Forum Settings
Forums

What was it like fansubbing for anime for the first time?

New
Feb 12, 2022 7:48 PM

May 2017
Any former or new fan sub ears out there? I was wondering what a fansubber does to improve the work of a manga or anime in question? It sounds like an interesting gig.
Feb 12, 2022 8:17 PM

May 2021
I never do fansub officially though I did try doing my own subtitles for episode 1 of ReLIFE, Tower of God and Akatsuki no Yona. It's really so satisfying to watch again the episode with the words that you choose. Idk about improvement since it's not like I'm doing it professionally but the advantage is you can make a sentence that fits the situation more, WITHOUT deviating from the real japanese words/dialogues, and that's really a win.

In all of the time I've been watching anime, I did encounter many times that I'm not satisfied with the subs. Like, some do fit the situation but either the translation deviates a bit or become a whole completely different translation at all, or the translation simply went wrong. So the moment I'm faced with this I literally wanna scream to all of the other people that watches the anime and don't understand japanese, like, "guys noooo that's not what he/she's saying!! The subs are wrong! You guys got different meaning insteadddd NOOOOO" and ugh I was exhausted LMAO

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 4 hours ago

74 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
1 minute ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Apr 25

32 by Kenzolo-folk »»
8 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

76 by Bandulf »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 1 hour ago

4 by Zettaiken »»
12 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.