Forum Settings
Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 28, 2021 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
Please tell me there are people who think this movie isn't as good as fans make it out to be . Cause i hardly ever hear any criticism about kimi no nawa . The movie isnt bad but its just not that good . The romance is forced af . The first 30 minutes of the movie is so hard to watch . 30 minutes of them just switching places . They make it seem like its deep lol . There was nothing deep about this show . "These threads represent the flow of time " - this is not deep btw . The characters ? I mean i cant really expect much depth and developement from these characters in a 2 hr movie so i'll let it slide . The ending was pretty wholesome tho and the quality was amazing . Its fine at best
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 28, 2021 4:57 PM
May 2015
I agree 100%
Very good movie but overrated
Nov 28, 2021 5:02 PM
Shirayuki-Fan
Jul 2020
amedoanas said:
I agree 100%
how can it be overrated when you think it is very good? That makes no sense.
Do you like it to much ?
Nov 28, 2021 5:05 PM

Feb 2021
xDemi said:
amedoanas said:
I agree 100%
Do you like it to much ?
what ? Of course he can like as much as he does and still think it’s overrated. if he says gives it an 8 but the majority of people are giving it a 10 then he will most likely come to that conclusion if he absolutely does not think it’s any better than an 8.
harrowedNov 28, 2021 5:08 PM
Nov 28, 2021 5:06 PM
Sep 2019
purpleo1 said:
Please tell me there are people who think this movie isn't as good as fans make it out to be . Cause i hardly ever hear any criticism about kimi no nawa . The movie isnt bad but its just not that good . The romance is forced af . The first 30 minutes of the movie is so hard to watch . 30 minutes of them just switching places . They make it seem like its deep lol . There was nothing deep about this show . "These threads represent the flow of time " - this is not deep btw . The characters ? I mean i cant really expect much depth and developement from these characters in a 2 hr movie so i'll let it slide . The ending was pretty wholesome tho and the quality was amazing . Its fine at best

I mean it's very pretty but confusing
I think that's why people pander to it so much
It's quite good, but it's not a masterpiece that every seems to make it out to be, though some people can enjoy it and there's nothing wrong with that tbh
But I agree
All opinions are valid, unless they hurt people. Or suck.
Nov 28, 2021 5:09 PM
Shirayuki-Fan
Jul 2020
eexi said:
xDemi said:
Do you like it to much ?
what ? Of course he can like as much as he does and still think it’s overrated. if he says gives it an 8 but the majority of people are giving it a 10 then he will most likely come to that conclusion.
with numbers it made sense but not without numbers. Just my logic just ignore it.
Nov 28, 2021 5:14 PM
May 2015
I mean it’s good to an extent
Very good doesn’t mean perfect
The art is fantastic and I like the story
But in the end I don’t think it deserves to be ranked this high
That’s why I said it’s “overrated”
There are other movies that are much better
Kimitsu no yaiba Mugan Train for example and others yet it’s ranked much lower (just my opinion)
Nov 28, 2021 5:18 PM
May 2021
Yep, it's not as good as people say. It is good but just not that good, i think the only thing that boosted my rating for this anime is because of it's amazing animation and visuals also the musics are pretty good ngl, however there's not so much depth into the story nor the characters so yeah.

And one more thing, A silent voice easily clears Your name
Nov 28, 2021 6:29 PM
Jan 2021
It's a very good movie but it's so overrated like it's not really that deep and the 2 main characters hardly even interact with each other so how tf do they fall in love and how come every time they switch bodies their personalities change. Like it's good but story wise it's just not there. I loved the animation and the story as well it's just wasn't executed as well as it could have.
Nov 28, 2021 6:36 PM

Jan 2021
purpleo1 said:
im one of the fans of this movie

yes the story is good but not that great 7/10, the character isn't that good 6/10,
the visual is very well done and great 9/10, the music is very magical 9/10.

from all of the aspect above i can give this movie like 8/10, but there is magical feeling everytime i watching this movie, no matter how much i watched it, so i give it 9/10.

Nov 28, 2021 6:44 PM
Mar 2021
purpleo1 said:

Agreed I think its overrated af.
Nov 28, 2021 6:49 PM
Feb 2021
purpleo1 said:

Most people simply disagree with you, and you'll have to learn to be okay with that someday lol
Nov 28, 2021 6:52 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
purpleo1 said:

Mate with respect you said your self the quality is amazing and the ending is wholesome - That on any worth-while scale makes it better then 'fine'.

It serves its purpose perfectly, what more did it promise you that you didn't get? And who says it's particularly deep as a main selling point? People think it has emotional depth and resonance, that not the same as them saying it's Legend of the Galactic Heros.

Judge films for what they want to be my friend, not what you want them to be. Don't worry, there's always another anime out there that will be exactly what you hoped😊👍
Nov 28, 2021 7:12 PM
Sep 2021
You are right you are not the only one. O didnt enjoy the movie too. But i think,it os solely because of the fact that i had watched it for 1 week😂 how can anyone get the enjoyment of a movie like this. So i decided to rewatch your name.
Nov 28, 2021 7:33 PM
Jan 2021
Agreed on the most part except for the Musubi threads comment(not gonna waste my time explaining it since your only argument on it is "this is not that deep btw". You can just google it yourself).

