Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2022 8:25 PM
Mar 2022
I am just super confused as to why people compare this to Black Clover. Could someone please explain it to me?
Jul 4, 2022 8:30 PM

Sep 2021
Because is a shonen, is in shonen jump, and has a magic world, and the MC doesnt have magic thats all... I dont see anything more
Jul 4, 2022 8:34 PM
Dec 2020
Probably because Mash is like Asta only in the sense that he can’t do magic and everyone else can, he attends a magic school, is very physically strong. Asta’s and Mash’s personalities are nothing alike? Overall I would say Mashle is different from black clover
Jul 4, 2022 9:58 PM
Feb 2021
Only thing is both Mash and Asta don’t have access to “magic” but Asta pretty much does with Anti-Magic, Mash is more like Saitama than Asta
Jul 5, 2022 6:33 AM
Mar 2022
OvergrownRover said:
Only thing is both Mash and Asta don’t have access to “magic” but Asta pretty much does with Anti-Magic, Mash is more like Saitama than Asta

I agree with you on that
Jul 5, 2022 12:22 PM

Feb 2010
I think it's an unwillingness to get to know both source materials and protagonists. They do have some similarities in that Mash and Asta both have no magic but extreme physical strength and both universes have class systems that need overturning. But while both protagonists are himbos, Asta is more politically minded and ambitious. Also the ways their societies reject people and need reform differs. The mangaka also emphasize different things in their narratives, so people writing Mashle off as being too similar to Black Clover is weird to me as a fan of both series
Mar 3, 2023 5:04 AM
Jul 2021
bossunhimeswitch said:
I think it's an unwillingness to get to know both source materials and protagonists. They do have some similarities in that Mash and Asta both have no magic but extreme physical strength and both universes have class systems that need overturning. But while both protagonists are himbos, Asta is more politically minded and ambitious. Also the ways their societies reject people and need reform differs. The mangaka also emphasize different things in their narratives, so people writing Mashle off as being too similar to Black Clover is weird to me as a fan of both series

totally agreed with you
I also feel this way
Mar 18, 2023 9:00 AM
Feb 2021
I would say it might seem similar in the beginning but story progresses differently. But for me it's a combination of BLACK CLOVER, ONE PUNCH MAN and HARRY POTTER(especially two characters remind me of movies)series.
Mar 20, 2023 1:35 AM
Jun 2021
Probably cause mash and asta both have no magic and live in a world surrounded by magic, and mash goes to a school for magic and asta belongs to a bureau of magic, I'd say they're quite similar things. +they are both intensely overpowered and ripped people despite everything
Mar 27, 2023 3:35 AM
Sep 2021
Its more like if Mob Psycho took place in a magic world
Apr 2, 2023 4:56 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Because it is the same.
A magic world.
Oh shoot, let's make the protagonist without magic to make this series more unique.

A full physical strength built like Saitama from OPM, Asta from BC and Inglis from Eiyuu-ou. Physical power maniac specialize in close combat.
Fuwa_sanApr 2, 2023 5:01 PM
Apr 3, 2023 7:43 PM
Feb 2022
Imo black clover is better than this.
Mashle was superb at beginning but then it went downhill so haaard that it's a shame.
Apr 4, 2023 3:26 AM
Apr 2010
Because even monkey could tell after reading plot description that is sounds like Black Clover. Its not a copy paste for sure but its still very similar premise.
bossunhimeswitch said:
I think in your case its unwillingness to accept a reality - its really a very similar narration to Black Clover. Its weird that people that you even try to deny it. Yes, indeed its not a copy pase of Black Clover, so what? Both shows have same premise and starts in similar way, it only pick up differences later. Also majority of people read only plot description because show isnt yet released so its easy to draw a conclusion that this show is like Black Clover.
krz3mykApr 4, 2023 3:31 AM
Apr 5, 2023 6:16 AM
Jun 2022
Because it copied Black Clover's homework and just changed enough to not be exactly the same. 
Apr 5, 2023 11:52 PM
Mar 2023
Asta literally tried to overcompensate by muscle training.
Jul 1, 2023 5:57 AM
Jan 2021
Because in a parallel world, if Asta was in harry potter, he would basically be Mash. They both do not have magical power and are unnaturally strong.  The difference between the two main characters is Asta is family-driven and Mash is cream puff driven. The students in Mash Lee have similar magic powers to black clover.  Honestly, watching the anime it feels like black clover has started a ''type'' which is exciting. 
Apr 7, 10:07 AM
Sep 2016
Because of the massive similarities. There a clear signs of inspiration.

1. Main character doesn't have any magic in a world where magic is everything
  2. Main character overcome their lack of magic with muscles
  3. Main character aims to become to become the main bigshot of the world
  4. The magic people is is heavily divided into distinct categories that is pretty much unique for each person
  5. There is a side character with a huge sister complex that can't help himself showing of pictures of her

There are a few more ones but not that it matter. This is all just drawing inspiration and there is nothing wrong with that. Both are distinct series that does their own thing as well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

rasterman7 - May 12, 2023

130 by HaruYing »»
Yesterday, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2023

230 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 5:08 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

124 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

142 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 23, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2023

121 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.