Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Chimera ant arc /////. OR . ///// Pain aussalt arc.
Nov 15, 2021 3:49 AM
May 2021
Which do u think was better.
Nov 15, 2021 4:03 AM
Jul 2018
Both arc are special for me
removed-userNov 15, 2021 4:27 AM
Nov 15, 2021 4:05 AM
Jul 2021
Neither(15 char limit)
Nov 15, 2021 4:14 AM
Dec 2020
Chimera ant arc is the one that hit harder. Meruem was a really great villain too compared to pain imo
Nov 15, 2021 4:18 AM
Apr 2021
For me chimera ant was so long and boring (it had some epic moments tho)
Nov 15, 2021 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
Chimera Ant Arc. Pain Arc was pretty good but not close. Also, the talk no jutsu at the end of the pain arc made me like it less
Nov 15, 2021 5:05 AM

Aug 2020
CMA was way better ngl

Nov 15, 2021 5:09 AM

Sep 2014
Pain arc didn't give me PTSD yet.
Nov 15, 2021 5:11 AM
Jan 2021
Chimera Ant a lottttt better than any Naruto arc (not hating on Naruto it has good arcs still)
Nov 15, 2021 5:26 AM
Jan 2021
ChipTheDrip said:
Chimera Ant a lottttt better than any Naruto arc (not hating on Naruto it has good arcs still)
Dude , u haven't even watched Naruto shippuden to say that.
Nov 15, 2021 5:28 AM
Jan 2021
Akira_____ said:
ChipTheDrip said:
Dude , u haven't even watched Naruto shippuden to say that.
I have read all of Naruto, Pain arc and Fated Battle are great, War arc honestly great too overhated. and og Naruto has 0 bad arcs, but Chimera Ant still better 🤷
Nov 15, 2021 5:44 AM
Mar 2021
These polls have NO pragmatic use whatsoever.

You wouldn't get the vote from the ENTIRE anime-watching community, so the result would be a cut from the actual thing you're looking for.

And even if you did get the answer from every single anime watcher, it wouldn't make any arc better than the other. There is NO arc better than other. It's subjective.

What SHOULD matter is YOUR favorite. Which would only say what arc made a greater impact on YOU. And that applies to everyone
Nov 15, 2021 5:46 AM

Jan 2021
Chimera ant arc is 100x better than that disastrous Pain arc.
No point of even comparing.
Nov 15, 2021 7:42 AM
May 2020
I would Say that I like both arcs equally, seem as they're so amazing. The key difference between them is that the chimera ant arc was executed much better for it's plot, whilst the pain arc was more about the hype within it, and the overwhelming enjoyment. If I had to choose either one, it would probably be the chimera ant arc, seem as it has one of my favorite antagonist of all time.
Nov 15, 2021 8:15 AM
Jul 2020
even though pain invasion is easily the best naruto arc chimera is peak shounen
Nov 15, 2021 10:17 AM
May 2021
Talking only about the anime ant arc is better
Reason:
Something bad
the pain arc had some horrible animation (rly a way to present one of the most important moments in naruto)

Tha chimera ant arc was dragged out (a few minutes in anime took multiple episodes and annoying narration)
Which one is better:

I pick chimera ant arc as better because of greater character development, better animation, the emotions it got out of me,...
MY OPINION IS OBJECTIVELY CORRECT
Nov 15, 2021 10:59 AM
Jul 2021
Illegalcraft said:
Talking only about the anime ant arc is better
Reason:
Something bad
the pain arc had some horrible animation (rly a way to present one of the most important moments in naruto)

Tha chimera ant arc was dragged out (a few minutes in anime took multiple episodes and annoying narration)
Which one is better:

I pick chimera ant arc as better because of greater character development, better animation, the emotions it got out of me,...

