Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2022 8:41 PM

Jul 2017
just checked this again and found Foggle's review not here (prob late on this but still), confused and sad times. Last time i checked it had like 4.7k upvotes or something
ZerityFeb 25, 2022 8:46 PM
Feb 25, 2022 8:52 PM
Jan 2022
Tis truly a sad moment
Feb 25, 2022 8:54 PM

Jul 2017
@CJRike indeed why most mal do shit like this
Feb 25, 2022 10:32 PM

Jan 2020
One of the most iconic reviews of all time : (

A bit strange they removed it recently when they had all these years to do so though

Feb 26, 2022 12:19 AM

Jun 2015
Was it Foggle or MAL who removed it?
Feb 26, 2022 3:13 PM

Jul 2019
BrotherMeSoftly said:
MAL staff. See his profile. https://myanimelist.net/profile/PunishedHametsu

-------------

The legendary scriptures in itself:
4701 people found this review helpful

This is by far the anime medium's magnum opus. Mars of Destruction is the best animated movie I've seen in years, if not ever. In terms of science-fiction related media, this blows other greats such as Heinlein's works, Battlestar Galactica, and Neon Genesis Evangelion out of the water. Truly an experience I will never forget, and oh, what an experience it was!

Story: 10/10
This film is highly philosophical. I actually felt regret when the Big Bad Ancient Guy told Random Armored Cop Dude that the humans were the true invaders of Earth. This plot twist was stunning and, on the whole, thought-provoking. It was like something written by Kafka.

Art/Animation: 10/10
This movie is so amazing that it actually makes DEEN's animation look like Madhouse by comparison. It gave me more appreciation for other anime titles! I love you, Mars Of Destruction!!!

Sound: 10/10
The voice acting is absolutely perfect. When the characters yell each other's names repeatedly you will FEEL the emotion. The OST recorded by Beethoven himself is also marvelous. He did an excellent job, as always.

Characters: 10/10
The characters are all equally well-done, from Green Hair Girl to Blue Hair Girl; it's so easy to tell them apart! I especially enjoyed the doctor's dialogue, as I would not have known that the girl whose head exploded was dead without his helpful reminder that "she won't make it."

Enjoyment: 10/10
This picture is absolutely riveting on every level! I could watch it over and over and never get bored!

Overall: 10/10
Run, don't walk, to your nearest YouTube to catch this masterpiece as soon as possible! You won't regret it!
Feb 26, 2022 8:47 PM

Jul 2017
NextUniverse said:
BrotherMeSoftly said:
MAL staff. See his profile. https://myanimelist.net/profile/PunishedHametsu

-------------

The legendary scriptures in itself:
4701 people found this review helpful

This is by far the anime medium's magnum opus. Mars of Destruction is the best animated movie I've seen in years, if not ever. In terms of science-fiction related media, this blows other greats such as Heinlein's works, Battlestar Galactica, and Neon Genesis Evangelion out of the water. Truly an experience I will never forget, and oh, what an experience it was!

Story: 10/10
This film is highly philosophical. I actually felt regret when the Big Bad Ancient Guy told Random Armored Cop Dude that the humans were the true invaders of Earth. This plot twist was stunning and, on the whole, thought-provoking. It was like something written by Kafka.

Art/Animation: 10/10
This movie is so amazing that it actually makes DEEN's animation look like Madhouse by comparison. It gave me more appreciation for other anime titles! I love you, Mars Of Destruction!!!

Sound: 10/10
The voice acting is absolutely perfect. When the characters yell each other's names repeatedly you will FEEL the emotion. The OST recorded by Beethoven himself is also marvelous. He did an excellent job, as always.

Characters: 10/10
The characters are all equally well-done, from Green Hair Girl to Blue Hair Girl; it's so easy to tell them apart! I especially enjoyed the doctor's dialogue, as I would not have known that the girl whose head exploded was dead without his helpful reminder that "she won't make it."

Enjoyment: 10/10
This picture is absolutely riveting on every level! I could watch it over and over and never get bored!

Overall: 10/10
Run, don't walk, to your nearest YouTube to catch this masterpiece as soon as possible! You won't regret it!

thank you for reposting his review, the holy scriptures must live on
Sep 27, 2022 1:07 AM

Mar 2018
rip the best review in this site :(

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mars of Destruction Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shegoblin - Aug 31, 2008

413 by Virtecek »»
Mar 18, 9:25 AM

» Fandub

madcollector101 - May 25, 2022

6 by PxHC »»
Jul 11, 2023 8:38 PM

» Could have been good

removed-user - Nov 2, 2021

6 by ptero93 »»
May 21, 2022 1:17 PM

» ancients literally blowned a head and not even one character reacted to it

NaughtySempai - Nov 2, 2021

5 by James_xeno »»
Feb 28, 2022 2:22 AM

Poll: » ♡What is your opinion on Hametsu no Mars?♡

cherri-pie - Feb 6, 2021

11 by Sexyjutsu »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.