Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 30, 2021 5:58 AM
Mar 2017
it's unprecedented for a movie to have canon info and relevance to the main story, even movies 10-14 that were created with the guiding hand of Oda are 100% not canon and only contain slight canon stuff like Kuzan's post-time-skip design or Shiki's existence even if the events of the movie regarding him are non-canon.
however- since Oda can't be writing OP for much longer yet wish he could if health and age permitted him to, and a movie about an existing character is also the first time of all the movies so far- the possibility of a canon movie is there and real.
-
so what do you think? will this be the first canon movie with relevance and importance to the main plot, or will this turn out to be a gimmick and the movie itself will still be filler and possibly not even that much directly involving Shanks, just related to him somehow.
Nov 30, 2021 6:08 AM
Mar 2016
… … … … … … … … … … …
No.
Nov 30, 2021 6:11 AM

May 2018
I really hope its canon but the female villain on the poster doesn't look too canon to me imo.
Even if it isn't id still be hyped to see shanks use any amount amount of his fighting abilities as that is something the fanbase has been waiting years to see and especially scale.

As for shank's flashbacks, even if they were to incorporate it into the movies id still want them to also dedicate some time for it in the manga/anime aswell (like they did with Roger and Whitebeard), because we don't not live in a perfect world and not everyone will go out of their way to watch the movies.
Nov 30, 2021 8:04 AM
Nov 2019
I hope so, but I think it won't be :(
Nov 30, 2021 8:45 AM

Jan 2008
I guess the real answer is we don't know yet.

That said, I expect there will be certain elements which will be canonical.

Presumably anything related to the past of Shanks and his fighting skills.

But again, at this point that is only speculation.
Nov 30, 2021 9:04 AM
Feb 2017
Hardly, like u said it would be unpredecedented, so the chance is very slim and it's better to not create high expectations, best case scenario we get the best OP Movie ever and worst case we just get a good movie and some well deserved shanks screentime, but that may not be true canon, so let's just wait and see
Nov 30, 2021 9:55 AM

Sep 2015
Eiichiro Oda is still considering on writing a new series after he finishes One Piece, it's not going to be a long series, it's going to be a short Sci-fi mecha series as he stated.

Well, one things for sure, we might see Shanks fight, and there is no way his abilities or movesets can simply be made up, so at least maybe that is canon.

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 30, 2021 10:22 AM

Apr 2018
Probably a few scenes but as a whole, I don't think so.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 30, 2021 11:32 AM
Nov 2020
One Piece Film Red will be supervised by Eiichiro Oda himself and he confirmed the movie will be canon to the storyline as this movie focuses on Shanks' past and his backstory.
Nov 30, 2021 12:07 PM

Jan 2017
No, it won't be canon.
You should have gotten a hint by now after SW, Gold, Z and Stampede!
Nothing is canon outside of the manga!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Nov 30, 2021 6:55 PM

Aug 2021
I think some of it would be canon as was the case for Film Z

but other than that whole of it must be non-canon
Nov 30, 2021 10:09 PM

Feb 2020
I think it must be canon since it is related to Shanks
Nov 30, 2021 10:49 PM
Apr 2021
No, it won't be canon.

Dec 1, 2021 12:16 AM
Nov 2020
PirateHasan said:
No, it won't be canon.

Oda would never supervise a movie if it werent canon. The movie focuses on Shanks' backstory so i am pretty sure it is gonna be canon. Were those movies (Sw, Gold, Z and stampede) supervised by oda?
Dec 3, 2021 12:25 AM

Jan 2017
WessamIsAWeeaboo said:
PirateHasan said:
No, it won't be canon.

Oda would never supervise a movie if it werent canon. The movie focuses on Shanks' backstory so i am pretty sure it is gonna be canon. Were those movies (Sw, Gold, Z and stampede) supervised by oda?

Yes, he was involved in each of the movies, especially Strong World.
None of them turned out to be canon, so expect the same from RED.

The movie will mostly will be a fanservice to everyone!
Dec 3, 2021 1:36 AM
Mar 2017
PirateHasan said:
WessamIsAWeeaboo said:

PirateHasan said:
WessamIsAWeeaboo said:

The movie will mostly be fanservice to everyone!

it's true that Oda was involved in movies 10-14, however, Movie 15(Red) has 1 thing that is different to all movies 1-14. the Main focus\character of the movie is not a previously unknown villain, but a character that is 100% canon and vital to the main story, so Movie 15 is already unlike any of the previous movies both the ones that Oda worked on and the ones that he didn't. so comes the question- why make a movie called "Red" and the focus is Shanks, only to do a very dirty move of introducing some non-canon villain that pops out of nowhere and maybe has some dumb grudge against Shanks and Luffy will beat him and that's it? it's possible but it will be a very sneaky and shameful move to brand this Movie as a "Shanks Movie" but then do something like that.
not to mention- Manga wise right now is an absolute Top Tier in the entire world of One Piece so they have only 1 last chance of creating a movie with a villain that can actually pose some threat to Luffy and that's in the travel time between WCI and Wano, and even then it's very problematic because only half the crew was doing that trip with Luffy while the others were already at Wano.
Dec 3, 2021 5:39 PM
May 2019
It is likely going to be non-cannon with a cannon element or two, similar to how he revealed "Laugh Tale" in Stampede.

