Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2022 9:54 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
so one of my friend asked me to suggest her some anime and she's like a full on beginner and i want her to really get into anime... but i also kind of bewildered if this anime will be like by someone who is JUST GETTING INTO ANIME...

it's a cruel world out there
Jun 7, 2022 9:59 AM
Sep 2019
Maybe give her a few popular shows at first then after a while suggest violet evergarden to her. Or if she likes this genre, recommend it
Jun 7, 2022 10:08 AM
Aug 2021
if she is a fan of Anne of Green Gables or Pride and Prejudice, I think she would really enjoy it. She can also watch it in the english dub, as it is really good.
Jun 7, 2022 10:13 AM
Nov 2020
find out what her taste first, then proceed to recommend her some popular animes accordingly. take it slow man.maybe some movies from studio Ghibli for now.
Jun 7, 2022 10:14 AM

Jul 2021
This is a pretty ok beginner anime.

Jun 7, 2022 10:20 AM
May 2020
violet was my first anime and im here so...
Jun 7, 2022 10:56 AM
Feb 2021
Tough call, since this doesn’t seem like a “My First Anime” type of series, but I think you should. Besides how good it is, the shortness of the show makes it a quick watch unlike other good firsts like Death Note and FMA. Not to mention there’s the extra content too. Only reason not to is your friend doesn’t like really emotional stuff.
Jun 7, 2022 11:00 AM

Jun 2016
Start the with most popular anime out there but also within her taste
Jun 7, 2022 11:13 AM
Nov 2015
There are better introductory animes there (Code Geass, Death Note, FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood), but this is not bad series. Like stated above, you could try to find her tastes first.
Jun 7, 2022 11:47 AM
Nov 2021
just go with it don't doubt yourself 😉
Jun 7, 2022 12:36 PM
Aug 2021
before I say anything else.

CANT GO WRONG WITH THE CLASSICS
both modern and ancient their classics for a reason

when it comes to recommendations for anything. just appeal to their tastes foremost. And then hit them with a super duper high quality thing maybe not fully inline with what they like. Then just smack em with the left field "they probably won't be into this BUT". then it's anything from there lol.

or just do whatever
don't care!
Jun 7, 2022 1:08 PM
Sep 2021
If she is a complete newbie then give her shows like JJK, AOT, Death Note, Code Geass, demon Slayer stuff like that. Then give her shows like this. That's what I think but her taste matters the most so if you think this is within her tastes then go ahead without a worry.
Jun 7, 2022 1:50 PM
Jan 2021
This one and Your Lie in April are really easy to get people into anime. I’ve gotten around 10 people into anime just by them watching YLIA, so this is a good suggestion too.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jun 7, 2022 1:52 PM
Jan 2021
Yasirisbored said:
If she is a complete newbie then give her shows like JJK, AOT, Death Note, Code Geass, demon Slayer stuff like that. Then give her shows like this. That's what I think but her taste matters the most so if you think this is within her tastes then go ahead without a worry.

I’m not sure if shounen or the like (C:G) are always good suggestions. That’s why I think YLIA, this show, Your Name, A Silent Voice are way better shows to start most people out. Even Spy Family is a really good starter.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jun 7, 2022 2:35 PM

Mar 2015
-soniya- said:
so one of my friend asked me to suggest her some anime and she's like a full on beginner and i want her to really get into anime... but i also kind of bewildered if this anime will be like by someone who is JUST GETTING INTO ANIME...

its not about just getting into or just getting out of. you should know your friend better then I do so you decide. objectively its jus as good as any anime of similar production quality
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jun 7, 2022 4:13 PM
Nov 2018
-soniya- said:

bro, it doesnt matter

we all know most of us got in because of some shitty isekai like sao lol

just note that if she does get in, she'll basically worship the series

i guess it is better than like 70% of other anime tho lol

you can recommend her no game no life if your friend doesnt mind henti
Jun 7, 2022 6:43 PM
Mar 2021
-soniya- said:

recommend some shonen first ( naruto, my hero academia, death note, aot,haikyuu etc) then these type of animes because even if it is good but if she isn't in this genre then violet evergarden is quite boring
Jun 7, 2022 6:54 PM
Jan 2022
-soniya- said:

This was my second anime that I watched and I would say it was a good gate way into other things. It had violence, romance, it touched on different emotions and when just starting out not knowing what you’ll like I’d say it helped. :)
Jun 7, 2022 6:57 PM
Aug 2021
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita.
Jun 8, 2022 1:36 AM
Dec 2021
-soniya- said:

tbh i thought this was one of the most accessable anime to new viewers, its very grounded and covers very real issues all while looking frigin fantastic
Jun 8, 2022 6:12 AM
Mar 2021
-soniya- said:

Violet is a great one if you're already in anime, but for a beginner it may not be a good idea, although it depends on her taste of what kind of shows she's into.
Jun 8, 2022 10:39 AM
Mar 2021
I mean considering I have this show as a 10 I would of course. It’s really up to them if they want to feel pain every episode though.
Jun 8, 2022 10:39 AM
Feb 2021
Violet Evergarden is amazing but I'm not sure if is a good first anime... I think it depends on her taste, if she likes romances then try to with Sukkitte Ii Na Yo or something light and wholesome. But if she's more into action then try Jujutsu Kaisen or Kimetsu no Yaiba.
If you're unsure of what she likes, then I'd go for some short animes or movies (I think Your Name is a really good first anime movie).
But definitely recommend Violet Evergarden at some point (well, unless she's not into emotional stuff)!
Jun 8, 2022 6:06 PM
Feb 2021
violet evergarden is a real masterpiece with animation, setting, story, character design and character development. Recommend your friend but I suggest warning her on how sad it could get
Jun 8, 2022 11:43 PM
May 2022
It really depends if I'm being honest. Non-anime viewers mostly put Anime off cause they think of them as mere cartoons. If your friend is into really slow drama TV then I think she'll live it right off the bat but if she is into more mainstream TV then I think you should make her watch some shows that'll get her hooked on to the concept of anime first and then recommend this show.
Jun 9, 2022 3:59 AM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Depends entirely on what she likes. Does she like soft romance anime with a lot of feelings and sadness? Will she like slow things better or more fast paced? It all depends on what she likes.
Jun 9, 2022 4:00 AM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Also, go for short anime so she can actually enjoy more than one show in a month or so. This is short so go for it if she likes it. Most of the classics are way too long for beginners to get into.
Jun 9, 2022 4:01 AM
Jul 2018
If your friend gets emotional at the slightest of things then they might like it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

619 by NubFix »»
May 2, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2018

319 by NubFix »»
May 2, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.