Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 28, 2021 10:17 AM
Oct 2019
Since this series was disliked by fans of the og, Should I watch this first to appreciate it?
Nov 28, 2021 12:07 PM
Jan 2021
It somewhat correlates with the end of the movie but not entirely, you’d be fine watching it first although I don’t recommend it, even after the series I don’t recommend it
Nov 28, 2021 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
No, watch it after you finish the original series (including the movie). And Nagato Yuki-chan isn't that bad
Nov 28, 2021 1:11 PM
Aug 2020
It takes place in an “alternate universe” of sorts, so nothing that happens is connected to the original, nor does it spoil anything. However there are a lot of neat references and callbacks to the original that you wouldn’t understand without watching it. So yeah, you can more or less watch it on it’s own, but it’s definitely better after watching the original (including the movie). I also just recommend the original in general because it’s really good.
Nov 28, 2021 2:08 PM
Sep 2018
It’s an alternative what if timeline do not really. But there are heavy references to the original show and movie throughout. So I would recommend you watch the originals first to better appreciate this show. The disappearance of Yuki is also a very different show in tone and plot style from the original Haruhi series which is one of the reasons many dislike it. That and the new animation style puts many people off. I enjoyed it but for sure prefer the original Haruhi series.
Nov 28, 2021 2:36 PM
Oct 2019
aarfran said:
It’s an alternative what if timeline do not really. But there are heavy references to the original show and movie throughout. So I would recommend you watch the originals first to better appreciate this show. The disappearance of Yuki is also a very different show in tone and plot style from the original Haruhi series which is one of the reasons many dislike it. That and the new animation style puts many people off. I enjoyed it but for sure prefer the original Haruhi series.

Thanks alot, I'll try the og series first
Nov 28, 2021 2:47 PM
Sep 2018
Okabe31 said:
aarfran said:

Thanks alot, I'll try the og series first
Awesome! Hope you enjoy. It’s one of my all time favorites and I make it a yearly tradition to rewatch the movie. It takes place during Christmas so it’s almost that time again!
Nov 29, 2021 1:37 AM
Oct 2018
Watch it after you finish the og series and movie. donno why people hate it tho, I liked it
Nov 29, 2021 1:41 AM

Jul 2011
it's quite different from original series, anyway should be watched after all serie+movie, i didn't like it anyway as fan of haruhi an dropped it, it's like a regular cgdct for Nagato fans
Nov 29, 2021 3:37 AM
Jan 2019
It’ll make more sense if you watch the movie, but you need the original anime in order to understand the movie so become a Haruhi fan
Nov 29, 2021 2:31 PM
Aug 2021
I really liked Nagato Yuki and I didn’t like the original series, they are very different. If you want a light romantic comedy it’s a great choice and I think it’s well made. Try the original story but if you aren’t enjoying it then I think you can skip it and just enjoy Nagato Yuki. If you are like me and you love romantic comedy, but don’t enjoy the OG Haruhi story then I think it’s fine without watching the original. (Ps, if you are going to watch the original it’s probably worth watching it in the original airing order and not the chronological order, just a tip).
Nov 29, 2021 2:32 PM
Aug 2021
I really liked Nagato Yuki and I didn’t like the original series, they are very different. If you want a light romantic comedy it’s a great choice and I think it’s well made. Try the original story but if you aren’t enjoying it then I think you can skip it and just enjoy Nagato Yuki. If you are like me and you love romantic comedy, but don’t enjoy the OG Haruhi story then I think it’s fine without watching the original. (Ps, if you are going to watch the original it’s probably worth watching it in the original airing order and not the chronological order, just a tip).
Feb 16, 2022 3:10 PM

Jul 2011
bingo626 said:

I'm sorry, but the airing order isn't very good. I wouldn't watch it in that order unless you want the show to be more confusing.

I would recommend watching at least a few episodes of the anime (so you get to know the characters a bit) then the movie before watching this spin-off series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

138 by Shaka-bun »»
Mar 7, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

181 by Pitt83 »»
Mar 4, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

82 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 17, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

90 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 15, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 31, 8:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.