On Twitter, Oda said "I am tired of drawing legendary old grandpas in movies! I want to draw a new little female character! That's the character I want to make now!"

From his words, it doesn't seem like cannon. Rather, it seems as though he's only thought of it recently, and it will not be as well thought out to actually fit well into the story of One Piece and Shanks' backstory. It would definitely be interesting if it is cannon though, so I hope I'm wrong.

Dec 9, 2021 1:52 AM

Oct 2020
For the movie, we need three things; filler, filler and more filler.
-Eiichiroleon Odaparte
Dec 13, 2021 9:52 AM
Dec 2020
What if there will be a flashback of shanks where we might able see young shanks vs young Blackbeard
Dec 15, 2021 5:52 AM

Jul 2021
Ofc One Piece as a whole never disappoints if you're someone who wants to enjoy the journey throughout and this movie is something we should sit and relax because Shanky is about to appear!!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 15, 2021 2:45 PM
Nov 2020
Honestly i think that it is canon because Shanks did visit sky island with roger and couldve met the girl on the poster (she looks like a skypian) so she might have something to do with Shanks' past idk. But at least we get to see him after a decade
Dec 20, 2021 12:21 AM

Jan 2017
zaganGao said:
PirateHasan said:

PirateHasan said:

it's true that Oda was involved in movies 10-14, however, Movie 15(Red) has 1 thing that is different to all movies 1-14. the Main focus\character of the movie is not a previously unknown villain, but a character that is 100% canon and vital to the main story, so Movie 15 is already unlike any of the previous movies both the ones that Oda worked on and the ones that he didn't. so comes the question- why make a movie called "Red" and the focus is Shanks, only to do a very dirty move of introducing some non-canon villain that pops out of nowhere and maybe has some dumb grudge against Shanks and Luffy will beat him and that's it? it's possible but it will be a very sneaky and shameful move to brand this Movie as a "Shanks Movie" but then do something like that.
not to mention- Manga wise right now is an absolute Top Tier in the entire world of One Piece so they have only 1 last chance of creating a movie with a villain that can actually pose some threat to Luffy and that's in the travel time between WCI and Wano, and even then it's very problematic because only half the crew was doing that trip with Luffy while the others were already at Wano.

I've stopped getting trolled from movies, I just treat them as special filler episodes with high quality animation. My expectations for this movie lies from -1000 to 0.
I'm just interested in extra screen time for Shanks, he will be a vital part in the upcoming One Piece story arcs, but for this movie...just want to hear his voice or the voices of crew members.
Dec 28, 2021 9:59 PM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
tookthisusername said:

What exactly was 'canon' from that film?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 28, 2021 10:43 PM

Aug 2021
Sasori_Nagashi said:
tookthisusername said:

Aokiji losing a leg while fighting Akainu was never shown in manga but was shown in the flim z
also as in Movie stampede the term "Laugh tale" was revealed way before than in manga
Dec 28, 2021 10:54 PM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
tookthisusername said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

Aokiji losing a leg while fighting Akainu was never shown in manga but was shown in the flim z
also as in Movie stampede the term "Laugh tale" was revealed way before than in manga

Fair enough. I really wasn't a fan of that movie just because of the silly concept

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 29, 2021 10:47 AM

Jan 2021
I hope that will be the case, tho most likely It will not be.
Jan 6, 2022 7:07 PM
Jan 2022
As Strawhats are there in this movie, kind of unsure that this will be cannon
Apr 12, 2022 5:58 PM
Sep 2015
zaganGao said:
PirateHasan said:

PirateHasan said:

Is shanks even gonna be the focus? I feel like he will only be there in flash backs,

I really hope this movie won't be as much as a disappointment of stampede. That movie was pure fan service
Apr 13, 2022 12:08 AM

Jan 2019
WessamIsAWeeaboo said:
One Piece Film Red will be supervised by Eiichiro Oda himself and he confirmed the movie will be canon to the storyline as this movie focuses on Shanks' past and his backstory.

No he NEVER confirmed it and it will never be canon

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Film: Red Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Aug 5, 2022

253 by wallus81 »»
2 hours ago

» Is this the worst one piece movie? ( 1 2 )

EndlessMaria - Mar 10, 2023

69 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Best Film Red Song (Since the movie is now out on streaming services)

Cestlavie_ - Mar 7, 2023

18 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:45 PM

» So where is Kyuubey???

Hitagi__Furude - Mar 11, 2023

5 by Lightzter »»
Mar 13, 2023 9:47 PM

» One Piece FILM RED is Confirmed to be 4th Highest-Grossing Anime Film Worldwide!

Ridzaxster - Feb 17, 2023

8 by yonkoakagami4 »»
Mar 12, 2023 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.