Shinkai Makoto's animes are usually teenage/coming of age romance done well with simple story and beautiful animation(so don't focus on the story depth, instead focus on the underlying theme that it has such as the Musubi threads).
Hot_Green_TeaNov 28, 2021 7:43 PM
Nov 28, 2021 7:35 PM
Oct 2021
purpleo1 said:

I agree with point that character development was little less but you misunderstood many parts.
First the movie is divided into two part critics favorite and fan favorite. The first part which you find difficult was critics fav and the last minutes where fans favorite which you stated.
The depth part is where you find hard time watching, for critics to it fav is that change in bodies and daily life as it depicts how life is pleasant for other from your pov and vice versa, like it was said by girl that she want a Tokyo boy life but when she really gets, she understands that life not easy for everyone with their own struggles.
For us weebs the nice part about it is how both find hard to deal with their everyday and opposite gender life in very realistic way. Which leads to romance part like I agree that romance was somehow forced as we directly witnessed the girl crying part when boy went for date with his senior for her to understand she is love but that only if you relay on visuals and dialog to understand the story as the animation didn't hinted it before because
It was showing from characters pov and the characters didn't realize it before that point but it didn't mean it was forced as both were living each others life and hence they started to know each other more and started to know their's personality by people around them. If that was not enough they started taking with each other by phone memo It was something like old time exchanging letters and then falling in love. The anime gets what it deserve it just you don't understand the story fully. The only parts you where right it not much characters developments except taki and mizhu that was also in endings which you find nice.
AnuraKnowsNov 29, 2021 6:36 AM
Nov 28, 2021 7:59 PM
Feb 2021
I agree with you! Kimi no na Wa isn't bad, but it's not this great masterpiece that everyone says that it is. I prefer Weathering with You.
Nov 28, 2021 8:07 PM
Nov 2021
DUDE you truely took my words from my mouth I have been thinking the same thing but didn't want any controversial so I didn't say anything but I gotta salute u brave soldier u truely have my deepest respect
Nov 28, 2021 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
AnuraKnows said:
purpleo1 said:

I agree with point that character development was little less but you misunderstood many parts.
First the movie is diveded into two part critics favorite and fan favorite. The first part which you find difficult was critics fav and the last minutes where fans favorite which you stated.
The depth part is where you find hard time watching, for critics to it fav is that change in bodies and daily life as it depicts how life is pleasant for other from your pov and vice versa, like it was said by girl that she want a Tokyo boy life but when she really gets, she understands that life not easy for everyone with their own struggles.
For us weebs the nice part about it is how both find hard to deal with their everyday and opposite gender life in very realistic way. Which leads to romance part like I agree that romance was somehow forced as we directly witnessed the girl crying part when boy went for date with his senior for her to understand she is love but that only if you relay on visuals and dialog to understand the story as the animation didn't hinted it before because
It was showing from characters pov and the characters didn't realize it before that point but it didn't mean it was forced as both were living each others life and hence they started to know each other more and started to know their's personality by people around them. If that was not enough they started taking with each other by phone memo It was something like old time exchanging letters and then falling in love. The anime gets what it deserve it just you don't understand the story fully. The only parts you where right it not much characters developments except taki and mizhu that was also in endings which you find nice.
makes sense . Usually i dont have a hard time understanding an anime but this probably wasnt my cup of tea
Nov 28, 2021 8:16 PM

Jan 2021
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO s

still a horrible movie

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Nov 28, 2021 8:35 PM
Dec 2020
5 cm/s is better than Kimi no na wa
Nov 28, 2021 9:02 PM
Jul 2020
purpleo1 said:

I totally understand where you’re coming from. I personally thought it was a great movie, but I’m not picky about which anime I watch and any romance anime will satisfy me. But, people are going to like what they like.

Nov 28, 2021 9:05 PM
Dec 2020
Agree(15 character limit)
Nov 28, 2021 9:07 PM

May 2020
You hardly hear any criticism about Kimi no Nawa? Now this time surely you're the only one.
Nov 28, 2021 10:04 PM
Feb 2021
I gave it 8 out of 10 because it had more potential but besides a mid ending the entire film was really really good and I'd recommend to everyone
Nov 28, 2021 10:09 PM

Jan 2021
purpleo1 said:
You're not the only one. I didn't like the movie too. The characters and their relationship looks so forced to me lol. Animation and soundtrack were amazing no doubt but plot and everything else sucks.
Nov 28, 2021 10:34 PM
Jul 2021
Agreed. To me the movie is only 7/10, can't go higher than that. But the OST was lit 🔥🔥🔥
Nov 28, 2021 10:41 PM
Jul 2021
Ya I agree
(15 characters limit)
Nov 28, 2021 11:06 PM
Feb 2021
Imo it’s an easy 10/10 for me🤷
Nov 28, 2021 11:46 PM
Apr 2021
purpleo1 said:

I didn’t like it that much the first time but I’ve seen it 3 times and I can say I have changed my mind
Nov 29, 2021 12:17 AM
Oct 2020
There's plenty other discussion talking about how overrated Kimi no Na wa is. And there's also big name YouTube personality that also think the same, so Kimi no Na wa got plenty of criticism. I too think Cowboy Bebop and Hunter x Hunter is good but massively overrated but it is what it is. Your experience watching something may differ with other people, that's why people have opinions. I think Kimi no Na wa is a masterpiece and it is dear to my heart but if you don't, all power to you
Nov 29, 2021 12:32 AM
Dec 2020
I don't think it's overrated if it appeals to mainstream audiences.. You can call something like paprika a masterpiece while the mainstream will dub it as trash for its fever dream-esc feels

Also, kimi no nawa's romance doesn't feel forced😂 just wanted to give my opinion on thst statement specifically
Nov 29, 2021 12:37 AM

Nov 2021
Decent movie i think i gave it a 6 which in my books is just above average, I definitely think a silent voice is better though
Nov 29, 2021 1:27 AM
Oct 2017
Why are you making this topic that will do nothing but generate hate and arguments? If you didn't like it then fine, keep your opinion to yourself
Nov 29, 2021 1:30 AM
Jan 2021
Ye not many ppl really talk abt why it’s bad
Personally I don’t like it that much bc the characters don’t really develop, the “sad” scenes aren’t sad and it only has animation really going for it but to each their own
Nov 29, 2021 1:51 AM
Mar 2021
I found it on I be one of the best movies ever but I guess if you go in with high expectations you might be disappointed
Nov 29, 2021 1:53 AM
Sep 2021
YES. it was pretty ok but its soooo overrated lmao. At some point it got so boing I barely could finish it.
Nov 29, 2021 1:54 AM

Jan 2021
Arghya_707 said:
I haven’t even seen 5 cm/s but I can already see it’s better

Nov 29, 2021 1:56 AM

Jan 2021
“Cause I hardly ever hear any criticism about Kimi no Na wa”

Oh boy I bet you haven’t seen my replies to some of the Your Name threads here.

Nov 29, 2021 2:05 AM

Aug 2018
the movie is great, just turn your brain off
Nov 29, 2021 2:45 AM

Jun 2021
I also agree with you i also there are so many plots holes that makes no sense about the body switching concept.It's good but i don't think "The best movie" as fans make out of it.
I came 💦😣 I saw 👁👄👁 I came 💦😣 I saw 👁👄👁 I praise the Lord ✝🙏💯 then break the law 💲🔫 I take what's mine 🤔<- then take some more ✡💲 it rains it pours 💦☔ it rains it pours 🌧🌈

Nov 29, 2021 3:08 AM

May 2021
You're not the only one mate.
For me this is a fantastic movie but it felt a bit inconclusive .
And people say it's better than Koe no Katachi, which in my opinion is the best anime movie made and had a satisfying conclusion to the story.
Nov 29, 2021 3:20 AM
Feb 2021
purpleo1 said:
بچه بیا پایین کسشر نگو سرمون درد گرفت (come down kid don't say bullshit i got headache)‍‍
Nov 29, 2021 3:34 AM

Feb 2021
You are mostly right, the movie is good but not more than that. Most people like it because of the pretty colours. One thing you are wrong about is that you think that the fact that the movie is “just two hours” justifies it having zero character development. Movies like koe no katachi are also about 2 hours long and have beautiful character development.
Nov 29, 2021 3:35 AM

May 2020
The movie is good. But overrated
Nov 29, 2021 3:57 AM

Aug 2017
hahaha very funny but no need to make a thread complaining this movie doesnt get enough hate; if you are on discord or any other anime chat there is criticism about this anime quite often as well as people comparing it to a silent voice
Nov 29, 2021 6:03 AM

Jan 2021
purpleo1 said:
Well that’s subjective. One would give 10/10 for a certain anime but another would give 1/10 for the same anime. So yeah it’s just a matter of preference.
MALoween✟Mansion 2023 Candies:

Nov 29, 2021 6:24 AM
Jun 2021
It is a great movie. It is confusing for the first time but a good one. I don't think it is overrated or underated
Nov 29, 2021 8:55 AM
Apr 2021
amedoanas said:
I mean it’s good to an extent
Very good doesn’t mean perfect
The art is fantastic and I like the story
But in the end I don’t think it deserves to be ranked this high
That’s why I said it’s “overrated”
There are other movies that are much better
Kimitsu no yaiba Mugan Train for example and others yet it’s ranked much lower (just my opinion)
In my opinion your name is better than demon slayer the mugan train
Nov 29, 2021 8:58 AM
Apr 2021
Xeltol said:
Arghya_707 said:
I haven’t even seen 5 cm/s but I can already see it’s better
But u haven't seen it that's just hate how can u say it's better and yet u haven't seen it
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Na wa. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

checkdafool - Jul 3, 2016

1387 by Hphone »»
Apr 23, 4:51 AM

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Something I found about Makoto Shinkai's other work

past_feelings - Apr 10

36 by TheSkilledSnake »»
Apr 13, 1:25 PM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

JuliusKingsley0 - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.