Yeah, I didn’t get why such a big anime had such horrible animation. It got better in the war arc, now that I think about it, but the arc itself was kind of bland and made me want to drop it at the
I haven’t watched hxh, but I picked the chimera arc since I didn’t like when Pain
Kelly32723Nov 15, 2021 11:05 AM
Nov 15, 2021 1:12 PM
Nov 2021
Pain arc was way better I felt like cma was too long and slow and didn't have enough in it in the amount of episodes it took
Nov 15, 2021 3:25 PM
Nov 2021
Chimera ant arc obv
Nov 15, 2021 5:48 PM
Nov 2020
It’s so hard to choose between these two. I love them both.
Nov 15, 2021 8:40 PM
Jul 2021
The chimera ant arc was so slow and boring for about 50 episodes, the pain arc was much better for me, I also think pain was a better villain than meruem.
Nov 16, 2021 12:28 AM

Feb 2021
Nothing even compares to the Chimera Ant arc. It is peak shounen. Comparing the two is insulting.
Nov 16, 2021 1:37 AM

Feb 2021
Lived6 said:
Which do u think was better.

Poll number 69 for the same, nevertheless I choose shogun assassination+Farewell Shinsengumi here.
Good day.
I totally don't care about your opinions unless they intersect with mine of course! If you start crying for something of that sort...
Nov 16, 2021 1:47 AM
Oct 2016
I watched both when I was a teen. I've rewatched the Chimera Ant arc 3 times in the years following. I tried to watch the pain arc again, but i remembered why i stopped watching Naruto after i caught up. Endless flashbacks, over reliance of stills and padding, tons of hit or miss sidecharacters. Jiraya vs Pain was great, the aftermath was amazing, and the Naruto vs Pain fight was also great. The Pain Arc did so much right, but the Chimera Ant arc is the peak of shounen in my opinion, a lot of great doesn't equal up close to perfect
dirt
Nov 16, 2021 4:31 AM
Jul 2021
Ok so I really enjoyed both arcs so I’m just going to say a few takes I have on it (this is just my opinion)

Meruem > Pain
Chimera ant arc took longer to get good
Pain arc was sadder
I preferred fights in chimera ant arc but both was amazing
Soundtrack is better in chimera ant arc
Nov 16, 2021 6:00 AM
Jul 2020
reformedmatous said:
reformedmatous said:
Same, I agree with this. That's why I think the chimera ant arc is overrated
Nov 16, 2021 6:00 AM
Jul 2020
reformedmatous said:
reformedmatous said:
Nov 16, 2021 6:27 AM
Nov 2021
Both series are from my childhood, but back then I liked Naruto more and the hxh 1999 was pretty dark. And when I grew up I decided to watch both (including hxh 2011) and I found it better in many ways, especially the chimera ant arc I really liked it. so i will choose ant arc
Nov 16, 2021 8:38 AM
Jan 2021
idk what you think but for me chinema ant arc was worst and the most boring arc that i've ever seen from popular animes
Nov 16, 2021 9:42 AM

Feb 2021
Both are the worst arcs I've ever seen in shounen anime. Storytelling of both are too bad and have a few unnecessary things that don't bring anything positive to the stories
Nov 17, 2021 2:20 AM

Aug 2020
Really love both of them but I'd say Chimera Ant.

Nov 17, 2021 2:22 AM
Oct 2014
Chimera Ants, favorite in all of shonen.

The 180 Nagato made over Naruto's speech didn't make much sense to me. Still a good arc nonetheless.
Nov 17, 2021 4:04 AM
Sep 2021
RevanElric said:

You wouldn't get the vote from the ENTIRE anime-watching community, so the result would be a cut from the actual thing you're looking for.

And even if you did get the answer from every single anime watcher, it wouldn't make any arc better than the other. There is NO arc better than other. It's subjective.

What SHOULD matter is YOUR favorite. Which would only say what arc made a greater impact on YOU. And that applies to everyone
they want other peoples opinons, forums are widely used for opinons, why are you using this app otherwise, just to save your anime? And if that was the case, why are you on this forum? If these polls don't have any pragmatic use otherwise, just don't go on it.
Nov 17, 2021 4:22 AM
Mar 2021
weebisme1 said:
RevanElric said:

they want other peoples opinons, forums are widely used for opinons, why are you using this app otherwise, just to save your anime? And if that was the case, why are you on this forum? If these polls don't have any pragmatic use otherwise, just don't go on it.

