Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2022 4:56 AM
Apr 2015
To me how Rock was out of character ??

If you watched the 2nd season , he was already starting to become use to death in front of him. Through his meetings and experiences with Balalaika and Yukio he started changing , when she died it was pretty much the final straw for him. That’s why Revy didn’t want him to look at them when they committed suicide but it was too late. That last shred of humanity was pretty much gone. Throughout the whole season and in Roberta’s Blood Trail she could see Rock succumbing to Roanapur but that’s what she didn’t want.

In Roberta’s Blood Trail it was just the culmination of the amount of time he was in Roanapur. Balalaika understood this as well, there were numerous people that believed Rock could become one of the most dangerous people in the future.

It’s not like he could go back anyway , he’ll continue to become more ruthless and cold hearted. Dutch , Revy and Benny regret bringing him to Roanapur, they saw a decent man like Rock get corrupted by Roanapur.

Apr 21, 2022 5:45 AM
Sep 2020
People are saying he is out of character?
Apr 21, 2022 5:55 AM

Jul 2015
Dunno what is there to explain.
What you described here is just character development.

Apr 21, 2022 6:02 AM
May 2020
You answered your own question in a way
Apr 21, 2022 6:13 AM
Apr 2015
Dublis91 said:
Piromysl said:
Komla_6 said:

When I looked at the episode discussion so many people were saying how he was out of character for how he acted in Roberta’s Blood Trail but that didn’t make any sense
Apr 21, 2022 6:16 AM

Jul 2015
DragonIncursio said:
Dublis91 said:
Piromysl said:
Komla_6 said:

When I looked at the episode discussion so many people were saying how he was out of character for how he acted in Roberta’s Blood Trail but that didn’t make any sense

It's been like 7 years since I watched it, so I might not be sure, but after glasses girl killed herself in front of him Rock completely changed. That happened at the very end of the Second Barrage, just before Roberta's Blood Trial. Everything makes sense. People just can't grasp the concept of character development.
PiromyslApr 21, 2022 7:30 AM

Apr 21, 2022 6:35 AM
May 2020
DragonIncursio said:
Dublis91 said:
Piromysl said:
Komla_6 said:

i agree with you fully, rock becomes desensitized as the series progresses due to the raw brutality of Roanapur and the life he's in. if they cant understand that rock is going through character development, den long day for these man for real
Apr 21, 2022 8:24 AM
Nov 2021
I think that's just his character developing as the show goes. On a side note glad to see a thread on this show my feed has been filled with just threads about spy family ratings and people saying how bad shikimori is lmao
Apr 21, 2022 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
Kasutoro-Kun said:
I think that's just his character developing as the show goes. On a side note glad to see a thread on this show my feed has been filled with just threads about spy family ratings and people saying how bad shikimori is lmao

same... my feed is filled with AOT always, and now SXF. I'm glad people still remember this underrated show after so many years, kinda wished they made more after RBT, but it just ended weirdly without any future plans.
Apr 22, 2022 12:31 AM
Mar 2020
It’s not out of his character. In this arc, Rock literally became what Recy was trying to protect him from becoming. It’s been shown in the previous 2 seasons that Rock isn’t as kind as he looks. In this arc he’s just showing his true self or at least a part of it.

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 22, 2022 9:02 AM
Apr 2015
Piromysl said:
DragonIncursio said:

It's been like 7 years since I watched it, so I might not be sure, but after glasses girl killed herself in front of him Rock completely changed. That happened at the very end of the Second Barrage, just before Roberta's Blood Trial. Everything makes sense. People just can't grasp the concept of character development.

Exactly this. !! He was slowly changing
Apr 22, 2022 9:03 AM
Apr 2015
Komla_6 said:
DragonIncursio said:

i agree with you fully, rock becomes desensitized as the series progresses due to the raw brutality of Roanapur and the life he's in. if they cant understand that rock is going through character development, den long day for these man for real

Facts , all the death and violence he has seen in roanapur has affected him. How can people expect it not to
Apr 22, 2022 9:04 AM
Apr 2015
Kasutoro-Kun said:

It is lol gotta bring back some of the classics , wouldn’t mind BL getting a remake
Apr 22, 2022 9:06 AM
Apr 2015
MeVike said:
It’s not out of his character. In this arc, Rock literally became what Recy was trying to protect him from becoming. It’s been shown in the previous 2 seasons that Rock isn’t as kind as he looks. In this arc he’s just showing his true self or at least a part of it.

This 100%, Revy didn’t want him to become corrupted by Roanapur. That’s why Revy , Dutch and Benny regret bringing Rock there. Especially Revy she has been by Rock’s side and has slowly seen him slipping further and further into darkness. He blew up people that tried to kill him in the first episode and I believe he manipulated someone else even before all that.
Apr 22, 2022 10:34 AM
May 2021
U kinda just answered ur own question. And tbh I kinda liked the new rock at the end rather than him in the beginning
Apr 23, 2022 10:59 PM
Apr 2018
One of the main themes of the show is the conflict between Revy's desire for redemption via Rock vs. Rock's potential corruption.

In the end, Rock's corruption more or less wins. Revy is angry mostly because she has lost any hope of redemption.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Jun 23, 2011

218 by Tulkas-Astaldo »»
Mar 21, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Banshee-IV - Mar 11, 2011

108 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 24, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Banshee-IV - Jan 9, 2011

138 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 1, 2010

102 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

yakisobapan - Jun 26, 2010

173 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 22, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.