Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 11, 2022 11:50 AM
Mar 2021
TLDR: I noticed some big changes from the original series that people aren't mentioning and started questioning if it was really a remake or not.

This discussion contains spoilers: During the movie I noticed some changes that completely change the the original, for example Misato knows about Lilith in the NERV complex from the beginning and the sea is red, so I came here to see other people's opinions on it and, from what I saw, no one has talked about it so I just wanted to create this topic to ask, is this really a remake because from what I can tell this is a very diferent version of the original work.

Thank you to everyone who answered :)
Rafa91Jul 11, 2022 3:16 PM
Jul 11, 2022 12:12 PM
Feb 2021
It’s actually sort of an alternate reality sequel, something like that
Jul 11, 2022 12:31 PM
Jun 2021
Rafa91 said:
TLDR: I noticed some big changes from the original series that people aren't mentioning and started questioning if it was really a remake or not.

This discussion contains spoilers: During the movie I noticed some changes that completely change the the original, for example Misato knows about Lilith in the NERV complex from the beginning and the sea is red, so I came here to see other people's opinions on it and, from what I saw, no one has talked about it so I just wanted to create this topic to ask, is this really a remake because from what I can tell this is a very diferent version of the original work.

It is nota sequel, it is a rebuild. Which basi means it start the same but takes a different route. After this movie is it basically a complete different story.
Jul 11, 2022 1:23 PM
Jan 2022
yes this series isn't a remaster of the original series it's a completely new story it only starts of mostly the same than it'll diverse into a different story in evangelion 2.0, take it as a different dating sim ending.
Jul 11, 2022 1:58 PM

Jul 2021
Rafa91 said:

yeah, only the first movie is a recap. the next three movies are mostly new content, but they're a bit disjointed in my opinion.

i wouldn't go in expecting something as good as/better than the original series+EoE if you loved it like i did. the rebuilds take a very different direction to NGE over the course of the four films. but you might still love it nonetheless.
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
Jul 11, 2022 2:01 PM

Jan 2009
if youre familiar with time loops then the final movie shows that so ye the whole thing is not a remake but kinda a sequel but can be watch as a standalone experience too
Jul 11, 2022 2:55 PM
Jan 2021
Rafa91 said:

It’s a sequel. Hard to not say anything that won’t spoil it. But technically it’s a sequel to the series. Just look at the water from EoE and then the movies.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jul 11, 2022 5:00 PM
May 2021
First movie is very similar to the original series. Not sure to which episode but I believe it’s til episode 6 or 7. After this movie in 2.0 and onwards it’s a completely different story with most of the same characters.
Jul 11, 2022 6:22 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Oh trust me friend we all noticed, more then 10 years ago now for some folk... You'll ah, you'll notice alot more as you continue, the first one is the only one that's really a remake and even then, not entirely😅👍.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rebuild of Evangelion: 1.0 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kurai-- - Apr 9, 2008

278 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 18, 8:30 PM

» The last scene in Evangelion 1.0 is one of the best in all of anime

CickNipolla - Oct 12, 2022

10 by El_Professor07 »»
Oct 18, 2022 7:49 AM

» Can I skip this?

jonnn9 - Aug 15, 2022

30 by Jayby »»
Aug 22, 2022 9:36 PM

» Am I the only one who was annoyed by the CGI?

Flugzeug - Jul 30, 2022

15 by Worm_Death »»
Jul 31, 2022 4:31 PM

» Gendou's Parenting Skills

KelpRings - Jul 27, 2022

0 by KelpRings »»
Jul 27, 2022 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.