My intention was to convey a fact. That person will like or dislike something based on his own judgement. His judgement CAN be affected by other people's opinion.

Also... Efficient communication is not something you usually get from people (worse on the internet). With that said, this person did ask for opinion on which one is better. But that's the point, there isn't a better anything. It's subjective.

We can give this person perspective maybe some information about something he didn't know. But to tell him which is best it's impossible.
Nov 18, 2021 3:30 AM
Sep 2021
RevanElric said:
weebisme1 said:

My intention was to convey a fact. That person will like or dislike something based on his own judgement. His judgement CAN be affected by other people's opinion.

Also... Efficient communication is not something you usually get from people (worse on the internet). With that said, this person did ask for opinion on which one is better. But that's the point, there isn't a better anything. It's subjective.

We can give this person perspective maybe some information about something he didn't know. But to tell him which is best it's impossible.
Yea but something can be "Better" to someone else. They just meant which one was better to you in YOUR opinon. For instance I might like this Better than this, or this show is better, etc. He also clearly wrote which do "U THINK" Is better. That is clearly asking for a opimom. He didn't write which is the better one, etc. Op asked which was better to you in your opimom basically. You should re read the first post he wrote again.
Nov 18, 2021 3:40 AM
Mar 2021
weebisme1 said:
RevanElric said:

Yea but something can be "Better" to someone else. They just meant which one was better to you in YOUR opinon. For instance I might like this Better than this, or this show is better, etc. He also clearly wrote which do "U THINK" Is better. That is clearly asking for a opimom. He didn't write which is the better one, etc. Op asked which was better to you in your opimom basically. You should re read the first post he wrote again.

I think you should read what I've wrote more carefully
Nov 18, 2021 4:01 AM
Sep 2021
RevanElric said:
weebisme1 said:

I think you should read what I've wrote more carefully
I did, which is why I wrote my reply. Other people can find things " better" to them. If you were going to take things very literally, you are never going to be pleased, especially in a place like MAL. good day.
weebisme1Nov 18, 2021 4:04 AM
Nov 20, 2021 2:20 PM
Apr 2021
RainyElf said:
reformedmatous said:
reformedmatous said:
yeah i even saw ppl saying its the best arc in anime history, like its your opinion but the pacing is as good as one piece's pacing
Nov 20, 2021 4:59 PM
Aug 2019
Pain's arc obviously wtf
Nov 23, 2021 3:36 AM

Dec 2020
Chimera Ant Arc anyday
Nov 23, 2021 2:49 PM

May 2020
One arc is good, the other is the chimera arc

i mean like cmon, u didnt even pick the best arc from that show (hxh) lol
CickNipollaNov 23, 2021 2:53 PM
Nov 26, 2021 5:46 AM
Jan 2021
The chimera ant is superior for me, by a long shot. With a better set of antagonists(Meruem, Shaiapouf, even Neferpitou and Gyro), a much better side cast (Netero, Killua, Palm) and even a better main character (yes, Gon during the Chimera Ant is better written than Naruto) I think it takes the dub. It also just peaked more and higher as an arc, had better atmosphere and worldbuilding and it is just better executed
Nov 26, 2021 5:47 AM
Jan 2021
Bennae said:
The chimera ant is superior for me, by a long shot. With a better set of antagonists(Meruem, Shaiapouf, even Neferpitou and Gyro), a much better side cast (Netero, Killua, Palm) and even a better main character (yes, Gon during the Chimera Ant is better written than Naruto) I think it takes the dub. It also just peaked more and higher as an arc, had better atmosphere and worldbuilding and it is just better executed
Oh I meant to write Naruto during the Pain arc. As of the end of my Naruto reread u will probably have him above Gon by quite a bit

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kefkiroth - Jan 14, 2012

108 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ollyx2OxenFree - Jan 7, 2012

135 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

247Eyes - Aug 3, 2013

323 by CyanGear »»
Yesterday, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Knave - Dec 24, 2011

148 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Dec 17, 2011

108 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.