Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?
Oct 25, 2021 2:43 PM

Feb 2021
From Railgun S it's just fire. btw i love both Railgun and Index but Index 3 sucks...
Anime is love. Anime is life.
Oct 25, 2021 2:53 PM
Shirayuki-Fan
Jul 2020
Just look at the score and you have a answer. Useless poll
Oct 25, 2021 2:55 PM
Shirayuki-Fan
Jul 2020
SpinStudios said:
From Railgun S it's just fire. btw i love both Railgun and Index but Index 3 sucks...
I liked the 3rd season from index the most . It is my unpopular opinion :)
Oct 25, 2021 3:01 PM

Sep 2018
Railgun and Railgun T are pretty average to me though I liked the Index recap stuff. Railgun T is really good.
Oct 25, 2021 3:22 PM

May 2020
One of my favorite anime. I love season 1 and 3
Oct 25, 2021 5:56 PM

Apr 2019
I watched the first season and it was pretty meh. I don't even feel like watching it.

I like Uiharu, the best character.
Oct 25, 2021 6:04 PM
Jan 2021
Only Toaru series I actually liked enough to watch all of
Oct 25, 2021 9:02 PM
Mar 2021
I don't like the zero phylosofy, koroko, slice of life and misaka being a good person with no moral chalenge. I do like toaru majutsu no index though, for having phylosofy, lese koroko, less slice of life (more comidic slice of life?), And both hamzura, accelerator and touma being moraly ambiguse for different reasons
Oct 25, 2021 11:17 PM
Dec 2020
I quite like it,it have good story,good charac,not saying thats it a great series but IMO its quite good and i enjoy it
Oct 26, 2021 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
GeekNewz said:
I don't like the zero phylosofy, koroko, slice of life and misaka being a good person with no moral chalenge. I do like toaru majutsu no index though, for having phylosofy, lese koroko, less slice of life (more comidic slice of life?), And both hamzura, accelerator and touma being moraly ambiguse for different reasons

>No moral challenge

Somebody didn't watch Railgun S.
Oct 26, 2021 3:16 AM
Mar 2021
Chiribei said:
GeekNewz said:

>No moral challenge

cloning is not a moral chalenge cause she didn't know she created them and the moment she found out she did and was able to cope with it, she started trying to save them and it was obviess who is in the right and who is in the wrong. a good argument i would say is having your protagonist do good stuff but killing people in the process and acting like a villain or have your protagonist do good stuff because he built his identety around being a hero and not actually looking for other's well being or asking the quetion of is it shit the way academy city treats level 0 espers.
Oct 26, 2021 3:22 AM
Jul 2018
GeekNewz said:
Chiribei said:

>No moral challenge

cloning is not a moral chalenge cause she didn't know she created them and the moment she found out she did and was able to cope with it, she started trying to save them and it was obviess who is in the right and who is in the wrong. a good argument i would say is having your protagonist do good stuff but killing people in the process and acting like a villain or have your protagonist do good stuff because he built his identety around being a hero and not actually looking for other's well being or asking the quetion of is it shit the way academy city treats level 0 espers.

Cloning itself is not a moral challenge, I know you had to look that up, because anybody who's actually watched the Railgun interpetation of the Sisters arc would know there's more to it than that.

The moral challenge in the arc is Misaka's decision over whether she should give the initial rumours any attention, whether or not she should actually view the clones as real people and even make it a priority to save them from their fate.

What I really find funny is the notion that you are think you know anything about Touma's moral struggles from the anime alone. The anime does nothing for Touma's moral side or his character; the entire Index anime adaptation is a total disservice to everything that makes Touma a good character. If you think you can use the Index anime to give a foundation to what you think a "good moral struggle" is, then I feel sorry for you. Read the novels.
removed-userOct 26, 2021 3:25 AM
Oct 26, 2021 6:16 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
SpinStudios said:

Railgun is brilliant at what it sets out to be. One of Thee best 'cute girls figthing stuff' anime with plenty of actual moral stakes and brilliantly done action. The OST is a bop the direction is great and it's just a whole lot of fun.

I think most who don't like it are judging it for being something it doesn't want to be, it doesn't want to be Index, you can't lower it's score for that😅 and you can't get angry that a slice of life is indeed.... A slice of life😂.

So ya it's great👍👍.
Oct 26, 2021 6:20 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
GeekNewz said:
Chiribei said:

>No moral challenge

@Chiribei already explained the complexity of the cloning so I won't reiterate that but on your last point - Did you casually forget that all of season 1 in one sense or another is about the sh*t way the city threats the level 1 Espers?
Or how power and responsibility are a continued theme through-tout the whole series😅.

Sometimes it helps to give a show the benefit of the doubth and think about it a little deeper. Hope that helps 😊👍.
Oct 26, 2021 3:54 PM
Apr 2021
69 voted yes on this

nice
Oct 26, 2021 10:32 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Yeah, it's been way more consistent than Index.
Oct 27, 2021 7:26 AM
Apr 2020
the first season is good. It gives me a slice of life vibes. The fight scene is good but fight scenes in railgun S and T are more hype for me especially the fight between touma and accelerator in railgun S and the tagteam of sugiita and touma vs level 6 misaka in railgun T. The openings and endings slaps. many best girls in the series but imma go with uiharu.
HiedelbergOct 27, 2021 7:35 AM
Oct 27, 2021 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
far better than Index sadly imo clear of that mid
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Dec 2009
I love it!
It lacks a bit of depth to some characters and moments that could be grander at times,
but for the most part, from the main cast who are rarely ever dull, but rather charming, cute and entertaining.
Railgun is awesome! From the bonds of friendship, the battle against power-tripping wannabe world dominators, the world of science and espers, the drama.

It's a great fucking manga/anime. Strong 8/10 overall.

Meanwhile, Index, who I still don't fully know if the novels are better was awful.
In comparison, even though the magic aspect of war is intriguing, the whole cast, particularly the main two protagonists are awful.
I hate Index. What a disappointment.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

169 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

224 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:13 PM

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM

» Why is there no CGDCT on this show?

Sagepool - Nov 30, 2023

14 by FZREMAKE »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.