the most bizarre one of them, and the power scaling is all over the place. remember that random arrancar who healed Yammy and got her head blown off by his punch? Yeah, she's god-level now. It has some interesting ideas and it's worth reading if you're curious, but in the end it's mostly a filler.

CFYOW on the other hand is essential to understandin Bleach's universe and lore. without spoiling much, I can say you learn a good amount about the Soul King and what happened post-TYBW.

WDKALY is a mostly unnecessary, but pretty cute story with the gotei 13 getting involved with Rukia's marriage. No action on this one, but pretty neat nonetheless.

TL;DR - CFYOW is the only must-read, but the rest is up to you.
Jul 17, 2022 7:09 PM
Oct 2021
BradynsDimension said:
Obscure_Otaku said:

Same, I don't wish for anyone to have to go through anything painful physically, or mentally, but unfortunately that's life. Also do have an answer to my question? Or have you not read the light novels?

no lol I haven't read it, thought I have been wanting to read some light novels recently but idk where to, if u could recommend a place I would be thankful

from what I have understood, these light novels aren't from Kudo, so might as well consider it as "fan light novel" that was approved by Kudo and he's adapting it to manga, it's seen to be some deep lore about the characters, idk much about the light novel but in the anime we get some history about the secondary characters, but it's kinda of shallow, it's enough to understand the characters but there's much to be explained and said that people wanted to know more about it

now I could just be wrong and did not understand what was your question
Jul 17, 2022 7:29 PM
Apr 2022
LKnight910 said:
In order of events, SAFWY is imo the most bizarre one of them, and the power scaling is all over the place. remember that random arrancar who healed Yammy and got her head blown off by his punch? Yeah, she's god-level now. It has some interesting ideas and it's worth reading if you're curious, but in the end it's mostly a filler.

CFYOW on the other hand is essential to understandin Bleach's universe and lore. without spoiling much, I can say you learn a good amount about the Soul King and what happened post-TYBW.

WDKALY is a mostly unnecessary, but pretty cute story with the gotei 13 getting involved with Rukia's marriage. No action on this one, but pretty neat nonetheless.

Thanks. I'm still waiting for my volumes of CFYOW to come in the mail, but I can't find English volumes for the other 2. I'll definitely be reading them now I know more about them.
Jul 17, 2022 7:35 PM
Apr 2022
Obscure_Otaku said:
BradynsDimension said:

no lol I haven't read it, thought I have been wanting to read some light novels recently but idk where to, if u could recommend a place I would be thankful

from what I have understood, these light novels aren't from Kudo, so might as well consider it as "fan light novel" that was approved by Kudo and he's adapting it to manga, it's seen to be some deep lore about the characters, idk much about the light novel but in the anime we get some history about the secondary characters, but it's kinda of shallow, it's enough to understand the characters but there's much to be explained and said that people wanted to know more about it

now I could just be wrong and did not understand what was your question

That's fine if you don't know much about them, I still appreciate that you gave an answer, either way I'll read them.

I have an app called Manga browser, but they don't have the light novels on it. For the most part they have all your popular series, and even not so popular series. new chapters can take up to a month after it's official release to get on the app though.
Jul 18, 2022 12:56 AM
Jul 2018
BradynsDimension said:
LKnight910 said:

Thanks. I'm still waiting for my volumes of CFYOW to come in the mail, but I can't find English volumes for the other 2. I'll definitely be reading them now I know more about them.

Can’t Fear Your Own World is the only one that has been officially translated into English while there are only Fan translations online for the two novels.

That’s why you haven’t been able to find English volumes for SAFWY and WDKALY
Jul 18, 2022 6:44 AM
Apr 2022
KageRaion said:
BradynsDimension said:

Can’t Fear Your Own World is the only one that has been officially translated into English while there are only Fan translations online for the two novels.

That’s why you haven’t been able to find English volumes for SAFWY and WDKALY

ah, makes sense. Thanks for letting me know
Jul 19, 2022 5:48 PM
Jan 2022
LKnight910 said:

Good answer. I'll just add to it that CFYOW is what truly elevates Bleach's lore and worldbuilding into one of the best alongside providing some major character development to an already strong side cast. It's focused on the Shinigami and their history with the Hollows and Quincy, the politics of the Seireitei, why the world is the way it is with all these different planes of existence, what the primordial state of the world looked like, what a Fullbringer actually is, etc, etc. Also, unseen Bankai. It gives you a true sense of scale of everything in the series. I didn't realise just how incomplete the manga felt after reading the LN, and it made me appreciate Bleach a lot more.

If you are a fan of Narita Ryohgo's works (the author of Baccano and Durarara), then I especially recommend these light novels to you. He's a passionate Bleach enjoyer and you can see that from those works. While he wrote them, Kubo approved and illustrated them.
Jul 22, 2022 3:51 PM

Dec 2015
BradynsDimension said:

What is Can't Fear Your Own World, We Do Knot Always love You, and Spirits Are Forever With You? I know CFYOW is about the fourth Noble clan, and reveals Shinji's, and Shuhei's Bankai. I know that WDKALY shows Rukia, and Renji getting Married, along with Ichigo, and Orihime getting married. I know that SAFWY is about the Kenpachi's.

