Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 12, 2022 9:11 AM
Sep 2021
Apparently there's 2 short movie before the TV series and i wonder if i should watch it before watching the TV version? What's the different between the movie ver and the TV ver? Is it like the movie was a prequel to the TV series or different timeline?
Jun 12, 2022 9:35 AM
Struggler

Dec 2020
I would definitely recommend watching them.

To my knowledge LWA started out as that original 20ish minute short animation in 2013, and then fans loved it so much they asked for more, which is where that second longer movie came from, which then spawned the show after the fan demand for it. They're super fun and wacky, just like the rest of LWA. And although there are a couple things you can tell they ended up changing into newer fleshed out storylines in the show, the two movies have their own story as well, so it's not like you're rewatching just a shorter version of it.

And as for order, either way is fine imo. I watched the movies after the show, but it actually worked fine since their storylines take place when akko is already enrolled. But you should for sure also be okay watching them in release order as well.

Jun 12, 2022 9:36 AM
Mar 2022
Lmao I enjoyed that show I had no idea there was a movie !
Jun 12, 2022 9:38 AM

Apr 2018
The 2 movies are like a pilot of the tv series. And there's not a real connection between the 2 versions. You can watch any of them first. But the best in my opinion is the tv version.
Jun 12, 2022 9:42 AM
Struggler

Dec 2020
I would also like to point out, that I think there's one plot line in the show that is a pretty big reveal story wise that's just shown in the original 2013 version. It's been a while since I watched it so I could be wrong, but I believe this was because Trigger didn't initially think they were gonna do more LWA, so that was just also a plot point in the first 26 minute movie.

So if knowing a certain plot point/reveal that happens in the show itself before hand bothers you, I might actually recommend staring with the TV show, and then watching the movies after.

Jun 12, 2022 10:01 AM
Sep 2021
GabrahamLincoln said:
I would also like to point out, that I think there's one plot line in the show that is a pretty big reveal story wise that's just shown in the original 2013 version. It's been a while since I watched it so I could be wrong, but I believe this was because Trigger didn't initially think they were gonna do more LWA, so that was just also a plot point in the first 26 minute movie.

So if knowing a certain plot point/reveal that happens in the show itself before hand bothers you, I might actually recommend staring with the TV show, and then watching the movies after.

Great! Im going to start with the TV first. Beside that, i want to watch the TV series first because i need to see character development first, i think 25 episode can makes me more attached to the character and then going to watch the movie. Thanks for the advice!
Jun 12, 2022 10:04 AM
Struggler

Dec 2020
doxyvoxy said:
GabrahamLincoln said:

Great! Im going to start with the TV first. Beside that, i want to watch the TV series first because i need to see character development first, i think 25 episode can makes me more attached to the character and then going to watch the movie. Thanks for the advice!

For sure, have fun! It's definitely my favorite Trigger project.

Jun 12, 2022 10:24 AM

Oct 2018
Probably Yess, the Movie came out first before they made this tv series, go give it a watch I think it's better than the tv series itself.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

116 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

159 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.