Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 11, 2010 12:56 PM
May 2009
hello everybody :)
I've just started to read this manga, and I was wondering if there is any possibility for happy ending in this story ??
Have anybody read it all already?
I just don't like read or watch sad/tragic endings, so I'd like to know beforehand... before I get too much drawn by this story,cos I really don't like to cry while reading manga...
Dec 12, 2010 3:55 PM
Sep 2009
To tell you the truth i downloaded the raw for the manga volume 4?! i dunno what happens francis is holding Natali's while in the bed?! then a child girl appears at the end infront of a sleeping francis holding a book while crying!? i dunno is this his child or did natali die by any chance!? it is confusing i will just wait for the translations!? i am really in love with the story and characters!? :P

please if you understand japanese can u tell me what happens :P
thats all i could tell u!? if it was a happy ending or not!? i can't tell you precisely until i understand what is happening
Nov 11, 2012 4:22 PM
Aug 2012
No happy ending she dies, this manga was tragic all thorughout, damn the mangaka never made the main char happy, I think the only time she was happy was when she was raising francis but it seemed more like remorse rather than happy.

There's this whole arc where Nathalie gets jealous of a younger girl (Millefine) who shows interest in Francis. She's then invited to go to America by Madame Chiffone (Elaine's crush's old fiancee) and stuff happens there, Nathalie enters into a relationship with her sponsor, Jeff Howard, but later breaks it off with him. Nathalie returns to France when Francis is 18, and they end up in kind of a weird relationship. The curly-black-haired girl is Evian's sister, named Millefine. I think she's a super spoiled brat who thinks she can get anything 'cause she's cute. She was saying something about how Francis told her, "Let's get married, Millefine." but I'm not sure if it's just her delusion or not. She curses Nathalie because of her return, and tries to kill her but ends up stabbing herself in the leg during the scuffle. Nathalie is reminded that it's a really similar situation to the Francis1 situation, where her appearance negatively affected another woman's relationship with the one she loved. Francis is mortified, and obliged to spend time with Millefine in the hospital, but keeps saying, "I can't love you/give you what you want," but Nathalie gets jealous anyway. Millefine doesn't have a romance with Felhan I don't think, I think it's more like, they're in the same boat because Felhan also loves Francis (and confessed to him, much to his shock.) but can never have him.

Elaine confesses to Mr. Lanberre (the old man) but he has a thing for a maid from the past named Gloria, so he can't accept her feelings. Michele (the doctor/blonde guy with glasses) falls for Elaine and they end up together. Then Nathalie and Francis sleep together, and Nathalie gets pregnant, though through some weird delusions, she falls down the stairs and has a miscarriage. I think her state of mind deteriorates with this; she can't accept that she had a miscarriage, and she gets sick or something. The last scene with Nathalie is when she and Francis are sleeping together saying "Je t'aime" (French for "I love you") over and over again. I'm pretty sure she died, Francis says "And that was our last time together" or something. The little girl in the epilogue is Michele and Elaine's daughter (her name is Ediito phonetically, so maybe "Edith" but pronounced the French way?) She's saying how all the books that Francis reads (or writes??) about the princes and princesses are really great. And she loves them all.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Nov 11, 2012 4:53 PM
May 2009
Thank you both, for yours answers! :)

then it's good I didn't read this story because tragic isn't really my thing... I prefer crying from laughing :)
life is sad and tragic enough from time to time, to depress myself more reading manga like that :) that's my philosophy :D

Peace :)
Aug 8, 2019 7:25 PM
Aug 2019
Anyone know of any other manga as good as this one ?
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.