So what else are these novels about. Or do you think I should just go in blindly?

As I am in process of reading CFYOW it isn't mainly about fourht Noble clan but they are involved there. CFYOW is around [forgot the information about it sorry] 6-8 months after TYBW and it tells the story of Hisagi interviewing people about TYBW stuff and there are stuff behind happening which are made by fourth clan [still halfway through 2nd volume so can't tell anything more], revealing and explaining more about whom survived, adding more information It obviously adds more "screen time" for characters from Fullbring arc, TYBW arc or even characters we've met in Arrancar arc.
for We do knot can't say but from what I remember (can't say if I am right or not) this light novel was supposed to be in the source material for second season of anime [Forgot the details of it so take it an thesis/assumption instead of telling the fact].
Spirited away haven't read it yet but so far I've heard it introduces Azashiro who is the 8th Kenpachi if I remember correctly and his way of becoming the Kenpachi, aswell as it introduces the 7th Kenpachi, no idea what else is in those novels, also heard for this arrancar being smashed by Yammy and becoming quite a strong character etc..

Jul 22, 2022 4:11 PM
Apr 2022
Zettaiken said:
BradynsDimension said:

As I am in process of reading CFYOW it isn't mainly about fourht Noble clan but they are involved there. CFYOW is around [forgot the information about it sorry] 6-8 months after TYBW and it tells the story of Hisagi interviewing people about TYBW stuff and there are stuff behind happening which are made by fourth clan [still halfway through 2nd volume so can't tell anything more], revealing and explaining more about whom survived, adding more information It obviously adds more "screen time" for characters from Fullbring arc, TYBW arc or even characters we've met in Arrancar arc.
for We do knot can't say but from what I remember (can't say if I am right or not) this light novel was supposed to be in the source material for second season of anime [Forgot the details of it so take it an thesis/assumption instead of telling the fact].
Spirited away haven't read it yet but so far I've heard it introduces Azashiro who is the 8th Kenpachi if I remember correctly and his way of becoming the Kenpachi, aswell as it introduces the 7th Kenpachi, no idea what else is in those novels, also heard for this arrancar being smashed by Yammy and becoming quite a strong character etc..

Thanks for the information. I'm still waiting for my volumes of CFYOW to arrive. I'm hoping that Studio Perriot after they finish with the TYBW adapts those 3 novels into the anime.
Jul 22, 2022 4:20 PM

Dec 2015
BradynsDimension said:
Zettaiken said:

Thanks for the information. I'm still waiting for my volumes of CFYOW to arrive. I'm hoping that Studio Perriot after they finish with the TYBW adapts those 3 novels into the anime.

From what I remember the official site for Bleach is for 10 years of span or something around obviously TYBW won't be airing for that long and we can expect some additional movies/ova which usually comes out for titles, so I'd say that it is highly possible that at least CFYOW will be animated, except this can't say anything, heard rumors about a remake of 1st season of anime [people analysed Tite's difference in answers for this question in Klub Outside] and probably except this we should focus on the game/console game/pc game which is in fact in production as Tite teased that he "heard" that the game is in production process
Jul 24, 2022 8:47 PM
Apr 2022
BradynsDimension said:
When Kubo was finishing the Fullbring Arc he started getting really sick. He decided to finish the series of with the Final Arc being the war with the Quincys. He stated that because of this sudden illness, he wasn't able to do everything he wanted to do (leaving plot holes, ext). He rushed the final Arc with getting at least the key points across, this way he could get his health better. He was even hospitalized a few times because of this illness. Many fans weren't happy about that, and were bashing him without even knowing the truth behind it. However there are 3 major light novels that were written by different people, but illustrated by Kubo. Now that I've explained why there are light novels, here's my question.

Blind is best. thats my motto, it helps exlude bias and give a more genuine experience
Jul 24, 2022 9:04 PM
Apr 2022
Blaze753 said:
BradynsDimension said:

Blind is best. thats my motto, it helps exlude bias and give a more genuine experience

Thanks for the input. That's how I typically like to do things, but I just wanted to see if there was anything I should know going into it. Regardless, I just started the first volume, and I'm loving it.
Jul 27, 2022 11:17 AM
Feb 2017
LKnight910 said:

CFYOW shows a lot of information that we don't know but both the villain and his power are lame. It makes the novel boring IMO...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 134 Discussion

VK11 - Jul 18, 2007

47 by Snowytf »»
Yesterday, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 68 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 18, 2009

23 by povsuduvolosy »»
Oct 3, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lsumi - Aug 10, 2008

68 by BayaziD_SenPai »»
Oct 3, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 61 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 17, 2009

46 by inizibeya »»
Sep 28, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 49 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 14, 2008

40 by inizibeya »»
Sep 27, 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.